PATCH AND BUG Discussion

Maybe instead of bombarding BFdotC with our petty whines and gripes, we can consolidate them in this one thread?

I'll begin: Important changes are marked in Italics; chrome or stuff that can be lived with as is is denoted by plain text. <font color="blue">I would recommend others also separate their comments in the same fashion.</font>

Canadian Armour

Churchills were never used by Canadians in action during the CMAK timeframe and should be deleted entirely from the selection screens.

Sherman I's and Sherman II's were also used by Canadian armoured regiments (specifically the Governor General's Horse Guards of 5 Cdn Armd Div). There seems to be little evidence of the Sherman III being used (unless this is an in-game equivalency to the Sherman I and II?)

MG Jeeps

The data screen shows a "five-oh" machinegun as the weapon mounted on MG Jeeps, but the 3D model shows a Browning M1919, for both Commonwealth and American MG jeeps.

Vickers MG

While the shared bitmap for the gunrack image is understandable, the ingame 3D model for the Vickers is the Browning watercooled .30 calibre MG as used by US forces.

Commonwealth Rank Structure

Squad leaders should be listed as Corporals, and the appropriate bitmap should be shown as such. Battalion COs should really be Lieutenant Colonels. I would recommend making the company commanders Majors.

The Platoon HQ for the carrier platoon could be a Captain (if possible) with other platoons being Lieutenants. (This was the historical setup, but would really only be chrome if logistically not possible).

[ January 20, 2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Runyan99:

Order of Battle Issues

Add German OOB for March-June 1941.

Add captured Italian guns and tanks to the Australian OOB for 1941. Operation Compass netted a lot of Italian equipment, which showed up during the later battles against the Afrika Korps.

Also add Australian OOB for July-September 1942, the AIF's 9th Division was brought back into the line at at the start of July 42. (they don't become available until October in the game)

Ok, let's see ...

Most of this, though not all, is ToE stuff. All of it is pretty much off the top of my head, and I haven't looked at the comings and goings of most of the units in the "Vehicles" list in the editor, nor have I yet looked too closely at the make-up of the bns.

* UK Paras in Italy should have access to 75mm spotters

* CW Infantry should be able to come equipped with infantry A-Tk grenades as 'special weapons' (c.f. 'fausts or wurfmines)

* CW Infantry sections and HQs should be using the Thompson until the end of the war (and this does have an effect on gameplay)

* CW Bns should have AA Pns during 41 and 42, armed with Brens (for all you pud-knockers out there, they used twin Brens, mounted on the infamous tripod tongue.gif )

* CW Bns should not have integral Bofors at any time

* CW Bns late-war in CMAK come complete with 6 Wasps. This is good (although 6 might be a few too many), but the number in the Carrier Pn should be reduced by a similar amount - the Wasps were made up from kits fitted to existing Carrier Pn vehicles, not additional vehicles.

* NZ Forces should have access to 2-pr Portees until the end of the campaign in NA

* NZ Forces should have access to Vickers VIB until approx Feb '42

* NZ Forces should have access to Honeys from Nov 41 (debateable), or at least from July 42 (definitely)

* NZ force types should be "infantry" and "mechanised" from the start of the Italian campaign

* NZ Forces should have access to Sherman Kangaroos from March 45 (at high rarity)

* NZ inf bns should include a Vickers pn from Feb 45 as standard

* NZ Forces should not have access to Bofors or Oerlikons after Dec 44

* NZ Forces should not have access to Staghounds after Dec 44

* NZ Forces should not have access to Valentines at any time

Regards

JonS

[ January 10, 2004, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by JonS:

* CW Bns should have AA Pns during 41 and 42, armed with Brens (for all you pud-knockers out there, they used twin Brens, mounted on the infamous tripod tongue.gif )

Not the infamous tripod, surely? That one was for ground fire and didn't reach as high above the ground, did it?

BTW, I've seen the AA tripods set up as you describe. I've also seen them with single BRENs (in fact, even more than with twins) and also single and double Vickers K. But these were probably not in ANZAC service.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JonS:

Not the infamous tripod, surely? That one was for ground fire and didn't reach as high above the ground, did it?</font>

Originally posted by MikeDwyer:

There is a problem with the Italian L3/33AA, the commander buttons up as soon as an aircraft comes in. This prevents him from firing the AA machinegun which is mounted on top of the vehicle. Could he be made to fire instead of buttoning up every time.

Thanks

I believe this is typical of vehicles. Men on foot dive for cover. Not sure how experience level, fanaticism, etc. effect this.

I think this is actually fairly realistic. Most vehicles either buttoned up or stopped and bailed out when threatened by air attack even if they had a nominal AA weapon. The exception was if they were a dedicated AA vehicle armed with multiple MGs or cannon. Just one puny MG didn't bestow tremendous confidence, especially for soft or open-topped vehicles.

Michael

[ December 22, 2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

Originally posted by SirReal:

The german 15cm infantry gun is operated by six men, and has 50 rounds of ammunition, AND CAN STILL MOVE.

Ãœbermench and all, I still think the average german artilleryman was unable to carry a quarter metric ton per person.

Especially if you compare it to the 81mm and 3" mortars.

Well, since most of the major stuff I've already mentioned is here, I'll throw in three little graphical errors:

The US sniper is holding a M1 Garand instead of the M1903 Springfield.

The Canadian pistol (1907.bmp) is a Moisin-Nagant rifle.

Hard-coded tripod for .50cal HMG way too small.

[ December 24, 2003, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Well, since most of the major stuff I've already mentioned is here, I'll throw in two little graphical errors:

AFAIK this is not mistake.

Combat Mission have only Sharpshooters, so NO Snipers.

Thats why you see the Garand, its a guy with good eyes and a normal Garand who is good for spotting enemy units in front of the other forces, and scare/kill a few tank commanders too.

Monty

Originally posted by Monty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by von Lucke:

Well, since most of the major stuff I've already mentioned is here, I'll throw in two little graphical errors:

AFAIK this is not mistake.

Combat Mission have only Sharpshooters, so NO Snipers.

Thats why you see the Garand, its a guy with good eyes and a normal Garand who is good for spotting enemy units in front of the other forces, and scare/kill a few tank commanders too.

Monty </font>

Oh, and speaking of CW OOB's:

North Africa, October 1942: Chruchill Mk IV & V's available for British Armor?

There were only 6 Churchills in all of Egypt --- and they were Mk III's. They were used in the opening days of the "Lightfoot / Supercharge" offensive, then pulled from the line, and eventually shipped to Tunisia in April '43.

What's Italian for uber?

Maybe my gameplay so far is limited, but does anyone else think trucks are unrealistically impervious? Seemed like in Fort Nebeiwa, Italian trucks would take 2 or 3 turns of solid MG fire and several AT hits before they'd abandon. Maybe not having HE had something to do with it, but regardless those were almost uber-trucks.