Yes Argie, there is a Peng Challenge!

Oh, I’m back. I still feel the same so it really wasn’t worth going in the first place, not that anyone cares.

Battle reports:

PondScum I’m winning. Just wanted to lie to see what it felt like. I’m not winning, really.

AussieJeff My TD 3 kills, his assorted Pz IVs and armoured cars 1 kill. I should be happy but I’m not.

Noba is trying the same tactic that failed miserably at the start of the game. If it wasn’t for me blasted tank’s effort at mincing around aimlessly behind a building it could well be failing again. Bother.

Boo_Radley – V1 Not much to report. No Julie Andrews songs

Boo_Radley – V2 Not much to report. Lots of Julie Andrews songs. Just a point, Boo needs to be a little quicker with the turns. I hope his Liege is taking note.

Diceman I cannot confirm or deny the quire’s existence. I’m sworn to secrecy… though the babbling incoherence contained in correspondence allegedly received in the paddock involves rather amusing rabbit motifs, general admissions to a vast array of immoral peccadilloes, sordid and quite unnecessary ranting and certain vague allusions as the well-being of a certain Justicar. It’s quite a task to convince the alleged correspondent that the Justicar is a product of his fevered imagination and that he should bow down to me, his Master.

Oh… I have a surprise

Yeknod Mono-drone de Lurk

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Boo_Radley – V2 Not much to report. Lots of Julie Andrews songs. Just a point, Boo needs to be a little quicker with the turns. I hope his Liege is taking note.

What? I mean, WHAT??? You've been on holiday for the last two weeks, ya git, AND you owe me turns. Turns for two (2) separate games!

So no more of your obfusticating! No more of your skittering off to enjoy yourself. No more of this "Ooh, Mummy, Mummy, I don't want scones for tea" kind of attitude. Post your turns now, lad or I'll make a mule of you!

…. Oh the surprise.

Liege, I try me utmost to win yer honour and reputation. I lurk and skulk and generally conduct meself with as much misery, pain and moaning as I can possibly muster. I get blown around the map by me betters, whinge, conduct foolish charges, whinge some more, ignite me own light buildings with zooks, stand underneath artillery barrages AFTER I’ve moved away from them, and then whinge some more. All for you, me Liege, all for you.

So its is with dreadful loathing that I bring yer news of… I can barely say it, success. Liege, I know, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I have a reputation to protect. Is there no justice? Is there no speck of decency here? I point the finger at MrPeng for it is he who has heaped this disgrace upon me. All was well: the ubiquitous light building was ignited by me own zooks, I dutifully shoved as many infantry underneath the artillery barrage, I made a mad and aimless armour dashes across the map presenting his AT assets with juicy flank-shots, I made an unsupported and hopeless infantry rush for a flag, I even self-destruct a TD on the last turn AND, Liege, I personally begged Peng to take a grip and act according to his station, but what do I receive?

A minor allied victory, 59 / 40.

Liege I protest. This is my first victory against a human opponent and, and, and is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE APOLOGY FROM PENG.

[ April 01, 2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Oh, are you two playing?

How nice.

Boo, you will bring me all the cabling which makes up his lymphatic system and you will string it upon my roof like gleeful holiday lighting.

And Hiram, you just beat me in PBEM, which while absurdly unimportant does prove that miracles can happen. Keep that chin up.

In other news:

In the Braveheart with armor category, Pondscum and I have battled to a draw.

Terence has diappeared 2 turns from topplement.

Shandorfffffff is a goon.

And lots of little annoying 4-letter critters like Noba and Leeo and AussieJeff (guess which 4 letters I'm talking about there?) scurry around under the delusion that they can beat me.

As for The Underwear Lizard, did he really say April 20? Land-sakes! I may need someone new to setup a battle between Dalem and I.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

What? I mean, WHAT??? You've been on holiday for the last two weeks, ya git, AND you owe me turns. Turns for two (2) separate games!

So no more of your obfusticating! No more of your skittering off to enjoy yourself. No more of this "Ooh, Mummy, Mummy, I don't want scones for tea" kind of attitude. Post your turns now, lad or I'll make a mule of you!</font>

…. Oh the surprise.

Liege, I try me utmost to win yer honour and reputation. I lurk and skulk and generally conduct meself with as much misery, pain and moaning as I can possibly muster. I get blown around the map by me betters, whinge, conduct foolish charges, whinge some more, ignite me own light buildings with zooks, stand underneath artillery barrages AFTER I’ve moved away from them, and then whinge some more. All for you, me Liege, all for you.

