Yes Argie, there is a Peng Challenge!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

Seanachai you wouldn't be related to John Howard, would you?

He's not, but I think the pink pig on the shelf might be.

Which does raise a question.

WHY is there a widdle piggy on Seanachoochoo's bookshelf?

Originally posted by Simon Fox:

This is not the general forum you know. You can't just wander in here using made up words like "rudiousity" and expect have people falling over themselves complimenting you on your erudition.

I didn't make it up - Pepperkorn did! But by the same token, you can't wander into threads 3 pages later (as is your MO) once all the serious discussion has ended and then expect people to fall over and worship your level headedness. Coming from a person who apparently is loath to make a stand on anything until he is sure his opinion will be counted among the majority, I guess I don't value your opinion much.

"Seanachai Challenge" is an internally inconsistent statement or as Mace would say, an oxymoron.
So the Peng Challenge Thread is now the sanctuary for the level headed and consistent? I'll be sure and remember that....for the next time I'm actually talking to you and not about you.

Shouldn't you be in the General Forum picking up the slack where your banned countrymen let off?

Damn, I wish I knew that my purpose was to get people falling over themselves to worship my level headness. If only I knew beforehand that I was merely seeking your approval. Still I'm sure I'm basking in it now.

Alternatively, you could just SOD ORF!!

Ooh, ooh, grog fight!

Grab your lawn chairs and beers, gents. First to get a ringside seat. We can make bets on it. Lengthy posts, containing a host of irrelevant facts and stats. Throw your worst boys!

Originally posted by Simone Foxy:

"Seanachai Challenge" is an internally inconsistent statement or as Mace would say, an oxymoron.

Tut, tut!! Now hang on a minute there Simone lassie. I'm not so sure about that part of your hypothesy. I shall stand by Seanachai in this one <SMALL><SMALL>{oops! ... sorry lil' fella - didn't mean to step on your head!}<BIG><BIG>

Personally, I would consider that being Seanachai IS in itself, a most odorous <U>Challenge</U>. Therefore the use of the term oxymoron in light of that fact may be mis-construed as a mis-gnomer.

You may return to your sewing lessons, ta ta...

AJ

Originally posted by Mace:

Seanachai you wouldn't be related to John Howard, would you?

Mace

Ah yes! But which John Howard? The <U>real</U> one who was in Sea Change and The Grass Is Greener, or the <U>fake</U> one who pretends to be our Primed Minister?

Unregretably, I'd have to pick him as a dead ringer for the latter, meself.

AJ

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Ooh, ooh, grog fight!

Grab your lawn chairs and beers, gents. First to get a ringside seat. We can make bets on it. Lengthy posts, containing a host of irrelevant facts and stats. Throw your worst boys!

The last thing I want to do is entertain the people of THIS thread, so I concede. Starting off with
SOD ORF (sic)
was probably an indication of how it would go anyway...

'Night guys. I've stirred enough crap for one day.

Originally posted by Simon Fox:

You don't have to apologise dale.

I expect no more from an ignorant seppo.

I used to feel really bad for the guys I used to work with that were from the UK, then I found out about the whole "Australian" thing, and realized that my sympathies were with the wrong folks.

Originally posted by Persephone:

Well...we survived our trip to <FONT SIZE = -2>1</FONT SIZE = -2>MinneGnoma. These guys are the nicest but strangest bunch of pillocks I've ever met. I'm so tired....zzzzzzzzz.

Gnomeapolis.jpg

Berli, Lars (a.k.a. Gary Shandling), the Justicar, the Ãœbergnome (that really is his own genuine gnome hat), Dalem (his poor dog really has no ears)

<FONT SIZE = -2>1. Originally quoted from Yeknod. (Don't want you to think I'm a plagerizer.)</FONT SIZE = -2

Persephone

Ahem. M'Lady you have obviously given us the "before" piccy and spared us the "after" piccy!! How can I tell? 'Twas easy - they ALL APPEAR SOBER and they are ALL STANDING UP! {I beg you not to tell me this was still the case after a couple of cases........ hehe.}<BIG>

'Tis also a shame that you could not include your very own and undoubtedly-more-photegenic visage within the said frame, to give some balance as it were to the assembled "Black Mass"!

IS there an "afters" piccy to follow, pray tell M'Lady???

AJ

<small>[ April 09, 2002, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by Persephone:

Well...we survived our trip to <FONT SIZE = -2>1</FONT SIZE = -2>MinneGnoma. These guys are the nicest but strangest bunch of pillocks I've ever met. I'm so tired....zzzzzzzzz.

Gnomeapolis.jpg

Berli, Lars (a.k.a. Gary Shandling), the Justicar, the Ãœbergnome (that really is his own genuine gnome hat), Dalem (his poor dog really has no ears)

<FONT SIZE = -2>1. Originally quoted from Yeknod. (Don't want you to think I'm a plagerizer.)</FONT SIZE = -2

Persephone

What we have here is a rather sneaky trip to Westminster, London to queue for the Queen Mum (sombre attire, reverential postures, lack of mirth, deathly gazes, and a tear in Berli's eye). The pub and, therefore, the beer are obviously real.

I do hope that Seany-babe removed the head-dress before making his way past the catafalque. We wouldn’t want to think that he was deliberately trying to upset the Lifeguards during their vigil.

A commotion at such a sensitive time in the vast open spaces of Westminster Hall would be very unseemly and have obvious diplomatic repercussions and our nice Mr Blair is trying extremely hard to be ever so nice in Texas, which I'm sure is a very difficult thing to do being that Texas isn't a good environment for nice things. Bit like Scunthorpe, though Scunthorpe is smaller and Texas is much larger.

Yeknod Mono-drone de Lurk