Boots and Tracks Mods - Not Very Good

Voxman, if you don't like a mod you don't need to download it.

I think it's pretty bad taste to put down the work of others that offer it for free.

If you have suggestions the modders will be happy to hear your feedback, write them an email.

But such broad statements are IMO very ungrateful to the work and dedication of the modders.

Hey, Voxman...I guess I don't get the point of your post. Those Mods were posted by B&T, but were made by KwazyDog, who's done a ton of great work for CMBO and CMBB (in fact, he did many of the skins for both games). So, I'm with Parabellum on this one. Offer some constructive criticism...or don't bother cluttering up the airwaves.

Originally posted by Voxman:

Looked at the B&T Mods for CMBB a couple of times and I am not to impressed.

Voxman

Why thank you. I for one Am impressed with the amount of useful information provided in your post, and will now definitely remember to make my own coffee tomorrow too.

All of your detailed comments on why they are "not very good", along with the very useful suggestions on how they can be improved will be taken under review so that the next batch will meet your expectations.

And how do you like the scenario selection so far? Some good feedback for those along these lines would be most helpful also.

Harv

Don't be too hard on Voxman, guys. I think he has the record now for most consecutive posts directly addressed to BFC not getting an "official" response. He obviously has concluded he needs to turn further afield to get some attention.

I think this is the part where we are supposed to beg him to explain why he doesn't like what he sees? :confused: :confused:

Hmm, too bad the Simpsons are on in ten.

Bump! :D

Originally posted by Runyan99:

One thing - I never saw a KwazyDog Panther pack, and I cannot find any mods at Boots & Tracks. Am I missing something?

Yup.

Came out with the October issue of the B&T Times (which came out November 1... hmm, maybe we could fix that). KwazyDog posted about it here in the forum a few days later. Hope you like them more than Voxman does. smile.gif

Scott

Hehe, Im not sure if he meant that he didnt like the mod I did, or if he couldnt find many mods over there. The later shouldnt be suprising though, as B&T is primarily a scenario and op site, which I beleive is their focus (unless Im wrong guys ;) ?). Either way, it seems not the best way to bring up a topic for discussion smile.gif .

Runyan99, check out the boots and tracks newsletter below for screen shots and downloads.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/boots_tracks/B&T_Times_Oct02.pdf

Glad some of you guys enjoyed them smile.gif

Dan

[ November 18, 2002, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Pretty weak Vox. Do the girlies make fun of your offerings as well? I'm sure someone else could do much better too in that reguard. tongue.gif

I use many mods. I think quite a few are outside my tastes, but I don't bash the good hearted modders unless I have something constructive to say that I think may improve their modding abilities. To just shoot someone down that offers a free product for your personal enjoyment is plain rude. :(

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

[ November 18, 2002, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Clarification:

Substitute 'Scenario Maps' for 'Mods'

It is the 'Maps' I feel are of low quality.

However, I did like many of the CMBO maps!

Lovingly yours,

Voxman

Yes..Yes, the one who never makes the coffee is the first one to complain about the taste smile.gif

Voxman

I totally agree - in actual fact, I have taken up the fact that the Steppe is so dreary-looking, thereby spoiling my enjoyment of CMBB steppe scenarios with The Creator, aka God, aka Allah. I mean, what was he/she thinking when he/she came up with it?

Probably went like this: "Hey mate, I like so can't be bothered to do some nice stuff today, so like, let's just make a barren wasteland with some like balkas. Sodd those CMBB players."

Seriously, I have asked for my church tax back. It just ain't good enough.

I am with you man!

Not sure if you're talking about CMBB scenarios here but I know the historic ones are based on actual topographical maps.

So if you have an issue about terrain you need to take it up with God.

Edited to note that our very own English Tueton (or is it Germanic Pom?) beats me to the punch while I'm typing. Curse you Andreas! ;)

Mace

[ November 18, 2002, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Yes..Yes, the one who never makes the coffee is the first one to complain about the taste smile.gif

Voxman

Wow! What an incredible post! Could you perhaps be just a bit more insulting without adding anything useful?

Clarification:

Substitute 'Scenario Maps' for 'Mods'

However, I did like many of the CMBO maps!

Lovingly yours,

Voxman

I suppose it hasn't dawned on you that Russia is somewhat different that France? Please show us an example of your fine maps that we may be enlightened

I don't know how anyone could come here and have the nerve to say these things in such a way.

Do you have any idea how hard people like Wyatt Barnett (the least you could do is spell his name right) work to add well-researched scenarios and maps to the game?

I see you had no answer to the fact the maps, for the most part, are taken from real topographical charts.

Oh, and by the way Voxman -- if you want to know where the sewer is, look down -- it's that thing you just crawled out of.

Jason