So its is with dreadful loathing that I bring yer news of… I can barely say it, success. Liege, I know, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I have a reputation to protect. Is there no justice? Is there no speck of decency here? I point the finger at MrPeng for it is he who has heaped this disgrace upon me. All was well: the ubiquitous light building was ignited by me own zooks, I dutifully shoved as many infantry underneath the artillery barrage, I made a mad and aimless armour dashes across the map presenting his AT assets with juicy flank-shots, I made an unsupported and hopeless infantry rush for a flag, I even self-destruct a TD on the last turn AND, Liege, I personally begged Peng to take a grip and act according to his station, but what do I receive?

A minor allied victory, 59 / 40.

Liege I protest. This is my first victory against a human opponent and, and, and is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE APOLOGY FROM PENG.

Congratulations Yeknod...you beat Peng! I guess you're Idjit no more.

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

Congratulations Yeknod and Yeknodathon...you beat Peng! I guess you're Idjits no more.

Persephone

Yes, but remember Lady Persephone, the venerable (or should that be vulnerable) Peng was playing both of the erstwhile eejits with the monitor behind his back!

AJ

SOB

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

This Monday truly sucks ass. I received a phone call from my sister with the results from her Spectroscophy. The MRI couldn’t show anything conclusive because the tumor in her head is bleeding profusely. So, she had to get a spectroscophy. The tumor has grown and is quite deep in her brain. Surgery is no longer an option. Her expert doctors say that they will give her radiation followed up with chemotherapy. She isn’t exhibiting any symptoms at the moment, but the findings are so devastating that hope is quickly gone.

I wish this were one of my fake morose posts. I wish…

Hiram, I'm sorry that you and yours keep going through this. My thoughts and hopes are with your sister, you, and your family. Keep us informed as you have time or energy, as we truly wish to know how your sister and yourself are doing. Good luck, and the gods bless you.

Originally posted by that uppity novice Kaniggett PondScum:

BTS please fix the obvious French bias in this game - the final map defies belief!

Oh, that'll be this map, then?

8414782.jpg

With the flag almost overrun with hordes of Volksturmers and the lazy sodding Froggy platoons sitting back having a yawn as befits true Frenchmen? I count 18 of MY units to a paltry 7 of YOURS! You hold 1.5 lousy flags and I hold 2.5 (Oh, and unlike your pretty piccy with your men lolling in luxurious undergrowth, note the barren wasteland horror that MY troops had to languish through!)

Yet you get 58pts to my 27pts? Go figure.

I should have you covered in tar, feathered with thistledown and let loose in DonkeyKong's paddock for a roight good lickin' as penalty fer digitally abusing that fairly constructed QB of mine, but the poor Ass would just take that as a reward for returning late of late.

Harumph,

Indiginantly,

AJ

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

This Monday truly sucks ass. I received a phone call from my sister with the results from her Spectroscophy. The MRI couldn’t show anything conclusive because the tumor in her head is bleeding profusely. So, she had to get a spectroscophy. The tumor has grown and is quite deep in her brain. Surgery is no longer an option. Her expert doctors say that they will give her radiation followed up with chemotherapy. She isn’t exhibiting any symptoms at the moment, but the findings are so devastating that hope is quickly gone.

I wish this were one of my fake morose posts. I wish…

Hiram, I'm sorry that you and yours keep going through this. My thoughts and hopes are with your sister, you, and your family. Keep us informed as you have time or energy, as we truly wish to know how your sister and yourself are doing. Good luck, and the gods bless you.</font>

Originally posted by Croda:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Oh, are you two playing?

How nice.

Boo, you will bring me all the cabling which makes up his lymphatic system and you will string it upon my roof like gleeful holiday lighting.

</font>

Just my point, obviously emotionally challenged, no grasp of reality and... (sigh)... little appreciation for true refinement and genius that cannot be rushed.

Does one gulp champagne? Does one scoff truffles? Does one rush a Julie Andrews song? Of course not, one has to wait and savour the crumbs that MIGHT come from my table.

Oh, I suppose I'll have to throw the baying rabble a morsal or two just to keep 'em quiet.

Sigh. Where do I start with this guy? It's like talking to my cat. I could start by saying that you probably went to school on the little bus, but I doubt that the idiom would translate well. How about saying that I can't imagine you attending a college that didn't have the words "Beauty" or "Clown" preceeding it.

Genius? Refinement? Champaign? Julie Andrews? Ah, Yeknod. Whatever shall I do with you? One or two things come to mind, but they both require power tools. But you, I think, require a more low-tech approach. Perhaps something as simple as some strong clothes line and a sack full of brass doorknobs. I am nothing if not inventive.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

... it does cause me some pain, oh liege of lieges, that you seem to have forgotten that this game was entirely your idea.

I am aware of all, whether I spake it or not.

You'll catch on.

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

Oh, that'll be this map, then?

