Boots and Tracks Mods - Not Very Good

Originally posted by Voxman:

How about describing the current maps at B&T as -

- Child-Like

- Poor Effort

- Crappy

If your going to do a map in the future, please put some effort into it or why bother.

Perhaps you didn't realize I was being sarcastic when I asked if you could be any more insulting...

I'll take negative feedback with a grain of salt and all that, but I'll be damned if I know how to make our scenario maps less "crappy" and "child like."

In any case, Voxman, poor form.

If you don't like them, don't play them. I personally don't mind when people don't care for my scenarios, but you'll understand that I do take it seriously when people launch destructive criticism at the material that my team members have worked so hard on and offer for free. This helps no one - all you have really done is make people unhappy and annoyed, which makes my job harder in the end. Thanks for nothing.

Scott

I think its time to start thinking about banning our friend Voxman. While he was warned to stop taking swipes at me, he has obviously picked another target. Like the serial sniper, there is no ryhme or reason.

How about Why-att Barnett's poor effort:

[url=http://www.militarygameronline.com/Boots_Tracks/Scenarios/FFront.jpg]

I've never seen Voxman and Wyatt actually interact on this board before - so why the need to ridicule his name, firstly, and then trash what actually looks like an interesting map just because it doesn't have sewers?

Voxman, much of Russia didn't even have electricity or running water, so why you would think a small village would have extensive sewers is beyond me.

It looks like a terrific map, come to that.

FFront.jpg

How about describing the current maps at B&T as -

- Child-Like

- Poor Effort

- Crappy

If your going to do a map in the future, please put some effort into it or why bother.

Lets take a look at a couple:

How about Why-att Barnett's poor effort:

http://www.militarygameronline.com/Boots_Tracks/Scenarios/FFront.jpg

Or this one:

http://www.militarygameronline.com/Boots_Tracks/Scenarios/Panic.jpg

Where at the big factories and sewers ?

Shame Shame Shame...

I will stick to the QB maps for now.

Cordially,

Voxman

Well there we go! All the feedback and constructive criticism we were looking for...you must have taken my other post to heart!

Thank you ever so much sir, and I'm sure Wyatt will be along shortly to go back in time and cover the whole of Russia with factories connected by sewers just like all of the QB maps have.

It is truely amazing how far along you have come in just a couple of posts. Keep going, I'm sure this will only get better.

Harv

Hmm, yeah, that map does suck. There are no factories and sewers. Nevermind that it is a small village without running water, and there are no large heavy buildings for sewers to connect to. I will endevour to please you in the future, voxie.

Mike--thanks for the compliments, most of the playtesters loved the map as well.

Vox--speaking of childish, no one has called me by that name since elementary school. Not to mention your sig-line whines. Great form, I am sure BFC is scrambling on your behalf. If you even read the tech forum you should have noted that nVidia has already been contacted.

Speaking of maps, you want sprawling factories, sewers and such. Well, have you ever considered designing your own. I am sure it won't be nearly as childish and sucky as mine.

WWB

Gentlemen,

At this point, I suspect, Vox is enjoying the fact that you (we) actually give a rat's ass what he thinks. I suggest we let him (and his posts) slide away. I for one will never more respond to a VOX or vox-like post.

Agree?

-Atlas

[ November 18, 2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Potvin ]

This is really lame trolling at its worst. I bet the next posting will read "oh sorry, this time I didn't mean the maps, I meant the [add your favourite]". It's simply not worth your time, people.

Voxchild: when I look out of my window, I see a lot of childish terrain. Trees even. And no sewers. Bummer.

[ November 18, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Lindan ]