Yes Argie, there is a Peng Challenge!

Me thinks the Olde ones sat around the table, each took one sip of their watery 'merkin beer and instantly passed out for several hours, waking only to make up stories of a cheery, booze-filled evening.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

Me thinks the Olde ones sat around the table, each took one sip of their watery 'merkin beer and instantly passed out for several hours, waking only to make up stories of a cheery, booze-filled evening.

didn't anybody think to frag 'em.

Actually, we had the good taste to go to a authentic English pub where they brew their own and serve it at the correct temp.

Way better than Aussie beer, I'm sure.

So there.

In other news, just a brief note to let you all know of OGSF’s complete and utter topplement in "The Royal Regiment".

By the numbers:

Allies – 21

Axis – 77

Axis Major Victory.

OGSF complained that his Brit armor vs one lonely Hetzer was, oh, how did he put it?

Oh yes, ”something like shooting squirrels as they run along a fence”

31 vehicles knocked out.

I likes shooting squirrels.

Defending against the Assault is so hard these days.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

Actually, we had the good taste to go to a authentic English pub where they brew their own and serve it at the correct temp.

</font>

Originally posted by Simon Elwen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

</font>

And another thing... I'LL let you know when a pub is authentic or not seeing as MOI did spend a year working in an English pub in England of all places, fancy that eh?

Where you allowed to take your dog in with you?

No?

Then it wasn't an authentic English pub then was it?

Bite me.

A fat lot of good that link was, no pikkey of your watering hole.

I worked at the 'Jolly Miller' in Poole, which I beleive has now been torn down for a hotel. They also sponsored me with my racing. Well, not so much the pub, more like the pub manageress sponsored me but the tricky part was, her husband was also the bouncer and he was quite a large chappy.

Your old Unca Stukey never did get caught red-handed although hubby dear did have his suspicions.

Ahh memories.......

What was that old Python bit? Oh yeah, How is 'Merican beer like making love in a canoe?

It's feckin' close to water.

Originally posted by Lars:

But if it's brewed on 'Merkin soil, it must be 'Merkin beer (it might pretend to be Pom beer, but it's 'Merkin beer)?

After seeing the outback steakhouse and observing what a fine job you've done replicating Aussie slang and mannerisms, we can only guess how good the traditional English pub was.

Way better than Aussie beer, I'm sure.
Not if it's at room temperature, it's not!

Mace

[ April 08, 2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Well...we survived our trip to <FONT SIZE = -2>1</FONT SIZE = -2>MinneGnoma. These guys are the nicest but strangest bunch of pillocks I've ever met. I'm so tired....zzzzzzzzz.

Gnomeapolis.jpg

Berli, Lars (a.k.a. Gary Shandling), the Justicar, the Übergnome (that really is his own genuine gnome hat), Dalem (his poor dog really has no ears)

<FONT SIZE = -2>1. Originally quoted from Yeknod. (Don't want you to think I'm a plagerizer.)</FONT SIZE = -2

Persephone

[ April 08, 2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Originally posted by Persephone:

Gnomeapolis.jpg

Apart from the gnome hat, you'd think this morbid looking lot were at a funeral.

Where are the balloons?, the streamers?, the loud hawiaan shirts?,the empty tinnies?

Does Peng have to organise everything for youse guys?

Sheesh, you rotten 'Poolers - I bowed to the peer pressure of posting the whiner's name (ok, maybe the subject heading was a bit overboard), but now I'm left to wither on the vine! How terrible that Simon Fox thinks I'm silly!

I should have taken up Seanachai on his offer of bashing said curmudgeon - Phan, not Fox - here in your oasis of rudiousity and saved myself the bother.

But it's all out of my system, except for the Seanachai Challenge part - where's my setup you git????

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Sheesh, you rotten 'Poolers - I bowed to the peer pressure of posting the whiner's name (ok, maybe the subject heading was a bit overboard), but now I'm left to wither on the vine! How terrible that Simon Fox thinks I'm silly!

Oh, so kowtowing to the mob is now bowing to "peer pressure" is it? You'll consider withering on the vine a pleasant interlude if you poke your head in here, it's trampling in the mire you'll get.

I should have taken up Seanachai on his offer of bashing said curmudgeon - Phan, not Fox - here in your oasis of rudiousity and saved myself the bother.
This is not the general forum you know. You can't just wander in here using made up words like "rudiousity" and expect have people falling over themselves complimenting you on your erudition.

But it's all out of my system, except for the Seanachai Challenge part - where's my setup you git????
"Seanachai Challenge" is an internally inconsistent statement or as Mace would say, an oxymoron.