Interesting Question for the Board: How old are you?

Well, well, all ages and sizes. Treeburst says he is old but not as old as me. That is true. Not many people are. That is both good and bad.

I'll be 65 on January 5th. 65! Think about that for a minute! I can remember when sixty five sounded like the age of Methuselah (actually he was much older - :D ), and now I am knocking on it's door.

I'll be a senior citizen, a gray panther, an old fart! I can't believe it. Everything still works (sometimes :eek: ) so I guess its okay.

But I'm glad I'm still here. Some folks didn't make it. Thankfully I did. I hope for at least a few more good years with this fine group of gamers. Knowing and working with you brings with it the refreshing winds of youth.

You'll see things in the hobby in the future I probably won't and I'm happy for you and sad for me. I'll still enjoy every moment I'm given until the door closes. Happy New Year to all of you. One more under the belt. Hallelujah!

The Aging Wild Bill

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine there are many gaming web sites where the 4 responses on this page to this question have two guys in their 60's, one in his 40's, and one only 15. This game has really brought generations together like nothing else I've ever seen. Oh, I'll personally hit the big 5-0 in October of this year.

Happy New Year to all the people who have become new friends through this board. It's a pleasure to have met all of you.

Dave

Ok Chad,

Hmmm... CHAD .... Hmmm... is there a problem counting votes! You from Florida or something?

You count the number of replies.

You subtract those that didn't actually give their age.

You subtract one entry from those that posted twice.

This gives you the net number of replies.

Then total all the ages posted in the net number of replies (I would question that one that said 9 ).

Divide the age total by the net number of replies and that will give you the mean or average.

Please also find the median and the mode. A standard deviation would be good too.

Statistically yours, and happy about that...Toad

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Ok Chad,

Hmmm... CHAD .... Hmmm... is there a problem counting votes! You from Florida or something?

You count the number of replies.

You subtract those that didn't actually give their age.

You subtract one entry from those that posted twice.

This gives you the net number of replies.

Then total all the ages posted in the net number of replies (I would question that one that said 9 ).

Divide the age total by the net number of replies and that will give you the mean or average.

Please also find the median and the mode. A standard deviation would be good too.

Statistically yours, and happy about that...Toad<hr></blockquote>

Yea yea yea yea smile.gif

i had all the numbers crunched this weekend, but when i went to post it, even more people had posted since i had counted! and they are still coming in.

so heres the deadline to get your age in:

ill calculate this weekend.

and yes ill get the median, and all the good stuff. sorry bout the delay boys, and men! it will be worth your wait. i was surprised by my initial results!

chad stillcrunchingnumbers 'harrison'

I'm 42. Really??!! I'm 42??! When did THAT happen? OOOOOH NOOOOOOO, Mr. Bill, I'm 42!!

AAARGH!! (that comes from an era before the "DOH!" era.)

I'm still not old enough to be married or have kids, unlike a 43 yr. old that posted a little while back.

Oh, well. Many of you are providing me with conclusive evidence that there is life beyond 42. Whew! What a relief!

• 6 months later...

I'am 52 years old or as I like to say just starting to finish up my second tour of 26. The old cannon may not fire as many rounds as before but I have no problems reloading when the action calls for it.

In the words of the famous Austin Powers" if you got an issue get a tissue. : :D