Official Contest Thread for CMBB Intro Movie Music*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones.

That's the one that starts off with "Hey ho, Let's go!" for all you sports fans out there. You have heard this song if you are a hockey fan.

Go Avs! Beat the Wings in game 7!

Mick

Originally posted by ciks:

Something from Soviet propoganda songs of that time. "Vstavai strana ogromnaja" for example.

I think a compromise solution is indicated, along the lines of the ISIHAC game "One song to the tune of another".

I vote we have the tune of the old Soviet national anthem, with the words to "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

Try singing it, it really works well!

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by Kirill S.:

how about this one

Proschanie Slavyanki

A quite popular wartime music in USSR

Oh, think this is too soft, and romantic interludes doesn't really set the tone for the heavy fighting.

I cannot find the mp3 for the "Vstavaj strana..." but i think it has some misterious power to it. Something undescribable...

Is there some site with soviet songs of that time in mp3?

EDIT: Yes, i think the correct name of the song i ment is "Sacred war". Thanks, Berli.

[ May 30, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: ciks ]

Jesus Built My Hotrod, also by Ministry.

or

The opening bars to Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin repeated over and over and over.

or

Last Caress, either the Misfits version or the Metallica cover.

or

My real vote: the first movement of Mozarts Requiem.

Something original that is influenced by Shostakovich wartime works. For example Dimitri Shostakovich 5th symphony (4th movement) has some moments very similar in spirit to the CM:BO opening music. Note that Soviet censors required 32 measures of military march in every symphony!!

Just my opinion. I know this may sound "high brow" but I am very impressed with the CM:BO opening theme. Is it original music? The symphonic sound there is the best and I hope CM:BB has something equally good!

-Sarge

P.S. From the german perspective the sound similar to Mozart Requiem as mentioned before is good, but not martial enough. [except for the Dies Irae and Confutatis perhaps]

[ May 30, 2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Sarge Saunders ]

Its gotta be..

Springtime for Hitler

Germany was having trouble, what a sad, sad story

Needed a new leader to restore its former glory

Where, Oh where was he? Where could that man be?

We looked around and then we found

The man for you and me.

And now it's..

Springtime for Hitler and Germany

Deutschland is happy and gay

We're marching to a faster pace

Look out, here comes the master race

Winter for Poland and France

Come on, Germans, go into your dance

I was born in Dusseldorf, and that is why they call me Rolf

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party

Goosestep's the new step today

bombs falling from the skies again

Deutschland is on the rise again

Uboats are sailing once more

Means that soon we'll be going

We've got to be going

You know we'll be going to WAR!

Originally posted by ciks:

I cannot find the mp3 for the "Vstavaj strana..." but i think it has some misterious power to it. Something undescribable...

Is there some site with soviet songs of that time in mp3?

EDIT: Yes, i think the correct name of the song i ment is "Sacred war". Thanks, Berli.

Sacred War would be Svyachennaya voina IIRC. The MP3 (along with others) can be found HERE

Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

P.S. From the german perspective the sound similar to Mozart Requiem as mentioned before is good, but not martial enough. [except for the Dies Irae and Confutatis perhaps]

I guess it depends on your perspective. The mournful sounds of the string section that opens Mozarts piece seem to me to be the perfect accompaniment to the misery and tragedy of the war.

My personal opinion is of course totally irrelevant to everyone else, but the happy, lets- go-kick-some-ass-now type of song doesn't really resonate with me.

I know not everyone liked the movie Platoon, but do you remember the scene where "Tracks of My Tears" played over the visuals of a battle in the jungle? The juxtaposition of the violent action and the slow, sad song were very touching, I thought.

I guess thats why I hear music like the Requiem in my head when I see scenes of war.

Originally posted by Terence:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

I guess it depends on your perspective. The mournful sounds of the string section that opens Mozarts piece seem to me to be the perfect accompaniment to the misery and tragedy of the war.

My personal opinion is of course totally irrelevant to everyone else, but the happy, lets- go-kick-some-ass-now type of song doesn't really resonate with me.

I know not everyone liked the movie Platoon, but do you remember the scene where "Tracks of My Tears" played over the visuals of a battle in the jungle? The juxtaposition of the violent action and the slow, sad song were very touching, I thought.

I guess thats why I hear music like the Requiem in my head when I see scenes of war.</font>