Peng Challenge Thread

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Talk about from bad to worse! Come to find out that in a moment of drug-induced stupor I apparently invited Lars and his GF to visit my humble home tomorrow afternoon.

They will be here around noon, and according to Lars I offered to buy their lunch and provide beer and other refreshments for their visit.

Hey, you Minnesota Miscreants, does Lars eat or drink more? I'm thinking that I'll pay for the food and let Lars pay for the drinks.

I hope you live in a dry county.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't stand for being ignored this way...now cut it out before I say something scathing and you have to explain the wound at work tomorrow. (Sorry, Seanachai. I forgot about the whole Seanachai-doggy-dog needs a jobby-job thing.)

Originally posted by Croda:

I won't stand for being ignored this way...now cut it out before I say something scathing and you have to explain the wound at work tomorrow. (Sorry, Seanachai. I forgot about the whole Seanachai-doggy-dog needs a jobby-job thing.)

Croda...Croda...that name seems to ring a bell...

Would you happen to be the same Croda who was playing a game with me a year or so ago and then after a half dozen moves, just dropped off the face of the earth?

Are you the same Croda who took me to squire, taught me nothing at all about the rules, codes and general idiocy of the Pool and then ran off because your wife decided to have twins?

The same Croda who made me a Kanigget in an offhand gesture because you were tired and cranky?

Is it you, MiLud?

'Tis I, Boo Radley, your latchkey squire, YOU BASTARRRRD!

<small>(Sorry about that, I just needed some closure.)</small>

Oh yeah;

Croda, you putrescent pile of parental droppings; I dislike you. Some would say I hate you. However, I like to think of you as the "Knight I Kicked Repeatedly around the 'Pool." It may not be entirely correct, but I still like to think that way. As if you've been around enough lately to prove me otherwise, you Lap-lander with silk stockings.

Did you know that Vodka makes the world go around? (C'mon, ev'rybody: "make ze vorld go around, ze vorld go around").

You originally ran from the pool in fear of me. HA I say! I'd like you to prove otherwise, you contributor to the flesh-debt of the planet, you!

Originally posted by Croda:

Well some of us are new here and are having some trouble with your name. Is it pronounced:

Crow-Duh?

That would be my guess. Especially if you are responsible for Radley.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

Well some of us are new here and are having some trouble with your name. Is it pronounced:

Crow-Duh?

That would be my guess. Especially if you are responsible for Radley. </font>

Crow-Duh?

That would be my guess. Especially if you are responsible for Radley.

I tend to pronounce it "Fewmet-Brained Onan-Monkey", but you keep doing it your way, sparkles.

Oh yeah - just saw the movie Troy. Maybe worth a matinee. Or a manatee. Maybe. Or a rental.

Originally posted by Leeo:

dalem, you girly ninny;

I bet you've never seen Aldo Nova in concert; especially as an opener for B.O.C.. Did I mention it was festival seating? The whole experience felt particularly Who-ish.

Damn. You've like, totally out-80s-ed me.

I saw Kansas in concert once. .38 Special opened.

New Haven Colliseum.

-dale

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

shut up

Go sniff a bicycle seat, you giggling girly-man.

And send me a move or are you a-scared of me? </font>

Aldo Nova did have a mediocre laser show to accompany "Fantasty."

Oh, and it was about 1980, Lane County Fairgrounds. One of my 'acquaintances' picked a drunken fight with a bunch of women. Many burly men came to their aid. I tried to restrain the 'acquaintance' and protect him (giving the brief benefit of the doubt before I knew all the facts). He'd been imbibing, and somehow thought stomping on my toes was a good choice. I shoved him into the crowd of folks angered over his treatment of the ladies. Later that evening we saw his (as we found days later) shoes, wallet, watch, shirt, etc., thrown on stage. He also got a ticket on the way home. He got MUCH less than he deserved. So goes my flashback...

Aldo Nova did have a mediocre laser show to accompany "Fantasty."

Oh, and it was about 1980, Lane County Fairgrounds. One of my 'acquaintances' picked a drunken fight with a bunch of women. Many burly men came to their aid. I tried to restrain the 'acquaintance' and protect him (giving the brief benefit of the doubt before I knew all the facts). He'd been imbibing, and somehow thought stomping on my toes was a good choice. I shoved him into the crowd of folks angered over his treatment of the ladies. Later that evening we saw his (as we found days later) shoes, wallet, watch, shirt, etc., thrown on stage. He also got a ticket on the way home. He got MUCH less than he deserved. So goes my flashback...

