**** ROW V (Part 3) ****

Originally posted by WineCape:

Cpl Carrot apparently does not drink :eek:

Not entirely true. If you wish to send something I will happly accept it. Just make sure it can be stored for a while ;) . My main reason for not drinking is that I am just not in a financial position to spend money on alcohol when it could be used on other things like food.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WineCape:

My main reason for not drinking is that I am just not in a financial position to spend money on alcohol when it could be used on other things like food. </font>

Originally posted by Dawg Bonz:

Apologies accepted Jon. I sent you a separate email detailing the issues that concerned me. You answered more clearly what it was you were trying to say. Thank you. I have only respect for you and all members of Group 7. Thanks for the fun PBEM games.

Originally posted by Dawg Bonz:

JonS: A fine sportsman and talented tactician.

Sivodsi: 12th in top scores overall as a rookie tournament player! No greenhorn by your name.

Kingfish: I don’t envy your workload but I admire your patience and what you accomplish.

Ace: Thanks for you guidance and I will get all AARs to you over time.

WineCape: Thanks Charl, Your generosity supports healthy challenge and growth.

Malakovski: You forgot more maths than I ever knew.

Melnibone: You did see Vombatus ursinus Lasiorhinus latifrons in Evil too didn’t you?

Dieseltaylor: You know more maths than I can forget.

Stikkypixie: Wine? What makes you think I drink?

GreenAsJade: the maths and rationales involved are complicated especially for a Dawg.

Kanonier Reichmann: A nutter? I think there is medication for that?

Nidan1: Good eye as the JOY and excitement was and is genuine.

(FGM) Panzertwat: Sorry I missed you score of 1.86 in G10. Congratulations and good luck.

Jbertles: your posts torment the English language… I got a D in French you know.

BigMik1: We will need to discuss this wine thing over seafood and drinks.

I am sure I missed others but your collective comments and actions are uplifting and very much appreciated especially after this morning. The scoring misunderstanding has been cleared up. You guys get in there a have fun. I hope to check in as I can to read what kind of mischief Kingfish has in store for you. I will listen for those screams a/k/a FOW game banter.

Enjoy the ROW V Finals.

Dawg … to Sleep…

I have never seen such a degrading performance of 'good sportsmanship'. The bonhomie and courteousness of this series of posts made my freaking blood run cold.

Despite such constant displays of maturity, things like 'Rumbles of War' continue to occur.

Gentlemen, this is not how things should be done. It debases everything worth believing in.

As an example, I will address my remarks only to those who I know through this board, or personally:

Winecape: You big big South African frog lunatic! Send me more wine, or I will come to your home country and force you to explain to customs how it is that you know me when I'm arrested at the airport with your name queued up in my PDA with the note: 'Contact? Small bills, hard currency only. Opaque bottles? Good front for our activities...'

Malakovski: Oh, so this is where you've been hanging out rather than finishing the endless stream of rigged games you began against me?! The worst thing I can say about you is: You're my bloody former Squire! Also, I'm almost certain that you have never, ever, read a philosophy text that you actually understood. Spengler? Where'd you get that from, a google search?!

Stikkypixie: You bleating, Belgian living, stoat fondling product of failed immigration laws! Oh, and Happy Birthday, again, in case you missed it on the Thread...

Dieseltaylor: You manipulative, deal-brokering refugee from a bad Fiefdom session! Your posts are like an icepick driven into the suppurating sore of the Forum!

Kanonier Reichmann: AUSSIE! AUSSIE! MARSUPIAL SCUM!

Nidan1: Nidan? I mean, Nidan?! I know Nidan! He's an arty dumping, 'visibility limited to 20 meters' puddle of poodle vomit! I've had pets put to sleep that contributed more to the human experience than freaking Nidan!

GreenAsJade: Okay, well I don't actually know him, except to say: If I was as thoughtful and helpful as you, I'd cut me own foot off, and feed it to a llama! Then I'd shave the llama bare and use the hair to make a rope to hang everyone else mentioned above from Grog Dorosh!

