**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

I believe Kingfish's question is rhetorical. He is just placing emphasis on the fact that after all the games are completed, the quicker we turn in our AARs the quicker he can release final scores. Which, as he implies, is something we will all want.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you askign whether you will stop considering submitted AARs very shortly after the scores come in?
No. There will still be time to submit AARs after the last scores come in. How much time? I don't know yet, but the number is dependent on the number already submitted. If we are waiting on only 5-10 then a week is good, but if its 30-40? That is why I am suggesting that people use their time constructively and work on them now, and if possible submit them early.

Or are you asking whether you should publish preliminary scores?
Preliminary scores will be announced a day or two after the last score comes in. I first have to post the scenario scores here and allow everyone to check and make sure I have the correct data. Then its a simple process of entering the data into the modified Nabla formula. This will give us a rough idea of the leaders in each section. Nevertheless, the official score can not be determined until we factor in the AAR bonuses.

Isn't there a 120 day deadline for the end of the first round? Seems to me that it would be reasonable to give people another week to finish AARs and then you could post final results.
See above

Are you askign whether you will stop considering submitted AARs very shortly after the scores come in?
No. There will still be time to submit AARs after the last scores come in. How much time? I don't know yet, but the number is dependent on the number already submitted. If we are waiting on only 5-10 then a week is good, but if its 30-40? That is why I am suggesting that people use their time constructively and work on them now, and if possible submit them early.

Preliminary scores will be announced a day or two after the last score comes in. I first have to post the scenario scores here and allow everyone to check and make sure I have the correct data. Then its a simple process of entering the data into the modified Nabla formula. This will give us a rough idea of the leaders in each section. Nevertheless, the official score can not be determined until we factor in the AAR bonuses.

Isn't there a 120 day deadline for the end of the first round? Seems to me that it would be reasonable to give people another week to finish AARs and then you could post final results.
See above

See above

FWIIW

AAR's should be in as soon as you have played and finished the game.

I have finally got Excel onto this new PC and will this weekend construct a sheet showing who has finished games vs who has put in their AAR's.

I will then publish that / display it for all to see.

Judging that number of AAR's is going to take some time and the AAR winner will not be known at the same time as the Tourney winner. I think a month after the tourney winner is annouced will be a good target and if we can get it done sooner then all well and good.

Also will be looking at ways to get secure player voting for the three we put up for the final vote. I am happy for this to be hidden (secret ballot) or open. Any opinons on that would be good to hear.

Also I presume players would want to vote, but if not then chime in your views.

I back up KF and say you really need to write the AAR as you go along, it takes some discpline but no more than what is required to play the game.

;)

H

FWIIW

I have finally got Excel onto this new PC and will this weekend construct a sheet showing who has finished games vs who has put in their AAR's.

Judging that number of AAR's is going to take some time and the AAR winner will not be known at the same time as the Tourney winner. I think a month after the tourney winner is annouced will be a good target and if we can get it done sooner then all well and good.

Also will be looking at ways to get secure player voting for the three we put up for the final vote. I am happy for this to be hidden (secret ballot) or open. Any opinons on that would be good to hear.

I back up KF and say you really need to write the AAR as you go along, it takes some discpline but no more than what is required to play the game.

;)

H

FWIIW

;)

H

Kingfish,

Got your reply. Thanks for the insights. Now believe that a (gulp) larger event triggered what you described. I thought I had at least one unit still operable in that area, hence my bafflement.

All heard from today and replied to except shock trooper. One game complete; five AARs to write and submit.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Got your reply. Thanks for the insights. Now believe that a (gulp) larger event triggered what you described. I thought I had at least one unit still operable in that area, hence my bafflement.

All heard from today and replied to except shock trooper. One game complete; five AARs to write and submit.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Technical problems with shock trooper's inbound E-mail are now resolved; he'll send me a turn tomorrow. Another from and back to Ace Pilot. And the same from and to Kanonier Reichmann.

Holien, Spanish Bombs, and Mick_Oz,

While I take your point, indeed have done it that way, right now it's plenty challenging merely summoning the brain power to fight the battles, let alone wax lyrical, tactical, and analytical right after. Certainly, it's easier that way to keep track of one's plan of action for a given turn, rather than reconstruct it ex post facto.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ March 19, 2004, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Kingfish,

Technical problems with shock trooper's inbound E-mail are now resolved; he'll send me a turn tomorrow. Another from and back to Ace Pilot. And the same from and to Kanonier Reichmann.

While I take your point, indeed have done it that way, right now it's plenty challenging merely summoning the brain power to fight the battles, let alone wax lyrical, tactical, and analytical right after. Certainly, it's easier that way to keep track of one's plan of action for a given turn, rather than reconstruct it ex post facto.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Regards,

John Kettler

While writing the AAR while playing makes the most sense, I have to agree with John that it is a struggle just getting the turns out. In my case, I'm sure it's because I have the meanest, most cunning opponents in the entire tournament and they've forced me to do everything in my power to avoid a complete route. However, I have managed to jot down some notes for key turns.

I've also recently discovered the movie playback feature in PBEM Helper (sorry, John - you can stop reading now). Once you load it with the proper password and the initial movie file, it will, with the press of a single key, close out the movie file, open the next turn's movie file, enter the password and commence the action. You can review a battle fairly quickly using it. Once again, Fuerte, you are a genius!

While writing the AAR while playing makes the most sense, I have to agree with John that it is a struggle just getting the turns out. In my case, I'm sure it's because I have the meanest, most cunning opponents in the entire tournament and they've forced me to do everything in my power to avoid a complete route. However, I have managed to jot down some notes for key turns.

I've also recently discovered the movie playback feature in PBEM Helper (sorry, John - you can stop reading now). Once you load it with the proper password and the initial movie file, it will, with the press of a single key, close out the movie file, open the next turn's movie file, enter the password and commence the action. You can review a battle fairly quickly using it. Once again, Fuerte, you are a genius!