PATCH AND BUG Discussion

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

I am getting weird AI "bugs" guns move that were ordered to hide and were dug-in, infantry ordered to hide in houses running out for no reason,infantry running out of trenches for no good reason.

This came to light when I created my Steamroller Farm and has been noted by my tester as well as myself.

I noticed infantry running about in the open and doing strange things when I first played the official walk-in the sun scenario.

These problems didn't seem to be as common under CMBB.

Mark, is that your guns and infantry or units under control of the computed opponent?

Just letting you guys know that we are in the final stages of testing the 1.01 patch and it "should" be ready after we do some more testing on it. (no, I will not clarify that any more).

Looking over the readme I see about 47 items listed as being addressed as well as a handful more that I know Charles did which were too hard to define or explain. ;)

I will try and post the full Patch readme prior to the patch being released but I can't promise that.

Madmatt

[qb/]Mark, is that your guns and infantry or units under control of the computed opponent? [/QB]

Yes, we are taking about the Computer AI controlling a defending force who are doing unrealistic things.

You can download it and play it yourself from mod corner.

Not sure why nobody else has not noticed or post about it here!?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just letting you guys know that we are in the final stages of testing the 1.01 patch and it "should" be ready after we do some more testing on it. (no, I will not clarify that any more).

Looking over the readme I see about 47 items listed as being addressed as well as a handful more that I know Charles did which were too hard to define or explain. ;)

I will try and post the full Patch readme prior to the patch being released but I can't promise that.

Madmatt

Thank you.

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Mark, is that your guns and infantry or units under control of the computed opponent?

Yes, we are taking about the Computer AI controlling a defending force who are doing unrealistic things.

Not sure why nobody else has not noticed or post about it here!? </font>

Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Mark, is that your guns and infantry or units under control of the computed opponent?

Not sure why nobody else has not noticed or post about it here!? </font>

We are playing "knifefight in cucina" scenario and it started acting "funky" when we got to the + turns. After turn 15 my STG was "bailing out" for 2 entire turns without bailing, and my US opponent's forces that were next to my tank were locked into place. Has anyone else had this "+" turn activity? I have the movies and can make screen shots if this hasn't happened before. We have played many games w/standard turns and haven't notices these types of bugs.

Originally posted by Carl Puppchen:

We are playing "knifefight in cucina" scenario and it started acting "funky" when we got to the + turns. After turn 15 my STG was "bailing out" for 2 entire turns without bailing, and my US opponent's forces that were next to my tank were locked into place. Has anyone else had this "+" turn activity? I have the movies and can make screen shots if this hasn't happened before. We have played many games w/standard turns and haven't notices these types of bugs.

I played Knifefight and had a US Sherman sit directly behind a Tiger for 2 turns and do anything. The range was 10 metres. Both were regular or veteran crews, and I was playing a human opponent. I would call that an engine limitation more than a bug, though.

Is there anything wrong with the italian airborne battalion price?

Companies are listed at 585 points, while the battalion costs 2092.

Battalion is 3 companies, plus 3 x 22 point rifle squads, a 19 point platoon HQ and a 31 point battalion HQ

(585 x 3) + 19 + (3 x 22) + 31 = 1871 points.

Shouldn' the battalion be cheper than it's components?

Do you guys think there is a point pushing for a modification of artillery prices?

I want the Allied spotters to get less ammo so that they are cheaper for the same caliber than the German ones.

Right now the big ammo load causes them to be so expensive that most Quickbattles rather see German than Allied serious artillery - which qualifies as an outright realism bug, IMHO.

Scenario people wouldn't suffer since they can adjust the ammo level anyway and are not concerned with the purchase price of the module in any way.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Do you guys think there is a point pushing for a modification of artillery prices?

I want the Allied spotters to get less ammo so that they are cheaper for the same caliber than the German ones.

Right now the big ammo load causes them to be so expensive that most Quickbattles rather see German than Allied serious artillery - which qualifies as an outright realism bug, IMHO.

Scenario people wouldn't suffer since they can adjust the ammo level anyway and are not concerned with the purchase price of the module in any way.

I think it's important but to hear Madmatt tell it QBs aren't seen as that important. I'd love to be wrong though.

-dale

I've noticed that tanks will not engage other tanks if the range is too short. I don't know how to classify this, whether it's an inherent feature or a bug.

On a side note: I noticed another nice feature, however, in that freindly AFV's will not perform area fire missions if freindly soft units are nearby. They still retain the target line, but will not open fire until freindies are out of the path.

Had a Sturm Squad Platoon HQ wipe out an entire platoon of engineers who were assaulting the church he was in, while the Sherman I had thought was supposed to suppress the unit/building stood there staring at the spot which I had designated. Played the turn a few times and figured out I had to pull my engineers back a few meters, let the Sherman go at the church for awhile, then make them attack so they wouldn't get cut down (yes, the entire platoon would get massacred by one lousy hq) Hehe. That was most entertaining! :D

[ January 21, 2004, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Abteilung ]