Yes Argie, there is a Peng Challenge!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

But mind-numbingly, scare-the-little-children, power-sand-your-retinas, run-screaming-and-gibbering-from-the-room butt-ugly in real life.

So let's see: my opponents will be brainless, blind, and running away, AND I get to scare the children too? I can't fail! Heck, even my liege dalem couldn't lose a game under THOSE conditions.

Originally posted by Croda:

Now go make fun of Pondscum some more

Ahhh, good, so even with your sad collection of degenerative diseases - sad mostly because they've been forced to take residence in your aged and sub-standard husk - you can at last tell the difference between that ute-loving AussieJeff and myself. Congratulations! Of course, we know that you were actually using your yapping little semi-house-trained attack-poodle Boo_Radley as a guide dog ("Seek, boy, seek! Find the bad man! And then worry his shoelaces to death!"), but we have to make these allowances for age and infirmity.

Sadly, I still seem to be lacking that ARMOR SETUP in my mailbox. Perhaps you could whip your squireling until he teaches you of the wonders of email?

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

<BIG>HEY! Look at <BIG>ME<SMALL> everybody! I'm SO SMART, ME HEAD WON'T FIT ON A PIN!<SMALL>

Oh, really? Insanely <U>clever</U> deduction there, Boo-boo.

AJ</font>

Originally posted by PondScum:

Of course, we know that you were actually using your yapping little semi-house-trained attack-poodle Boo_Radley as a guide dog ("Seek, boy, seek! Find the bad man! And then worry his shoelaces to death!"), but we have to make these allowances for age and infirmity.

That's MOSTLY house-trained, you freakish little golem!

My Schedule, by Butch Johnson.

Tomorrow: Wedding in Philthydelphia. All day Excursion

Sunday: 4 Yr olds B-day party and all the hoopla that entails. Yay.

Monday night - Saturday: In Virginia for a class and hitting all the local drinkeries.

Conclusion: Few posts and fewer turns for the next week. Don't like it? Suck it up. Do like it? Go bite the head off a trout.

Also, my wife continues to get more and more pregnant as those things go. One of these days I imagine the buddling little Non-Eagles fans will decide the time is ripe to swagger into the world. When that happens, I imagine contact from me will resemble this:

Those of you with smart comments can keep them to yourselves. Those of you with dumb comments are better off keeping them to yourselves too for a change.

So let's see: my opponents will be brainless, blind, and running away, AND I get to scare the children too? I can't fail! Heck, even my liege dalem couldn't lose a game under THOSE conditions.
You called ? I can send you a set up right now. I want revenge !

Noba.

Originally posted by Croda:

Those of you with smart comments can keep them to yourselves. Those of you with dumb comments are better off keeping them to yourselves too for a change.

So, in other words, my liege, I assume that the line I was going to post , asking in a most incredulous manner, about how they actually allowed you to breed, would not be kindly met?

OK. Not to worry. You'll hear no such thing from this quarter.

p.s. Bring me back something nice, if there is such a thing in Philthy-delphia.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

That's MOSTLY house-trained, you freakish little golem!

I say "semi-", you say "MOSTLY", let's call the whole thing off. [And I'd better stop there else Seanachai will join in on the chorus] Oh, and please don't spray the carpet on your way out.

Originally posted by Noba:

You called ? I can send you a set up right now. I want revenge !

Ha! You think to tempt me with your evil quick turnaround, oh pustulent squire, but I have MANY turns and setups that will fill my inbox shortly. Oh yes. From chrisl, last seen a week ago bemoaning his blazing "Tiger?". From Yeknod, Barnsley's excuse for a good night out of donkey-bashing. From Goanna, off getting pregnant or something. From Croda, off regretting getting someone else pregnant or something. And lastly from Peng, who's missed so many incarnations of the MBT that he's fading gently away, like a Cheshire cat but with sloping glacis armor and a nasty little 75mm popgun.

Did I mention that the pigs have been cleared for takeoff?

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Mace

You are now on the top of my I really hate this bastard list

Wow!!!

You should see what it's got, Berli

You can [blank] and [blank], and when things splode they [blank]. Tanks now come in [blank] and when they take a hit they [blank].

Even buildings now [blank] when they [blank], and flames [blank].

Why I even notice when squads are being [blank][blank], little bits of [blank] are [blank] [blank].

And you're missing out!!!

Mace

PS Yes, I can be a real bastard. I work for Government dontcha know!

[ April 05, 2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

OK, just got back in from an evening of beers and video golf, let's see how little sense I can make, shall we?

Oscillating Jeff and I are two thirds through our little match up from hell and we're both staggering around the countryside not unlike Rocky and Apollo Creed in the last round of Rocky 1. If any of you out there would like to play the parts of Talia Shire and Burt Young, raise your hands. I sort of figured Joe Shaw would make a spiffy Burgess Meredith.

Crodaburg starring the ever popular R_Leete is in a word...awful. If by some Frankensteinian method,this battle were to be made into a human being, it would be so beat up, so bedraggled, so ridden hard and put away wet, it would make Keith Richards look positively "dewy". The battlefield is so littered with armor, it looks like downtown Beirut.

Have I made my point clear?

Don Quixotethon and I are actually playing two games, did you know that? That's twice the frustration for half the price! He sends me a move one or twice a week. I respond. It's like that. Check back with me around June, we may have traded gunfire by then.

Oh, I see by my e-mail indicator that I have a new move by AJ! That's either Aus machen Jeff or Al Jereau. Anybody want to give me odds? To paraphrase Dorothy Parker, let's see "what fresh hell this is."

By now (pay later).

Originally posted by Seanachai:

That's right, folks, it's another Meeting of the Peng Challenge Thread Seniours!

At this gathering, we shall discuss many weighty matters.

OK, that explains it! I was watching the weather this morning (Doppler 5 is on your side!)and there was a huge unexplained warm front centered over Minnesota. It wasn't a warm front at all. It's just a huge mass of hot air! I feel so much better in knowing that.

p.s. You realize that we're going to have to see photos of this...this...words fail me.

[ April 06, 2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

We have every hope of Joe Shaw meeting his Grand Squire, Hanns. The horror, the horror!
Easy now, that's my GrandSquire you're speaking of, poor little lad is doubtless in tears over missing his Grand Liege and it'll be tough for him to sleep tonight ... perhaps Grand Liege has a quarter for a good GrandSquire, eh?

But the rest is right enough ... {sigh} ... not only do I have to endure the torture of listening to my inferiors in both knowledge and skill attempt to fumble their way through a week long training session, but I have to be one of the trainees (new company, new computer system, got to speak the lingo, donchaknow, before I can be trusted to train our new lads and lasses)!

And then, to make it even worse, I have to put up with this assorted lot of losers from the MBT for the evening. Perhaps I can slip away and watch PBS in my room, that's bound to be a better choice don't you think?

I will, as mentioned earlier, be incommunicado for the week so do TRY not to let the place go to wrack and ruin in my absence!

Joe