CMBB Demo - official announcement

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keef:

I wonder what the 2 scenarios will be on the demo.

They are:

1. The Second Battle of Naimajärvi, 1944. Finnish Water Ski Cavalry, supported by Bicycle Paratroopers...</font>

Now I wonder - since we're 6 to 10 hours? ahead of the US - is 1 Sept based on GMT or one of your weird US times? :D I would love to start downloading while all the kids in your land are still in dreamland ;)

BTW - does anyone have an idea of the size of this demo... we're still stuck with forked stick modems here in Africa

Originally posted by KEEF888:

:eek: I've got a woody the size of a Buick!!! :D

How are you going to fit behind your computer desk with that? For that matter how are you going to walk over to it?

[ August 24, 2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Splinty ]

Gee, I thought he was talking about an old-fashioned station wagon. You know, the kind with wood paneling on the sides. The kind that surfers used and the Beach Boys sang about.

I wondered what was the big deal about it being as big as a Buick. Station wagons are nearly all big.

Silly me.

Michael

Originally posted by redwolf:

Dammit.

So much for unpack-install-instant-tcpip without any AI training or manual reading.

I guess few people want to leave the demo untouched from 1th sept until TCP comes on 22nd + postal. :(

You're on, Redwolf! No download of demo. We install the full version on the same SUNDAY and do an immediate TCP/IP. I'll be so busy it will be easy for me to hold out.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

You're on, Redwolf! No download of demo. We install the full version on the same SUNDAY and do an immediate TCP/IP. I'll be so busy it will be easy for me to hold out.

You realize that this means a full month delay? The release is Sunday 22, so we likely play on Sunday 29th.

I'm in for it as I'm on vacation on the first anyway and have guests for several weeks in September.

Originally posted by Biltong:

Now I wonder - since we're 6 to 10 hours? ahead of the US - is 1 Sept based on GMT or one of your weird US times? :D I would love to start downloading while all the kids in your land are still in dreamland ;)

Yeah - well we're 16 hours (+/- 2 hrs) ahead of the 'Merkins, so that'd be enough time to get the download done befoer the mad panic starts too........ :D

Redwolf,

Yes, I have a new job that will be keeping me very busy. Add to that the RoW II work (lots coming),and possibly TacOps 4, and I'm booked up. I think we'll be lucky if BOTH of us are in possession of the game by mid-October. There's going to be a processing lag I think.

Treeburst155 out.

[ August 25, 2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

According to www.gamershall.de, about 69 Mbs.

69 Megs. God thats like 7 hours downloading if I get a good connenction :( Just as well I pay the phone bill. Well half anyway ;) </font>