CMBB in Canada yet??

Today still no news for my CM Bundle Pack! God this is the 12th day after it's shipping!!

I formerly wrote BTS sales representative last Friday to ask for a shipping confirmation for MY individual order and he/she promised that "I will confirm everything with once more with the warehouse". But today 5 days have passed, I still got nothing I asked for. I must say that this simple internal process takes TOO LONG and make me less confident about BTS's capability to actually help me in the worst scenario.

I can wait for 2 more days. If by this weekend I still can't get my PAID games, I would probably start to regret this order. This is no fun. I would rather pay double to simple get it from a local store.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Wally's World:

Heh, heh! Wait until our most glorious leader Ralph Klein leads Alberta to separate from Canada. tongue.gif Then us Albertans will get our own superior border customs agency and future CMs will arrive in record time. :D

Why do you think I got mine a week ago? Provincial Sales Tax is slowing it up for these other poor devils. HAHA tongue.gif

So.......

I get home tonight and check the mail.....nothing.

Bummer.

Oh well, had to do laundry anyway so I gather up all my stinky socks and grubby jeans and I put the first load in. I hate waiting for laundry, so I get in the elevator and head back to the apartment for more Ghost Recon: Island Thunder action (excellent game, BTW). My Apartment super is riding with me, along with his family and he says to me he says;

"Oh, by the way, there's a package for you in the office."

Stunned, I say;

"Really!!?? I've been waiting for that."

"Yah, had it a couple days, actually, I can drop it in your apartment tomorrow if you like."

Resisting the urge TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF I indicate that I REALLY would like to get it tonight and voila, here it is.

Man, I coulda been playin' for DAYS now, but at least, I have it.

PANZERS BURN ON THE STEPPES OF OTTAWA!!!!

WOO HOOO!!!

(At this point the wild-eyed, capering, over-weight man scampers off into the distance, randomly assaulting total strangers with the words 'igotitigotitigotit' and so forth. Luckily for the rest of us, just as he disappears over the horizon, there is a gunshot, and things return back to normal)

B

Originally posted by Barticus:

So.......

I get home tonight and check the mail.....nothing.

Bummer.

Oh well, had to do laundry anyway so I gather up all my stinky socks and grubby jeans and I put the first load in. I hate waiting for laundry, so I get in the elevator and head back to the apartment for more Ghost Recon: Island Thunder action (excellent game, BTW). My Apartment super is riding with me, along with his family and he says to me he says;

"Oh, by the way, there's a package for you in the office."

Stunned, I say;

"Really!!?? I've been waiting for that."

"Yah, had it a couple days, actually, I can drop it in your apartment tomorrow if you like."

Resisting the urge TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF I indicate that I REALLY would like to get it tonight and voila, here it is.

Man, I coulda been playin' for DAYS now, but at least, I have it.

PANZERS BURN ON THE STEPPES OF OTTAWA!!!!

WOO HOOO!!!

(At this point the wild-eyed, capering, over-weight man scampers off into the distance, randomly assaulting total strangers with the words 'igotitigotitigotit' and so forth. Luckily for the rest of us, just as he disappears over the horizon, there is a gunshot, and things return back to normal)

B

Brought a tear to me eye.. no, really it did, b/c mine is not here yet. Dorosh got it, but not me! Damn him! Damn damn damn! I live here too.

So, would it be rude of me to mention that it showed up in the middle of ferking nowhere on the praires the morning of Monday the 30th? :eek:

And that there were no customs charges for the 2xCM:BB and TacOps 4 in the package? :cool:

Just curious is all. :D

[edited cuz ay kan't spel]

[ October 02, 2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Harv ]

Tianshu,

Maybe you should take a valium here - I have an E-mail address where you can order one from :D

Seriously though, waiting all of two weeks for a game is not the end of the world. If you want to pay double, I'll sell you my copy and you can pass me your copy when you receive it. I don't mind making a quick $85 Cdn for waiting a week.

BTS has been nothing short of fantastic sorting out people's problems, lost or damaged CDs, etc, so there is no reason to start doubting them due to slow mail. Relax, play the CMBO demo again - they are excellent scenarios.

MikeF

Originally posted by rwcanuck:

Howdy! Got my 2 copies of CMBB yesterday. Luckily I had the $25.68 the postman wanted from me. Exact change or no package. Outrageous how much the government slaps on for duty and taxes.

I got this note inside my package which explains why it is taking so long for our copies to arrive here in Canada:

"YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN EXAMINED because a declaration was not found on the outside or because the declaration was incomplete.

To expedite future shipments, please advise your exporter to provide a declaration that includes the value and complete description of the contents"

I will have to let Battlefront know about this.

Hope the rest of you guys get your copies soon...

Rob

Vancouver

AHhhhh!!!! What happened to the "gift" and 5$ value that was being put onto packages to canada???

Was that just a horrible rumour to get my hopes up :(

If 2 copies is 25 bucks then I assume 1 copy would be around 12 dollars :(

Originally posted by Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rwcanuck:

Howdy! Got my 2 copies of CMBB yesterday. Luckily I had the $25.68 the postman wanted from me. Exact change or no package. Outrageous how much the government slaps on for duty and taxes.

I got this note inside my package which explains why it is taking so long for our copies to arrive here in Canada:

"YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN EXAMINED because a declaration was not found on the outside or because the declaration was incomplete.

To expedite future shipments, please advise your exporter to provide a declaration that includes the value and complete description of the contents"

I will have to let Battlefront know about this.

Hope the rest of you guys get your copies soon...

Rob

Vancouver

AHhhhh!!!! What happened to the "gift" and 5$ value that was being put onto packages to canada???

Was that just a horrible rumour to get my hopes up :(

If 2 copies is 25 bucks then I assume 1 copy would be around 12 dollars :( </font>

Finally got my copy yesterday in Rosemère, Québec(pre-ordered the bundle pack on sept. 7th). It was waiting in my mailbox, no gst or extra duties. The custom declaration said it was a gift with a value of $5.00.(Does'nt Battlefront know about the severe penalties for making false custom declarations ;) ).

The cd is in mint condition and the install was quick and painless. After a quick look at the game, I launched into the "Wittman goes east" scenario...Kursk, july 1943..."Hmmm..(Homer Simpson voice)...Tigers" :cool:

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

A need to know from those who've gotten their packages.

Canada Post will deliver the package, how?

Will it come in the normal mail (postcards, bills etc...), or will it be delivered all by itself (like Amazon.ca). One mailman, one package?

Canada Post will deliver it in a plain, brown envelope approx. 10" X 8", with bubblepack inside, in the regular mail.

Hope it helps.

B

Originally posted by JC_Hare:

Finally got my copy yesterday in Rosemère, Québec(pre-ordered the bundle pack on sept. 7th). It was waiting in my mailbox, no gst or extra duties. The custom declaration said it was a gift with a value of $5.00.(Does'nt Battlefront know about the severe penalties for making false custom declarations ;) ).

The cd is in mint condition and the install was quick and painless. After a quick look at the game, I launched into the "Wittman goes east" scenario...Kursk, july 1943..."Hmmm..(Homer Simpson voice)...Tigers" :cool:

Hmmm sounds like some people are getting hit with a big cash payment and some not. I guess it's a crapshoot.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Well in Canada it sounds like Mac disk discrimination to Me :mad:

all the mac guys here are still waiting for the disks grrr..

Is there a PC CMBB conspiracy at work here?? :confused:

Enquiring minds want to know!

-tom w

( Posted in good humour smile.gif )

(sort of :( )

Well I only ordered my Mac copy 7 days ago so I wont complain just yet.

:D