**** ROW V (Part 3) ****

Nooooooo!!!!

I initially thought they were due on with the results aswell. But with my cat being seriously ill and then dying I never got round to finishing them all. Hearing this morning they were due yesterday I finally deleted them.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Ohwell, I was never finals material anyway and I have already seen waaay better AARs so it doesn't matter too much. I already gave mini-AARs with the results which Kingfish kindly sent on to the designers when relevant. I'm afraid that'll have to do.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

I was never finals material anyway and I have already seen waaay better AARs so it doesn't matter too much.

Perhaps this is why AAR's should be due when results are due. Otherwise player's who score exceptionally low (or high) enough to feel that the 4% AAR bonus will have no effect will have little or no incentive (other than a code of honor) to produce an AAR.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Nooooooo!!!!

I initially thought they were due on with the results aswell. But with my cat being seriously ill and then dying I never got round to finishing them all. Hearing this morning they were due yesterday I finally deleted them.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Ohwell, I was never finals material anyway and I have already seen waaay better AARs so it doesn't matter too much. I already gave mini-AARs with the results which Kingfish kindly sent on to the designers when relevant. I'm afraid that'll have to do.

Elmar, you monkey! I was dying to read your St. Eduoards AAR. That was one helluva fight, my friend. Sorry to hear about your cat, by the way.

Originally posted by Flenser:

[Elmar, you monkey! I was dying to read your St. Eduoards AAR. That was one helluva fight, my friend. Sorry to hear about your cat, by the way.

I'll see if I can persuade myself to make one just for ****s and giggles. Now that I've seen that I'm a reasonably competitive player (yeah I know, surprised the heck out of me) I'm starting to feel that an AAR of mine might actually not be that bad either. Before I was always too embarrased to do one proper.

But it may take me a while, still not in the cheeriest of moods, even after a week.

Originally posted by simovitch:

Perhaps this is why AAR's should be due when results are due. Otherwise player's who score exceptionally low (or high) enough to feel that the 4% AAR bonus will have no effect will have little or no incentive (other than a code of honor) to produce an AAR. [/QB]

well how exacttly will a 4% increase of everyones scores actully help?

The outcome would remain the same but just 4% higher :confused:

someone care to explain?

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sleekit:

Something REALLY odd has happenend to my NABLA score. It was 0.04 it now reads 5.5511151231258E-17

Any clue??

It would seem your total score should be 0.00 but something has gone haywire. I will look into it.

R </font>

Originally posted by the_enigma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by simovitch:

Perhaps this is why AAR's should be due when results are due. Otherwise player's who score exceptionally low (or high) enough to feel that the 4% AAR bonus will have no effect will have little or no incentive (other than a code of honor) to produce an AAR.

well how exacttly will a 4% increase of everyones scores actully help?

The outcome would remain the same but just 4% higher :confused:

someone care to explain? [/QB]</font>

If it's really true that the AAR score bonus is a percentage thing, then there are two interesting observations:

1) People with a Nabla score close to, equal to, or less than zero are really not going to benefit at all scorewise

2) People with that kind of Nabla score weren't going to be affect in any case by the AAR bonus, except in their pride (for example my muddy thinking was that the AAR bonus might make my score positive instead of negative, but a % change won't do that!)

GaJ

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

If it's really true that the AAR score bonus is a percentage thing, then there are two interesting observations:

1) People with a Nabla score close to, equal to, or less than zero are really not going to benefit at all scorewise

2) People with that kind of Nabla score weren't going to be affect in any case by the AAR bonus, except in their pride (for example my muddy thinking was that the AAR bonus might make my score positive instead of negative, but a % change won't do that!)

GaJ

It's a percentage of the highest player's tourney score, in this case WN. So everyone that turns in 5 good AARs gets the same number of bonus points regardless of their score.

So, keep your chin up. You may still pull out a positive score!

Edited to add: I just checked your score. Disregard my last. tongue.gif

[ June 17, 2005, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Ace Pilot ]

The reason I didn't write an AAR is, besides being lazy, I got my butt whip three out of five scenarios, won one scenario, and should of won one scenario if I had just one more turn :D

But seeing my score and figured hell, its not going to help me in any way. I know Kingfish is going to yell at me (ducking from the flying fish thrown at me).

If I had won those scenarios I would of most definitely have writen those AARs.

John

The prize. We haven’t been very clear on what the prize for best AAR will be because we weren’t sure ourselves until recently. So I’m happy to announce that thanks to the kindness of Richard Rogers, there will be a prize awarded to the best AAR in the first round, and one awarded to the best AAR in the finals round. In each case, the winner will be allowed to choose a 1/35 model tank or 1/16th model infantryman that Richard will build, paint and then ship to the lucky winners.

Thanks, Richard!

Here it is - the final official listing of AARs submitted. A summary of the nubmer of AARs each player submitted follows.

Action at Wet Triangle

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Bigduke6

Cuzn_JG14

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Flenser

Frenchy

GreenAsJade