Official Contest Thread for CMBB Intro Movie Music*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excerpts from Wagner's Tanenhorst Overture(sp) could be taken which would be absolutely perfect.

Eric - "Roads to Moscow" by Al Stewart (I think . . the same guy who did "year of the cat", if that's Al Stewart).

"Back in the USSR" is most appropriate.

or "Don't Fear the Reaper"

Kinda like "20,000 russkie conscripts every day,

You can be like they are..." etc. etc.

Of course, you will need "White Christmas" or "Winter Wonderland" for the Stalingrad-Moscow-Leningrad battles.

I think all the posts lobbying for either a German or a Russian song as the main theme are pretty silly because

a) of copyright issues

B) it isn't really fair to have a German or a Russian song since that just seems biased

c) it also exludes the Romanians, Finns, Hungarians, Slovaks, French, Spanish, Polish, etc. troops who fought in the East

I suspect we will get a generic "military sounding" march, which is fine by me.

Quake1's soundtrac -what ,why no one takes me seriously?

Sillanpään marssilaulu? :rolleyes:tongue.gif :cool:

Now wouldnt it be just easier if everyone just would run their own music.

And if there must be an intro ,then by all means let it be the sound of military boots, atleast Im not going to listen russian propaganda songs :mad:

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

Quake1's soundtrac -what ,why no one takes me seriously?

Sillanpään marssilaulu? :rolleyes:tongue.gif :cool:

Now wouldnt it be just easier if everyone just would run their own music.

And if there must be an intro ,then by all means let it be the sound of military boots, atleast Im not going to listen russian propaganda songs :mad:

Others would be equally opposed to the Horst Wesel song; generic is the way to go. ;)

How about Nikita by Elton John? :D

more seriously, please not Barber's Adagio for strings, its way too popular pseudo-classic for kiddies who heard it and want to think they are into classic music. not a bad piece in itself, but abused too much.

for a real suggestion, if the BTS intro starts off with a CMBB battle german attack, slowly switching over to a russian counterattack, I would tend to agree to those who want to open with german music and close it with russian music. please no propaganda music from either side. btw Wessellied as such is illegal in germany.

rather stick to classical music. nothing slow, except maybe a few tacts for the opening and end. there have been a few good suggestions already, like "dies irae".

as another suggestion for the middle part that shows the battle waging back and forth, I'ld like something like the main theme "Dance of the Knights" from Sergei Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.

Its both well-known, befitting to the battle background of steel knights (tanks) battling each other, and both pleasant and encouraging to listen to.

btw Michael Dorosh,

copyright won't be an issue since the works we are discussing here as such have been publicized over 50 years ago. what does have the copyright on the CDs you are buying is the interpretation, the playing of the song by a certain orchestra/musician.

if BTS (oops, sorry, "Battlefront.com") does their own midi or whatever play of these songs they are ok.

[ June 02, 2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

I think it would be nice to hear either:

I want to hold your hand

or

What the World Needs Now

maybe...

Peacetrain

I dunno...check it out, might be a nice intro. I see something akin to the 1970s Coke Commercial with all the world coming together on that one hill for a Coke?

Then at the end...bomb the shizzy out of them, it'd be nice.

For whatever it's worth, Gordon has started girding his loins to write CMMOS for CMBB. And I've started collecting music for "The Steppes are Alive", the CMMOS CMBB equivalent of "The Hills are Alive".

And I had already planned to include many of the pieces of music mentioned in the final product.

So eventually there won't be one single CMBB theme song, there will be many.

Provided, of course, that people can figure out how to install it...