Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Joe,

Am I to assume from your last comment that I spelled loquaciousness correctly? Is so.....COOL!!

Love,

Elvis

I was certainly surprised.

Joe

p.s. I assume from your last comment that you are now in "Boris and Natasha" mode? Or has that feature of American culture appeared on Australian TV yet?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

"Ryan" is a "B" and a "t" short of being a complete name.

... for a complete ass ... no offense intended Yeknodathon.

Turns are OUT! I am WINNING gloriously against Jim Boggs ... I am WINNING less gloriously against Boo Radley ... I am ... PLAYING against Papa Khann and Lars and I am SLEEPING through a mind numbingly boring fight with Mace ... but that's only right since Mace himself is mind numbingly boring.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As my Junior Justicar Pro Tempore De Jure so ably pointed out (and what a shock THAT was ... that he could do ANYTHING ably that is) your thread title was practially an insult to the CessPool.

It seems, Joe , that the Junior Justicar De Jour has gone Ala Carte , so to speak.

Have you seen that illiterate swine? I was handily thrashing him in the latest rune nightmare, when he just dropped off the menu, as we say.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

As my Junior Justicar Pro Tempore De Jure so ably pointed out (and what a shock THAT was ... that he could do ANYTHING ably that is) your thread title was practially an insult to the CessPool.

It seems, Joe , that the Junior Justicar De Jour has gone Ala Carte , so to speak.

Have you seen that illiterate swine? I was handily thrashing him in the latest rune nightmare, when he just dropped off the menu, as we say. </font>

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

One Stuart, Tiger I, and a JagdPanther are now almost finished. In the middle of an M3 Lee. Anyone work on 1/72 scale with armor?

I just recently finished my first 1/72 armor model - an M2A2 Bradley. Revell. Nice kit. Which manufacturer are you using for yuor WWII armor?

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

One Stuart, Tiger I, and a JagdPanther are now almost finished. In the middle of an M3 Lee. Anyone work on 1/72 scale with armor?

I just recently finished my first 1/72 armor model - an M2A2 Bradley. Revell. Nice kit. Which manufacturer are you using for yuor WWII armor? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

I just recently finished my first 1/72 armor model - an M2A2 Bradley. Revell. Nice kit. Which manufacturer are you using for yuor WWII armor? </font>

[serious]It has been brought to my attention that the comment I made on the previous page was a bit "over the top" concerning one of our newer members. It was never my intention to post anything that may be construed as being mean-spirited. I do hearby retract the statement, and apologize for any harm.[/serious]

That said, Sturmy, you'll get a game when I finish the last one with Boo. Ask him when he thinks that's gonna happen! The phrase "hell freezes over" comes to mind.

Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

So, in the words of Alexander Haig, "I'm in control."

D)In that case, I've got the biggest pair around. Wanna see? Your mother liked them, I assure you.</font>

Boo, anything MSN does on your behalf will likely be ineffectual, as usual. Rather than spend your time wrestling with the monkeys they've put in charge of your account, why not just hang up on them (trust me, Boggs is probably used to it by now) and make a proper offering to the internet deities?

Tell me, have you considered burning rleete at the stake?

Papa

Originally posted by rleete:

[serious]It has been brought to my attention that the comment I made on the previous page was a bit "over the top" concerning one of our newer members. It was never my intention to post anything that may be construed as being mean-spirited. I do hearby retract the statement, and apologize for any harm.[/serious]

That said, Sturmy, you'll get a game when I finish the last one with Boo. Ask him when he thinks that's gonna happen! The phrase "hell freezes over" comes to mind.

What now? But NO ! It was al said in good fun and in accordance to the twisted rools of the pool :D Man , i'd be one sad and troubeled figure if i took offence to what you've said!

It's not 'cause i'm a fag, that i'm a sissy as well :D

NO HARM done, what so ever, and i eagerly await your turn!

Sturmy

Anyone work on 1/72 scale with armor?

pfffft....toy scale. Only the criminaly insane like yourselves would model in that scale.

1/48, 1/35 or 1/16 is the way to go.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

pfffft....toy scale. Only the criminaly insane like yourselves would model in that scale.

Mace </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

Mace </font>

1/72 scale is nice for planes, but sucks for armor. Face it, tanks are ugly. Their intrinsic interest is in the mechanical details, all of which disappear at 1/72. Planes look nice whatever size they are because they have nice curves. Of course if you want to actually play with the tanks (using rubber bands as AP rounds and making vroom noises) the 1/72 is advisable.
What the guy at the hobby store said.

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Boo, anything MSN does on your behalf will likely be ineffectual, as usual. Rather than spend your time wrestling with the monkeys they've put in charge of your account, why not just hang up on them (trust me, Boggs is probably used to it by now) and make a proper offering to the internet deities?

Tell me, have you considered burning rleete at the stake?

Papa

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines. TOO LONG HAVE I BEEN HELD IN THRALL BY THE WICKED, NASTY, WICKED GATES EMPIRE! SOON, I SHALL BREAK THE SHACKLES WHICH BIND ME TO THE ROCK OF THEIR CONGLOMERATE, LIKE THAT GREEK GUY WHO BROUGHT FIRE TO EARTH...or somefink.

Anybody know anything about Earthlink? They any good? or about some company called ISP.com?

Boo,

[/serious on] Try looking at www.dslreports.com to get ratings of ISPs in your area. [/serious off]

Now that Joebob is back, are you being the faithful sidekick? Are you the Pancho to his Cisco Kid? I haven't seen Joebob this excited over having a sidekick since they added more cotton to his Depends.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Boo,

[/serious on] Try looking at www.dslreports.com to get ratings of ISPs in your area. [/serious off]

Now that Joebob is back, are you being the faithful sidekick? Are you the Pancho to his Cisco Kid? I haven't seen Joebob this excited over having a sidekick since they added more cotton to his Depends.

Rune

Shut up rune ... my, but that was nice, like the first cigarette of the day, that first sip of really good scotch ... you know lads, it's the simple things in life isn't it ... much like rune himself.

Joe

Originally posted by rune:

Boo,

Rune

Thanks, Rune (Words I never thought I'd have to utter.)

I'm not sure if we'll go with a cable or for the time being stick with our dial up modem. But I've really had it with MSN.

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Once you go cable, you'll never go back.

That is, if you can get them to hook up high speed cable access to your slot at the trailer park.

Papa

Just as a point of reference, how difficult was it getting cable up to that Ozark shack of yours?