**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

I just had a call about you guys from my ISP saying you guys are missing me. Awwww, how sweet! I'm touched. If only my ISP was as helpful all of the time!

As I informed my opponents shortly before the start of ROW IV I had some trouble with my ISP and phone provider and have since been cut off from ADSL for a while. And as luck would have it both my sisters internet acces and/orPCs was out too. In a town without internet cafes that left me on a brown, smelly creek sans paddle. I may or may not be re-connected tomorrow, on past performance it could possibly take another month.

So perhaps it is prudent that someone takes my place in the tournament. I'm sorry that my opponents had to wait this long.

Sorry. :(:(:(

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a call about you guys from my ISP saying you guys are missing me. Awwww, how sweet! I'm touched. If only my ISP was as helpful all of the time!

As I informed my opponents shortly before the start of ROW IV I had some trouble with my ISP and phone provider and have since been cut off from ADSL for a while. And as luck would have it both my sisters internet acces and/orPCs was out too. In a town without internet cafes that left me on a brown, smelly creek sans paddle. I may or may not be re-connected tomorrow, on past performance it could possibly take another month.

So perhaps it is prudent that someone takes my place in the tournament. I'm sorry that my opponents had to wait this long.

Sorry. :(:(:(

Kingfish,

Full cycle today, less turn resent to KR. 11 March:

All but Londoner and Shock Trooper thus far; back on track with KR. Londoner and Ace Pilot heard from; two from the latter. More turns, please!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ March 12, 2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Kingfish,

All but Londoner and Shock Trooper thus far; back on track with KR. Londoner and Ace Pilot heard from; two from the latter. More turns, please!

Regards,

John Kettler

Kingfish,

Regards,

John Kettler

Replacement List as it stands:

On Deck: Platonov

In the Hole: Nestor

I.I. Koshkin (a/k/a Levitacus)

John Osborne

MG42

Vorishilov

herrbixx

Enqvist

sandy

AC

BigMik1

hartmn

We have already sent two guys Reg Slaw and jbertles to the show. Note also that Reg Slaw jumped from No. 2 to in because of some technical problems that Platonov had but has apparently resolved. Lesson: If you get the call, be ready to step right in to restart stalled games, or else we will work down the list quickly. As always, if anybody has any questions, send me an email off list.

John Osborne

MG42

Vorishilov

herrbixx

Enqvist

sandy

AC

BigMik1

hartmn

We have already sent two guys Reg Slaw and jbertles to the show. Note also that Reg Slaw jumped from No. 2 to in because of some technical problems that Platonov had but has apparently resolved. Lesson: If you get the call, be ready to step right in to restart stalled games, or else we will work down the list quickly. As always, if anybody has any questions, send me an email off list.

John Osborne

MG42

Vorishilov

herrbixx

Enqvist

sandy

AC

BigMik1

hartmn

Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

Lesson: If you get the call, be ready to step right in to restart stalled games, or else we will work down the list quickly.

So true. The closer we get to the deadline the less time we have to wait for AWOLs - and - the quicker we need replacements to step in.

Lesson: If you get the call, be ready to step right in to restart stalled games, or else we will work down the list quickly.

So true. The closer we get to the deadline the less time we have to wait for AWOLs - and - the quicker we need replacements to step in.