Peng Challenge Thread

@dalem : *sigh*...I did read the rules. Sooo...

Where do I brag ? Was it the part about me flexing my muscles and boldly suggesting I lose all the time ?

Also, like I said, while I've read this forum silently for some time, I haven't identified most of you, so what was I to do ? Challenge anybody, hoping to find the kind of player that will help me progress on a trial-and-error basis ? Seemed more sensible to just introduce myself and let a kind old grog answer me. Seems kindness is not at the ordre du jour.

As for the bitches part, it was of course irony, *and* a quote from the series "Black Books", from an episode I find most amusing. Long story short, Bernard Black desperately wants his arms and/or legs broken for some reason, but can't find the courage to do it himself, so he goes up to a group of skinheads and utter/mumbles theses words to them.

Not that I consider any of you as skinheads, it's just the "stirring up a fight against people that *will* kill you, because you want to be killed" part I found to be opportunate, hence the quote.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kobal2:

@dalem : *sigh*...I did read the rules. Sooo...

Where do I brag ? Was it the part about me flexing my muscles and boldly suggesting I lose all the time ?

Also, like I said, while I've read this forum silently for some time, I haven't identified most of you, so what was I to do ? Challenge anybody, hoping to find the kind of player that will help me progress on a trial-and-error basis ? Seemed more sensible to just introduce myself and let a kind old grog answer me. Seems kindness is not at the ordre du jour.

As for the bitches part, it was of course irony, *and* a quote from the series "Black Books", from an episode I find most amusing. Long story short, Bernard Black desperately wants his arms and/or legs broken for some reason, but can't find the courage to do it himself, so he goes up to a group of skinheads and utter/mumbles theses words to them.

Not that I consider any of you as skinheads, it's just the "stirring up a fight against people that *will* kill you, because you want to be killed" part I found to be opportunate, hence the quote.

Before the recalcitrant penguins swoop in I'd suggest going to the new Peng thread here. Another tip is to never apologize and never explain yourself to this lot. Tell them to sod off. They seem to like that. I just hope this gets to you before Cicadanachai or another of these fruit loops show up.

....and use lots of instant graemlins :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (just kidding)

I wouldn't want to flood the forum, having already posted twice - and believe it or not, I was hesitant to copy/paste it once already, as I hate doing that, but was, well yes, gullible enough to believe the jokers who told me I'd have a better chance by duplicating my post here - seemed odd but hey, when in Rome...

Besides, I believe that between my own thread and this one, everyone must have read my prose by now...

Oh, and I didn't apologize, and won't, as I feel my post, while a bit on the heavy and wordy side, is polite and justified - although that Black Books reference was obscure to say the least, and probably aggressive/insulting if you don't get it, I'll admit that.

That, and I'd never apologize to someone who confuses "we" with "I".