CMBB in Canada yet??

I'm impressed, after waiting exactly 21 days for CMBO, I received CMBB today in Vancouver, delivered right to the door. smile.gif My preorder, #80705, was on September 7. No problem installing the game though there was a large *waterspot*, for lack of a better word, around the center. Off to browse the hefty manual.

Ron

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sztomcat:

Did all you lucky Canadians get your package directly from postman?

I have to pick up my mail packages in local Shopper's Drug Mart, hope this would delay me for only one day more than you guys.

As reported in another thread, the soft envelope fit nicely in my apartment's mailbox. No hassles, no fuss, no muss.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sztomcat:

I have to pick up my mail packages in local Shopper's Drug Mart, hope this would delay me for only one day more than you guys.

As reported in another thread, the soft envelope fit nicely in my apartment's mailbox. No hassles, no fuss, no muss.</font>

I'm the only Ottawa resident who didn't get it before the weekend... unless Barticus is a lucky bastiche.

Its rainy and miserable out...perfect for a nite of gaming.

How many Mac versions have crossed the world's largest undefended border?

RCMP use your power and pull some strings.

Cheers

Brett

[ September 27, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Hoopenfaust 101 ]

Originally posted by Little_Black_Devil:

Well - I actually got my copy today!! smile.gif

It also installed without a hitch!! smile.gif

However Customs charged me $15 (GST,PST & Handling).

Did anyone else get nailed for this - or do you have to live in Manitoba to recieve ths "extra special care"? :rolleyes:

Got it in Victoria yesterday. I was in such a rush i just ripped it open and grabbed the book & CD. I didn't notice anything from Canada Customs. I better find that package and find out lest they try to take it back. (I'd like to see them try though) ;)

-r

Canada Post delivered it "COD", in reference to the "outstanding charges from Canada Customs".

It was delivered by this cute Canada Post chick......I mean there she was.....just holding the damn game right in front of me.....all I had to do was pay $15 and sign the damned Customs Form....

Like I could have said "no - I won't pay that $15, its obsurd". :rolleyes:

It certainly was well worth the wait though.

I'm just wondering if anyone else got bent over the table by Canada Customs? :eek:

[ September 27, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Little_Black_Devil ]

Originally posted by RCMP:

Ok maybe its a little early this weekend, but lets see who is lucky enough this week?

Toronto? Vancouver? Montreal? Any takers who will be first. Maybe Quebec I'm thinking.

Hmmmmm well its something to do while we Canucks wait. smile.gif

Reporting from Halifax, got it yesterday, paid the gov't their $15 ransome.

Krazy

Where`s Canada? Well,pardner.....were located between Afghanistan and Iran.Yeah,that`s right were Iraq`s next door neighbor and biggest trading partner!Heck,not only do we have oil as well but more damn timber than you Yanks can shake a stick at.Gee,guess we will be deemed a member of the "axis of evil" by `ol DUBYA too.Maybe he will have to invade Canada to "liberate" us of our natural resources like he is doing to many other sovereign nations!

Where is Canada? Shame on you! tongue.gif

Ha ha Hoopenfaust I think I should try!

Thing that irks me the most is that my buddy pre-ordered the same day, from my machine and lives 12 doors down and received it on Thursday!!! We even have the same "supermail box" and the the same BLODDY postman!! My pre-order number is even less than his (81233) hmmmmm......Anyone else get it in Hamilton, Ontario?

Oh well, I hope it didn't get lost but I think I'm in the running for being one of the last pre-orders in Canada to get the product. :rolleyes:

*sigh**

Thanks for letting me vent guys

[ September 29, 2002, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: RCMP ]

Originally posted by MikeF:

The bigger question is "Is there anyone in Ottawa who didn't receive it?".

I'm in Ottawa as well, I received it and I'm lovin' it! :D

Anyone in the Ottawa area want to start a PBEM?

MikeF

I am also in Ottawa. No Bundle Pack (Ordered 09/16) yet. I don't know what the hell is going on but it seems that I am the only one who still haven't got his pack today:(.

To be honest, I feel very frustrated and worried since I might pay CDN$100 just for nothing before Thanksgiving.

If this is due to the tardiness of Canada Customs and Canada Post, I must say that they should feel ashamed for their low-stand service.

I immigrated from communist China, a slight part of the reason of my immigration is that China is not a free and open country, so every publication must be approved (at least officially). This gave me no confidence at all for China Customs, since they might just confisticate my software package from USA as st. "might be poisonous". Also, the mail system in China in notoriously unreliable ...

How can I live in a country that you dare not to buy games/books online from outside world?

However, this time even some Chinese guys living in mainland got their CMBB package before me, who's living in one of the closest cities from BTS warehouse! This is just too cynical: how could the Customs & Post beauracracy here serve us in a lower standard in comparison with communist China, whose custom officers are scanning mails carefully like drug dogs?

Believe it or not, this is the only time that I really wish I was living in China now. At least I can play my games without such a Everyone-gets-his-except-me frustration.

Before this I can get all my mails in 4-5 working days, even from Hongkong.

Originally posted by Wally's World:

Whine, whine, whine! What's an extra week or two for CMBB to be delivered? I just ordered mine last Monday and I'm not biting my nails yet.

No complaining?

That's why you are enjoying such a system where even cross-border mail would take > 10 days and BTS set the normal schedule for canadians to amazing 2-4 weeks (A shame for a neighbour).

Yes, waiting a game for another 1-2 weeks won't kill us, but think about those more important mails and the overall inefficiency in this system. Even online salers like BTS or Amazon might suffer since next time some people may not be patient enought to wait 2 weeks and buy st. online cross border( I might be patient enough for 2 weeks, but maybe next time it takes 4 weeks or even longer).

After all, I am not whining just for this game, eh? Even for this game, i believe both of us want to share the game experience with so many people here NOW, not to be left behind as a sore rookie. smile.gif

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sztomcat:

As reported in another thread, the soft envelope fit nicely in my apartment's mailbox. No hassles, no fuss, no muss.</font>