Interview by Macgamer.com has a few bones!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man that first pic is absolutely incredible! Look at the trees! LOOK AT THE TREES! AND THE WHEAT! And those are just the stock graphics! Imagine what the game will look like when Gordon, Marco, Tom, Andrew, et al get their hands on it! Think of what CM looks like unmodded and what it looks like now, and I'll think you'll get an idea of how good CM:BB is going to be!

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Oh man that first pic is absolutely incredible! Look at the trees! LOOK AT THE TREES! AND THE WHEAT! And those are just the stock graphics! Imagine what the game will look like when Gordon, Marco, Tom, Andrew, et al get their hands on it! Think of what CM looks like unmodded and what it looks like now, and I'll think you'll get an idea of how good CM:BB is going to be!

I don't know, there is the law of diminishing returns; as the system requirements are upped, BTS can put higher-end graphics in from the getgo- once you reach a certain point, it is all a matter of taste rather than degrees of skill when it comes to mods vs. stock artwork.

There were a few other bones in there if you read closely (Africa and France 1940 before the rewrite??) ; but then again, the guy who wrote the intro seemed a bit confused - 1st person vs. 3rd person, for example.

Good article, all around.

Heya Guys,

Just so you know, those shots about about a month old now. Oh, and nope Michael, the winter terrain is ours, and its been in there for a couple of months now, hehe.

Glad you guys like how its shaping up though. The T-34 is an older texture, but will be updated soon smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Remember the MDMP? The first and some of the best High Res mods.

One of the greatest Modders is doing most if not all the mods for CMBB KwazyDog

I'm no farmer, but based on lots of stills and movie footage I've seen, I thought wheat was much taller, say, head high. If not, someone needs to explain to me some fascinating accounts I've read of SU-85s hidden in the wheat ambushing Panthers which couldn't see them.

Of course, the wheat may be immature as shown, or it may be some dwarf version I've never seen, or

it may've been arbitrarily shortened for that particular really impressive image. Would love to know the real reason.

Love the new pictures!

Regards,

John Kettler

Heya Guys!

Just a couple of quick answers!

Citizen, thanks for pointing that out....we will email them asap smile.gif

Captain Wacky, yup, Steve if looking after the uniforms himself! Hehe, you should see his collection of the real deal...very impressive!

John, if we make it much higher we unfortunately get into the old problem of not being able to see troops once they enter the stuff, hehe, so you wont bee seeing it much higher than chest height. Something we will be looking into futher with the rewrite though smile.gif

Again, glad you like how its shaping up guys...wait until you see some of the changes made in the last week or two!

Dan

[ February 28, 2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

That shot of the germans advancing in the wheat is just plain awsome! Is that a squad and three

sharpshooters?

I'd love to see squads represented like that! a 5 or 6 man representation. It looks much more natural the way they are fanned out.

Excellent job Dan the textures kick ass!

Mord

Originally posted by John Kettler:

I'm no farmer, but based on lots of stills and movie footage I've seen, I thought wheat was much taller, say, head high. If not, someone needs to explain to me some fascinating accounts I've read of SU-85s hidden in the wheat ambushing Panthers which couldn't see them.

Could be scale +4 or something.

Looking good! Especially I love the real-looking treelines against the pale winter sky. It feels like... home. One can almost feel the familiar breeze. The trees will certainly not wave in the wind yet, I recon?

There's still something odd with the screenshot with the T-34/76's. Compared with the contrast setting of the terrain the tanks look a bit hazy. Their colours don't seem to have the same intensity or depth as the backround. Soldiers do look alright, however. Should I get my eyes checked or what?

M

[ February 28, 2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Munter ]