8414782.jpg

(Oh, and unlike your pretty piccy with your men lolling in luxurious undergrowth, note the barren wasteland horror that MY troops had to languish through!

Indiginantly,

AJ

Whose Mods are you using? That battle looks like it should be taking place at Sidi Barani. Or possibly Moon Base I.

Ah feckin' HATE CM an' tha bubonic pustules tha' rely on tha gamily hacked anti-Scottish-biased A feckin' I tae kill mah heroic pixel armour wi' o'er-modelled stankin' SP feckin' GUNS!!! Unlaiss tha festerin' guns belong tae mae Jimmy, ain whuch case thae die lak a lost calf wi' a broken laig ain a African Safari tae gamily o'er-modelled pox-coated 0.5 inch Machine Guns a' sixty hundraid billion farty bum-bum yards!!!! An' noo bae tellin' mae aboot tha broon stained marsh-mallow tea bagged Sassanach Thomas bleedin' Atkins bastaarrrds wha' die lak span'l poots o'er a candle-lit birrrthdee cake! Nooo, didnae bae tellin' mae aboot thaim BASTAAARRRDS!!! Thae need a bleedin' fifty tae wun noomerical advantaige jus' tae gi' oot o' at wi' bein' wounded an' noo slaughtered lak panicked HAMSTERS ain a Roller Derby!!

"Ah'm tha feckin' AI Ah am! Yoo are *ooked Jimmy, cos Ah'm gwintae selaict bugger all fer ye tae defaind wi', thain kill tha' gorby swallowin' lot o' at afore tha fifth turrrrn!!!"

WHERE'S MAH STANKIN" WEE SPAN'L?????

(An' tha' concludes tha battle oopdate)

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah feckin' HATE CM an' tha bubonic pustules tha' rely on tha gamily hacked anti-Scottish-biased A feckin' I tae kill mah heroic pixel armour wi' o'er-modelled stankin' SP feckin' GUNS!!! Unlaiss tha festerin' guns belong tae mae Jimmy, ain whuch case thae die lak a lost calf wi' a broken laig ain a African Safari tae gamily o'er-modelled pox-coated 0.5 inch Machine Guns a' sixty hundraid billion farty bum-bum yards!!!! An' noo bae tellin' mae aboot tha broon stained marsh-mallow tea bagged Sassanach Thomas bleedin' Atkins bastaarrrds wha' die lak span'l poots o'er a candle-lit birrrthdee cake! Nooo, didnae bae tellin' mae aboot thaim BASTAAARRRDS!!! Thae need a bleedin' fifty tae wun noomerical advantaige jus' tae gi' oot o' at wi' bein' wounded an' noo slaughtered lak panicked HAMSTERS ain a Roller Derby!!

"Ah'm tha feckin' AI Ah am! Yoo are *ooked Jimmy, cos Ah'm gwintae selaict bugger all fer ye tae defaind wi', thain kill tha' gorby swallowin' lot o' at afore tha fifth turrrrn!!!"

WHERE'S MAH STANKIN" WEE SPAN'L?????

(An' tha' concludes tha battle oopdate)

What?

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah feckin' HATE CM an' tha bubonic pustules tha' rely on tha gamily hacked anti-Scottish-biased...

What?</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Ah feckin' HATE CM an' tha bubonic pustules tha' rely on tha gamily hacked anti-Scottish-biased...

What?</font>

I read McWhorter's "The Power of Babel" last week. I was hoping it would give me some insight into OGSF dribbly rantings, but alas, it did not. Interesting enough read, if not exactly what I was looking for.

I miss Iron Chef Sakai. I have no one around to make me feel superior, now that my Squire has ascended into kaniggethood.

I hate Croda and all his Croda-ey parts.

Blade 2 was so so. About what a sequel is these days.

I read McWhorter's "The Power of Babel" last week. I was hoping it would give me some insight into OGSF dribbly rantings, but alas, it did not. Interesting enough read, if not exactly what I was looking for.

Idjit. Try "McAuslan in the Rough", or "The General Danced at Dawn". Given yer sir name, it's no wonder you've no a clue.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah feckin' HATE CM ...blah... (An' tha' concludes tha battle oopdate)

Translation: I played the AI. I lost to the AI. I am a loser, but I will blame the computer generated force selection for my short comings.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

Ah feckin' HATE CM ...blah... (An' tha' concludes tha battle oopdate)

Translation: I played the AI. I lost to the AI. I am a loser, but I will blame the computer generated force selection for my short comings.

Mace</font>

What?

He's describing his battle with me... wherein, had he real troops, he would be winning. Alas, he took the Pommies and is getting his ass kicked (He has even lost one of his Churchills... even though I made the mistake of not purchasing a single antitank weapon)