And as for anyone else mentioned in this sad, sorry, disturbing...what? Now?

Apparently it's either time for for me to take everyone else's medication, or we've just received videos of the Cheery Waffle crowd having a campfire sing-a-long and smore party.

In any case, I have to go.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Malakovski: Oh, so this is where you've been hanging out rather than finishing the endless stream of rigged games you began against me?! The worst thing I can say about you is: You're my bloody former Squire! Also, I'm almost certain that you have never, ever, read a philosophy text that you actually understood. Spengler? Where'd you get that from, a google search?!

Former? Former? You think you can get rid of a squire? You think just because I wander off from the MBT for a while, I turn in my library card, get a new license plate, stop being your squire?

It's not as easy as that, blithering Bard. A squire is like birth defect, a vestigial twin, a sixth toe. Sure, it's ugly, and causes young women to run screaming from you, but it becomes a part of you. You can turn away, you can pretend it's not there, but every time you look down, there's that sixth toe staring back at you.

Because it has eyes.

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Former? Former? You think you can get rid of a squire? You think just because I wander off from the MBT for a while, I turn in my library card, get a new license plate, stop being your squire?

You're a Knight now, you contemptible pool of ferret urine. Of course you're a 'former squire'. Dear God, is this what 'philosophy' is coming to? In my day, we understood the simple semantical conventions of conversation, and, despite the incredible chemical load, managed to hold up our end.

If it helps you, take off your shoes and socks and see if you can work out the 'logic path' on the fungus riddled 'toe tree'...

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Sure, it's ugly, and causes young women to run screaming from you, but it becomes a part of you.

I wouldn't know. Young woman stare at me, mesmerized, like a mouse viewing a cobra.

Some of them may be trying to scream in horror, but their best shot sounds like a freaking Carly Simon song.

I have that sort of effect on women.

I'm sure everyone will be greatly disappointed that I have to interrupt our own little bard, but I promise to be every bit as entertaining. tongue.gif

Here is the current AAR status. I expect it will change as submissions come in under the wire. Also, let me know if you are/are not on this list and should not/should be. I hope it won't take more than a couple of days to iron out any glitches/inaccuracies.

Action at Wet Triangle

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Bigduke6

Cuzn_JG14

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Flenser

Frenchy

GreenAsJade

GreenHornet

Gtimthane

jbertles

JonS

kenfedoroff

Larry Thorne

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick_Oz

Nefarious

Platehead

Renaud

sandy

Sgian Dubh/Red Robin

simovitch

Sivodsi

Sleekit

SteveS

stikkypixie

Ted

Vadr

yacinator

Push to Maleme

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Bigduke6

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Frenchy

GreenAsJade

GreenHornet

Gtimthane

jbertles

JonS

kenfedoroff

Larry Thorne

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick_Oz

Platehead

sandy

simovitch

Sivodsi

Sleekit

SteveS

stikkypixie

Ted

The_Enigma

Vadr

St. Edouards Sanitorium

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Cuzn_JG14

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Frenchy

GreenAsJade

GreenHornet

Gtimthane

jbertles

JonS

kenfedoroff

Larry Thorne

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick_Oz

Nefarious

Platehead

Renaud

sandy

simovitch

Sivodsi

Sleekit

SteveS

stikkypixie

Ted

The_Enigma

Vadr

Highlanders in Hell

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Bigduke6

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Flenser

Frenchy

GreenAsJade

GreenHornet

Gtimthane

jbertles

JonS

kenfedoroff

Larry Thorne

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick_Oz

sandy

Sgian Dubh/Red Robin

simovitch

Sivodsi

Sleekit

SteveS

stikkypixie

Ted

The_Enigma

Vadr

Moltke’s Bridge

(FGM) Panzertwat

Andrew Kulin

Artavash

BigDog944

Bigduke6

Cuzn_JG14

dangerousdave

dieseltaylor

Flenser

Frenchy

GreenAsJade

GreenHornet

Gtimthane

jbertles

JonS

kenfedoroff

Larry Thorne

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick_Oz

Nefarious

sandy

Sgian Dubh/Red Robin

simovitch

Sivodsi

Sleekit

SteveS

stikkypixie

Ted

The_Enigma

Vadr

yacinator

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

I'm sure everyone will be greatly disappointed that I have to interrupt our own little bard, but I promise to be every bit as entertaining. tongue.gif

