CMBB Demo - official announcement

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'oh!

Ok, my wife's birthday is 31 August. Planning quite a night on the town. I'll be sipping hot coffee, drinking "hair of the dog", rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, generally feeling miserable, but also continually hitting the IE "refresh" button to download the demo that Sunday.

I still remember the day the CMBO demo was released... I feel like an old fogie...

Tom

Originally posted by athkatla:

Well, with only a 56k modem, this is one poor soul won't be getting the demo :(

Im on a dailup 56k, i see this as a good chance to clog up the phone line so the Mother-in-law cant contact us for a day. Every cloud has a silver lining. :D

[edited typo]

[ August 23, 2002, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Pud ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

Someone should start a pool

Peng did.

How much does the demo cost? smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

Someone should start a pool

Peng did. </font>

I remeber the day I downloaded the CMBO beta demo. Ok, no I don't remember the day, but I remeber doing little else than playing the demo that night.

Especially the first time I started it. I remeber just sitting there thinking "No way, it's not possible something can be this cool!". But it was, and it just kept getting better and better.

Moving the view around, zooming in and out, following the men and vehicles around, trace the shells to the moment of killing impact.

I wonder if I'll ever have that feeling because of a computer game again. CM:BB will be better and bigger in many ways, but it's "familiar ground" now. Perhaps Steve et al will once more stun me after the engine re-write. And even if they don't, they'll still be among the brightest stars on my computer-game sky! :D

Originally posted by Cameroon:

This is one poor 56k sod who WILL be getting the demo. Others will just have to learn to live w/o the phone for half a day. I just hope to god the server supports download resumes. If it doesn't, then BTS fix or do somefink ;)

I love my 56k! I will be online all day long waiting for that stupid thing to download. Since its a Sunday, and no work, I will sit in front of my computer screen with popcorn and Star Wars Music watching it download 10mb per hour!

Chad

Originally posted by Pud:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

Well, with only a 56k modem, this is one poor soul won't be getting the demo :(

Im on a dailup 56k, i see this as a good chance to clog up the phone line so the Mother-in-law cant contact us for a day. Every cloud has a silver lining.</font>

Originally posted by Keef:

I wonder what the 2 scenarios will be on the demo.

They are:

1. The Second Battle of Naimajärvi, 1944. Finnish Water Ski Cavalry, supported by Bicycle Paratroopers, fights against American volunteer battalion with M3 Grant's. On turn 15 the allied force is reinforced by Soviet minedogs, trained to make kamikaze attacks on Finnish reindeers. You just won't believe the way the Finnish toothpicks are modelled!

2. Gotterdämmerung, 1945. In Berlin, two Titans clash for the last time. In this hypothetical scenario, the outcome of WW2 in East will be decided by a boxing match between Josif Stalin and Adolf Hitler. Would Ade go as low as to bite Stalin's ear? And does hitting below the belt have any effect on someone with only one ball? These questions, and many more, will be answered in the Gold Demo to Mortal Kombat Mission - From Streetfighting to Boxing Ring! (insert backward R's yourself)