CMBB in Canada yet??

Originally posted by Canuck:

lol I think he meant pallisades. You know, those walls of sharpened posts that we have running around our houses to keep out the natives smile.gif

Oh yes those... well I took mine down, we have a treaty with the locals. :D

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was greeted this morning (Monday) with a package at my doorstep. I can report that my two copies of CMBB arrived in Mississauga, Ontario safe and sound. Luckily Canada Customs allowed this package to pass unmolested. My order number was 80675.

Now to install the software.

Chris

Go figure! I take 3 lousy days off to go Moose hunting down here in NB last week, and what arrives the first day I'm gone, you guessed it my copy of the game. So it sat on my desk since Thursday, while I was out getting wet and miserable while looking for that ever evasive moose. :(:(

Originally posted by chris talpas:

I was greeted this morning (Monday) with a package at my doorstep. I can report that my two copies of CMBB arrived in Mississauga, Ontario safe and sound. Luckily Canada Customs allowed this package to pass unmolested. My order number was 80675.

Now to install the software.

Chris

You you Bastard! you beat me AGAIN!

For those you don't know Chris got his CMBO copy a few days before me the last time we entered the Great Combat Mission Pre Order Delivery Race! smile.gif

-tom w

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Guys,

If by the end of the third week from the time of your order you have not received it, let us know. There is only a slim chance it would show up after this time. Also guys who placed their orders as of last Friday are on backorder until probably this Friday.

Thanks,

Steve

Does that back order situation stand for the Mac Version as well??

Since there are two different versions is hard for me to believe the Mac version is now back ordered?

:confused:

-tom w

P.S. personally I don't care I preordered my Mac version on the first available day of preorders. smile.gif pre order # 80611

[ October 01, 2002, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Howdy! Got my 2 copies of CMBB yesterday. Luckily I had the $25.68 the postman wanted from me. Exact change or no package. Outrageous how much the government slaps on for duty and taxes.

I got this note inside my package which explains why it is taking so long for our copies to arrive here in Canada:

"YOUR PACKAGE HAS BEEN EXAMINED because a declaration was not found on the outside or because the declaration was incomplete.

To expedite future shipments, please advise your exporter to provide a declaration that includes the value and complete description of the contents"

I will have to let Battlefront know about this.

Hope the rest of you guys get your copies soon...

Rob

Vancouver

Tom, no... the Mac version is still in stock.

Rob, I think it sounds like either the declaration ripped off the pacakge during transit or the Customs folks decided to have a peek on their own. Then they saw your receipt, took out their nasty calculator (man, that is a LOT of duties!!! Holy Cow!) and beat you over the head with it.

Steve

Rob, I think it sounds like either the declaration ripped off the pacakge during transit or the Customs folks decided to have a peek on their own. Then they saw your receipt, took out their nasty calculator (man, that is a LOT of duties!!! Holy Cow!) and beat you over the head with it.

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve! smile.gif

I'm still looking forward to me cherished Mac copy in the mail. (Duty free if I am lucky)

Maybe today after work. :rolleyes:

-tom w

Steve

No No they do it politely up in Canada.

Guys,

If by the end of the third week from the time of your order you have not received it, let us know. There is only a slim chance it would show up after this time. Also guys who placed their orders as of last Friday are on backorder until probably this Friday.

Thanks,

Steve

That sounds good that you have a back log of oders already (i hope). smile.gif

Guys,

Thanks,

Steve

Does that mean you can now afford to buy another Weasel or WWII Tank? smile.gif ch-ching! :cool:

-tom w

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgt Shultz:

Got it on Sept 26 here in Stratford,Ontario. smile.gif

Your naitives seem to be getting restless, Candians still use palicades right?</font>

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Another day goes by.......

This makes my girlfriend very happy.

Me....unhappy :(

Maybe tommorrow......

Second thought, maybe we can ask BTS to email us the electronic file of the manual first!

Since we have already bought our games, we will sooner or later get the printed manual and electronic ones on CDROM as well. So why can't they just send the manual files to us as an apeasement and at least let us prepared ourselves better for the incoming endless, bloody battles?

BTS have already provided some other uninstallable files for users to download, so it is quite justified for them to email manual to us poor whiners. smile.gif

Originally posted by Tianshu:

Second thought, maybe we can ask BTS to email us the electronic file of the manual first!

Since we have already bought our games, we will sooner or later get the printed manual and electronic ones on CDROM as well. So why can't they just send the manual files to us as an apeasement and at least let us prepared ourselves better for the incoming endless, bloody battles?

BTS have already provided some other uninstallable files for users to download, so it is quite justified for them to email manual to us poor whiners. smile.gif

I second that motion.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

For those you don't know Chris got his CMBO copy a few days before me the last time we entered the Great Combat Mission Pre Order Delivery Race! smile.gif

-tom w

Tom,

In the depths of my heart I was hoping yours would arrive before mine. I'm beginning to worry about the Karmic deficit I'm building up. I do hope yours arrives by Wednesday untouched by Customs.

Chris

Originally posted by chris talpas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

-tom w

Tom,

In the depths of my heart I was hoping yours would arrive before mine. I'm beginning to worry about the Karmic deficit I'm building up. I do hope yours arrives by Wednesday untouched by Customs.

Chris</font>