Dose CMAK suk as bad as the players say?

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I said PLAYER scores not reviewers scores, look down in the bottom right of the page, the players vote on the game, the top of the page score is reserved for professional reviews if you can call it that. Players have voted the game avg at 5.5 as of my last peek.

I still don't see any reviews, just some meaningless 10 point scale votes. 10 point scales are meaningless, check out the thread in the Scenario forum about fixing the scenario depot.

FWIW, most of the votes for CMAK on that meaningless poll are either 10s or 6s. Either way, it is still above average.

10 - x6

9 - x0

8 - x1

7-x3

6 -x10

5 -x5

4 -x1

3 -x1

2 -x3

1 -x4

So 20 votes of 6 or above, and 17 votes for 5 or below.

And not a single comment on how these numbers were achieved. Oh my.

smileys02.GIF

Why not post in their forum rather than to this obviously biased site? tongue.gif

LOL because nobody ever posts in THEIR forums. ;)

I have CMBO and CMBB and like both, I just wanted to hear from the main site that mainly the game isn't buggy or something horrible is wrong with the game before I go buy it. ;)

Usually Combat Mission games get pretty good player scores on Gamerankings, so I was a little surprised when I saw a 5.5 avg. Thas all. ;)

Could be because the average gamer seems to expect knock-your-sox-off innovation every time a new game comes out, and BFC was quite candid that that wasn't going to happen with CMAK. It was simply extending an existing game system to a new theater with some new equipment. Something a bunch of players had been asking for, BTW. So don't be surprised if that kind of player is less than awe-struck.

Michael

And it's based on 33 votes? Hardly a scientific poll or a significant number of votes for the units sold.

Just for fun (from my QC experience)- did you know that out of a hundred people who have a good experience only 7 people tell someone? 24 out of hundred having a bad experience will tell someone... the rest say nothing. smile.gif I bet if we pointed that link out to the what, 13,000 forum menbers here the score would go way up. And be severely skewed. :D

This third edition of the Combat Mission series is an awesome wargame! In fact, each game (CM, CMBB, & CMAK) has been a major step in wargaming. If you have gripes then you try the classical way of wargaming i.e. Advanced Squad Leader. It took about four hours do figure out one turn (about 1000 pts CM)in the old fashion way with hexagons. Battlefront.com has designed an excellant gaming experience. Enjoy it and spread the word!

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I just checked out Gamerankings.com

Does the game suk as bad as the player review scores show?

No it does not Suk. It is very good IMO.

In answer to your other question go look at the other threads here which discuss those details in far greater depth.

Yawn....

H

IMHO its a far better game than BB.

Dont know why exactly, maybe its the theatre, maybe the aussie sound files. Probably the lack of mud and the large numbers of palm trees.

Incidently anyone noticed that if you choose all theatres for a quick battle map you sometimes get tall pines growing in the desert?

Kellysheroes,

if you like CMBO and CMBB even more, then you'll definately like CMAK the same.

1. higher terrain elevations

2. panicking units (in foxholes) act way better (don't underestimate not very spectacular sounding tweaks; remember the CMBB MG-efficiency)

3. dust

4. excellent supplement to the fierce and brutal Ostfront-fighting in CMBB (different atmosphere)

Although i'm personally much more interested in the Ostfront, i can only highly recommend you to buy CMAK, too. And that says a lot, methinks.

Buggy? Not buggy at all. no crashes, no meltdowns. The most egregious 'bug' that I've read off the board so far is Bazookas can fire from inside buildings without killing the firer! Not exactly a game-stopper.

How well the game gets rated all depends on who's doing the rating. Sure someone may hate CMAK, but he probably loves those blood-sport games where you can drive your car over bikini-clad women! We're supposed to trust HIS judgement? ;)

This is an oustanding war game! Much better than CMBO (for those of us who like the western allies)and extremely interesting terrain types to maneuver on. The historical accuracy is oustanding and the game play is heads and shoulders above ANYTHING out there. No, Virginia, this game doesn't suck....