I knew a guy who, in a drunken haze after being kicked out of an AC/DC concert in NY, was surprised by a state trooper coming up behind him.

On a horse.

So my buddy did the natural drunken-startled-pissed thing and swung a full roundhouse into the horse's head.

Which apparently reared up in surprise, almost dismounting the mounted officer.

I guess the cops only beat him down for about 5 minutes, then they took him to jail.

Same guy who jumped off of a freight train moving at speed.

I have decided, it being Saturday and only one turn in the old inbox (and it was from Jim Boggs ... how long does it take to hit GO after all) to do some archeolo, archael, arch ... historical research.

I found the ORIGINAL Peng I Take Our Challenge Public! thread and in my wanderings through that thread I believe I may have discovered the FIRST bolding of names of the Knights of the CessPool!

It was by the late, lamented Mark IV (whom I, in a burst of childish bravado and against my current custom, labelled Short Barrelled Mark IV ... not that there's anything wrong with that) and in it he clearly and deliberately bolded the names of Geier, Peng, Hakko Ichiu and Goanna.

It was on Page ... wait for it ... 94 of that seemingly interminable thread and is to be found here:

Peng I Take Our Challenge Public

There are other gems there as well, but perhaps others would enjoy the thrill of discovery I ... uh ... thrilled to.

Joe

p.s. All of MY turns are out ... can you say the same?

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Joe, you idiot. I am the first poster on that page.

Hiram ... many things are the same, you're still a foole of the first order, and some have changed ... but not that.

I may have discovered the FIRST bolding of names of the Knights of the CessPool!
I was NOT referring to the first POST on that page but rather to the first posting of names that were BOLDED ... you know BOLDED?

Do TRY to pay attention lad, of course thats not changed either has it.

Joe

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

shut up

Go sniff a bicycle seat, you giggling girly-man.

And send me a move or are you a-scared of me? </font>

dalem, you girly ninny;

I bet you've never seen Aldo Nova in concert; especially as an opener for B.O.C.. Did I mention it was festival seating? The whole experience felt particularly Who-ish.

Wow. I didn't see BOC until they were reduced to touring yuppie clubs with margarita machines in the early 1990s.

By the way, you misspelled whorish.

Steve

From the bowels of the original Peng I Take Our Challenge Public, this fine command of the English language:

Originally posted by makhno:

CORRECTION; INSTEAD OF BTS STARTING A NEW FORUM CALLED 'THE CLOSET' PERHAPS THEY SHOULD CALL IT 'THE PUBLIC URINAL' AND YOU COULD ALL GATHER TOGETHER AND *censored* EACHOTHER OFF. NO DOUBT THE FIRST THREAD WOULD BE PENG, I TAKE MY LOVE FOR YOU PUBLIC!

SOME GUY CALLED ME 'STUPID'. WAAAYYYY, WAAAAYY, I'M GONNA CRY. HE SAID I SHOULD TUG MY FORELOCK AND BOW DOWN TO ALL THESE LUMINARIES. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NEWBIES (I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR) SEEING THIS PACK OF *censored* WILL WONDER WHAT SORT OF BOTTOM-TOUCHING, CLOSET 'IN-CROWD' WANK THEY HAVE GOT THEMSELVES INTO. JESUS CHRIST I THOUGHT BOTTOMBOY WAS A POMPOUS *censored*-HOLE UNTIL I READ SOME OTHER GUY'S EXCUSE FOR A PUBLIC MENTAL WANK. SO-****E-I OR SOMETHING HIS NAME WAS. ALMOST SENT ME TO SLEEP. WRITE 'MUST TRY HARDER' 100 TIMES, SONNY-BOY.

ANOTHER 'LUMINARY' OF THE WANK-CONTEST CLAIMED THIS THREAD DIDN'T PUSH DECENT ONES OUT OF VIEW. NOTICE, I SAID 'THREADS' MEANING THAT THIS IS ONLY THE WORST OF A WHOLE SLEW OF WANK-FESTS THAT START UP AND GET BUMPED TO FRONT PAGE MANY TIMES A DAY. IF YOU HAD ONLY A TINY EXCUSE FOR A BRAIN YOU COULD SEE THE NUMBER OF INFORMATIVE THREADS THAT DIE ON THE VINE WHEN THEY END UP ON PAGE 2 OR 3 OR...

OH, AND THOSE OTHER *censored*-BRAIN THREADS? I SEE SOME FAMILIAR NAMES HERE...

They don't make SSNs like they used to. *sigh*

Mace