Bugger. You lot might want to avert your eyes. I think we're about to be treated to a round of 'Genitalia Puppet Show Theater'...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Bugger. You lot might want to avert your eyes. I think we're about to be treated to a round of 'Genitalia Puppet Show Theater'... </font>

You're a Knight now, you contemptible pool of ferret urine. Of course you're a 'former squire'.

What's this? Isn't it customary to tell said squire about the kaniggithood or somefink? Or do you just do it in their sleep and all have a laugh until he figures out why he's been kicked out of the stables?

I thought that vision of you dancing around in a tutu and whacking me on the shoulders with a sword was just a bad dream...

Originally posted by WineCape:

Not entirely true. If you wish to send something I will happly accept it. Just make sure it can be stored for a while ;)

My main reason for not drinking is that I am just not in a financial position to spend money on alcohol when it could be used on other things like food.

Got that. Just checking if you're alive smile.gif

Announcement - RoW Final winners

The winner will have a choice: 12 bottles of fine SA wine or 1 bottle Single or blended Malt Whisk(e)y.

Please scroll to page 10 to see those Malts that I have @ the moment. I will have more Malts to choose from, put those are just a starting list. Obviously the wine list is/will be more extensive. 114 Wineries to be exact. Recommendations I'll do for those that seems befuddled.

Please not, especially as to regard to some USA states. You might live in a dry state/county. I'm prepared to courier the wines to a friend/relative that lives in a non-dry area. Some "friends/relatives" might not be a real friend when it comes to drinks - be warned.

If you do not have a relative/friend in an USA dry area to send the wine/whiskey to, then my friend, I'll be your "friend." I'll toast you with your bootleg goodies.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following CM tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to CM:

</font>

[ June 15, 2005, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

It is alright to send the AAR's to Cpl. Carrot as an alternate isn't it? Did I stuff up and not realise that they all had to be sent to Ace Pilot instead?

Regards

Jim R.

Jim,

I got an AAR from you, but needed some quick changes made to it. I tried emailing you but got an automated response saying my email was blocked.

Bottom line - please adhere to the format guidelines for AARs found here (especially #3).

Maybe a stupid question, but when is the due date for AAR's? I thought it was the same as the date that results were due? I searched and found nothing regarding this.

I ask only because i'm in second place behind "stoneage" in group 6, and he apparently hasn't submitted any AAR's. This may push me to the 1st place slot no?

And how do the administrators know if the AAR's have been posted to a web site?

The deadline for AARs was one week past the tourney deadline, which in reality was yesterday. Ace is giving everyone a bit more time to get in as many as possible, so check with him to see how much time is left.

If Stoneage does not submit all 5 AARs he will not advance to the finals. This applys to everyone.

As for posting an AAR to a website, that is permissible as long as Ace is made aware of its location and can access it.

Originally posted by simovitch:

Maybe a stupid question, but when is the due date for AAR's? I thought it was the same as the date that results were due? I searched and found nothing regarding this.

I ask only because i'm in second place behind "stoneage" in group 6, and he apparently hasn't submitted any AAR's. This may push me to the 1st place slot no?

And how do the administrators know if the AAR's have been posted to a web site?

The due date on AARs was 14 June. I posted a list of all the AARs that I had received just prior to the deadline and wanted to give everyone a day or two to point out any mistakes. Plus I still need to clear out my inbox of AAR submissions that have since arrived.

In the interest of getting the designers the maximum feedback, I won't look too closely at the time stamp of any AAR emails that I get in the next day or two. I expect that I will be able to post the official final list of AARs received by Friday.

GaJ - As for hosting the AARs on a website, I'm in the process of confirming that I have a host lined up. If it doesn't work out, I'll be contacting you, GaJ - thanks for your offer to help. smile.gif