Yes Argie, there is a Peng Challenge!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by AussieJeff:

I count 18 of MY units to a paltry 7 of YOURS!

And your units were shattered remnants trembling in the woods, while my units were sitting in their foxholes RIGHT ON TOP OF THE FECKIN' FLAG, smoking Gauloises and wondering what all the fuss was about.

You hold 1.5 lousy flags and I hold 2.5
And your 2 flags were <font size=-1>small</font>, while my flag was <font size=+1>big</font>. In this, as in so many things in life, Size Matters.

Hence, I'm French, you lose.

Originally posted by dalem:

O come on - it's fun. I got to be Alice Cooper!

Severely undermodelled again, eh, mon petite liege? Life is not fair that way. Indeed, the one small consolation I take from the threats of the fair Persephone is that Croda will now have no excuse for not knowing whether it is AussieJeff or my good self who just administered the latest kicking.

[Editted for obnoxiousness. Every little bit counts]

[ April 03, 2002, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Oh yeah. You could look at it another way. After consuming the said beer, you then proceed to the trough to add to the total available water supply (indirectly of course - gaagh!) Thus, the more beer drunk, the better off we will all be. Aussies, get cracking!! .hic....
I thought it all went straight out towards Rotto !

Oh oh ! They're talking about desalinisation !

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Oh yeah. You could look at it another way. After consuming the said beer, you then proceed to the trough to add to the total available water supply (indirectly of course - gaagh!) Thus, the more beer drunk, the better off we will all be. Aussies, get cracking!! .hic....

I thought it all went straight out towards Rotto !

Oh oh ! They're talking about desalinisation !

Noba.</font>

OK, here's how things stand:

No-Bait -- after a dozen or so turns I think I hear his armor clanking to and fro in some nearby fields...and maybe some drunk Germans singing "Lilly Marlene", but that could just be the wind.

Yeggnoggathon -- after several months of waiting, i begin to feel the piter patter of his mortar fire on me head.

Monkey-Boy -- a rather nasty turn of events. My panzershreck missed six times in a row and he was able to knock out my armor with one lucky shot. It's now up to my foot sloggers to win the day.

Cross-eyed Jeff -- didn't send me a turn yesterday. He's no doubt cowering under a billibong somewheres.

R_Leete -- also hasn't sent a move in several days. I'm feeling quite shunned.

I guess that's about it. Oh wait...something a certain Wild Dude wanted me to do...where is it..? I had it here in one of my pockets...maybe...oh, right!

http://lindan.panzershark.com/cesspool/007077.html

I believe this is what you were looking for, M'Lud?

Update from the homefront:

The tumor is 3 inches wide and has regrown into the spot where the first tumor was before surgery. Possible actions now include surgery followed up by radioactive wafers that are put into the hole created by the surgery. Also, radiation followed up by chemotherapy is almost mandatory. My sister’s radiologist says that the brain matter around the tumor may be dead because of the radiation treatments already done.

A conversation with jdmorse was quite helpful in dealing with this situation. I can now speak to my sister about this situation without acting tough.

That was just for those who asked for updates. For those who only care about CM…blah blah PBEM.

[ April 03, 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Oh Croda, my Lord. The special toilet paper you asked me to order for you is in. I'm not sure that a case is going to be enough to see you through the rest of the week though.

Is that a cat standing on your shoulder?

I hate cats.

Originally posted by Croda:

Is that a cat standing on your shoulder?

I hate cats.

But My Liege-er suitedness, they've always spoken so highly of you! It could be your cologne, "Eu de Smelt" that makes you so attractive to them. Either that or your mouse-tache.

( I'm really sorry about that mouse-tache line. It just stinks on ice, but I'm in a rush and I've got a ton of stuff to finish before I leave today, so I just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. I'm sorry, let's just get over it and get on with our lives, OK?)

Originally posted by Wildman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

noo bae tellin' mae aboot tha broon stained marsh-mallow tea bagged Sassanach Thomas bleedin' Atkins bastaarrrds wha' die lak span'l poots o'er a candle-lit birrrthdee cake!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

See, I got everything except this part. I was actually, through copious amounts of toil and sweat and screwing my face into all sorts of contortions while my tongue hung limply over my lower lip, able to understand the gist of the diatribe. (I minored in haverin' in college, you see.)

But this...he's either upset that some small dog relieved itself on top of his birthday cake or it's a coded message for help.</font>

__hr_Bog+Roll.jpg?bcLI5.8AsDuhLKDi

Ohmigod, it's 'EveryOaf'. Useless sod must be about as tall as Bauhaus and even more freakish looking.

Still, his open mouthed, wild haired look of wonderment betokens the good heart that many simpletons posssess.

Pity Croda got a hold of him. Corrupt whatever child-like innocense is left, most likely.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ohmigod, it's 'EveryOaf'. Useless sod must be about as tall as Bauhaus and even more freakish looking.

Still, his open mouthed, wild haired look of wonderment betokens the good heart that many simpletons posssess.

Pity Croda got a hold of him. Corrupt whatever child-like innocense is left, most likely.

I don't think of myself as being overly tall, but to a vertically challenged person, say a Gnome perhaps, I might seem larger than life. As Miles Gloriosus said, "Stand back everyone. I take large steps."

And by the way, thank you for your enlightening translation. After reading it, I realized that there went another few minutes of my life that I would never get back.

[ April 03, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

I don't think of myself as being overly tall, but to a vertically challenged person, say a Gnome perhaps, I might seem larger than life. As Miles Gloriosus said, "Stand back everyone. I take large steps."

And by the way, thank you for your enlightening translation. After reading it, I realized that there went another few minutes of my life that I would never get back.

I'm sorry, Boo lad, but anything much over 5'8" or 5'10" is simply a waste of resources that might be more profitably spent supporting caribou, or tree frogs, or some such more highly evolved life-form than yourself.

Not that I don't find you almost sickeningly cuddly looking. I suppose women eat that sort of thing up. (Sit down...hmm, anyone seen Bauhaus lately? Hardly seems worth the effort to police the double entendres anymore).

"Vertically challenged" indeed. I tower over you sir, by the height of my intellect. Which would fill me with great pride, if the same weren't true, in your case, of OGSF's 'wee spaniel'.

"Vertically challenged" indeed. I tower over you sir, by the height of my intellect. .

Every time I read this I get a darn good chuckle out of it. Yes, I imagine that with your prodigious brain you could even help the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion rule Oz.

"Oh I

Could tell you why

The ocean's near the shore."

Not that I don't find you almost sickeningly cuddly looking.

Yeknod, you've been away too long...now Seanachai is hitting on Boo Radley...you've got to claim back your Gnome before it's too late.

Persephone

Would someaussie please fix Mace's email so he can send me a forgin' turn? Silly bastige crept around in his own setup zone for 6 weeks, then when he finals stumbles into making contact, he dipasears.

And by the way, Shandorffff has issue me a topplement. Yes, he beat me like Tom Daschle in a...well, like Tom Daschle anywhere.