Any of you Californians crossing your fingers for tomorrow like I am?

Regarding BTC using USPS over UPS -- I'm very glad they did.

I have had nothing but trouble with UPS -- they have lost my packages two times (I got them two weeks later), redirected them to the wrong address a couple of other times, and generally been very slow. You can always bet that 9 times out of 10, a UPS package will arrive at the maximum due date, not the minimum.

USPS has always done well for me, and almost always gets me the package within 4-5 business days or less, even with packages from the East Coast (I live on the West Coast). This goes for anything I have ever ordered from BTS/BTC -- I ordered CMBO on a Monday, and got in on a Friday, for example.

It's too bad the USPS gets so much bad press from everyone. Try talking to someone who lives in a third-world country about their mail service, and hear all the horror stories of stuff getting stolen out of their packages, packages never delivered, etc. We get some of the best quality mail service in the world, and it's protected by federal law.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by -E:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

Originally posted by Grisha:

I live in Bellevue to be more specific. Not exactly Seattle, but close enough.

That explains why he's a Commissar. (Commissars and party officials all live in dachas in Redmond, Bellevue, Issaquah and Samammish).

(Gig Harbor/Key Center)</font>

Ah yes, I live in Seattle (Phinney Ridge/Greenwood) as well. I get my mail downtown through my PO Box. I'm going to check it at 2pm. I figure i might have a chance to get it a little earlier cutting out the delivery to the house. I'll let you know if it comes in.. it's going to be today or tomorrow though! 2 years in the waiting. If it doesnt come in I'm going to the Baronoff and kareoke sad songs with the one-armed man till I'm in a drunken stupor.

Originally posted by -E:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

Originally posted by Grisha:

I live in Bellevue to be more specific. Not exactly Seattle, but close enough.

That explains why he's a Commissar. (Commissars and party officials all live in dachas in Redmond, Bellevue, Issaquah and Samammish).

(Gig Harbor/Key Center)</font>

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

Regarding BTC using USPS over UPS -- I'm very glad they did.

I have had nothing but trouble with UPS -- they have lost my packages two times (I got them two weeks later), redirected them to the wrong address a couple of other times, and generally been very slow. You can always bet that 9 times out of 10, a UPS package will arrive at the maximum due date, not the minimum.

I've had bad luck with UPS, too - they've lost a package that was addressed to me, lost a package that I sent to someone else, and tried to deliver to me a package addressed to someone else.

I haven't had any problems with the USPS *and* they deliver on Saturday.

Hmmm USPS fared worst in my case so far UPS has been good to me although their delivery system suck cause if I missed delivery I could not pick it up later in the day unlike Airborne Express.

As for USPS I had shipments arriving faster than it should and some arrives slower. I had a case where I had delivery tracking but still lost the shipment somewhere, it did come 1 month later though and its shipped from the east coast to west coeast :( .

Well, don't get too excited. Appears to be SEVERAL people (me included) running into problems with the Windows version crashing during install. Leaves out some files, and doesn't get around to installing any of the scenarios.

For more info go to the Tech Support forum.

Oh man, I can't wait to get home. It better be there. If it's in SF, it HAS to be there.

Hey A1, leakyD and Sabre,

We should get together and play sometime. At least were in the same area. We could even do a hotseat game. (Never did have a chance to do that yet.)

:D

[ September 23, 2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Capt. Ayers ]

Far Out! It was delievered to my work address today (Sacramento, CA) but my secretary sat on it (mentally) until I pilfered her outbox 10 minutes ago.

Ah, the advantages of living in the 5th largest economy in the world!! (but shrinking and soon to be overtaken by the French, of all people).

So, BTS met my wildest expectations as far as delivery times.