Will the Peng Challenge Thread be Represented 1:1?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Aguirre:

Well, well. My sometime enemy Low-Calibre (spelt but not bloody bolded) is now a knight. The way he has progressed from cherubic fool with poor manners to cherubic fool with terrible manners has been an inspiration. Or would have been, if I had been paying any attention.

This would be an appropriate time to talk about my profound dissappointment with the slipping standards of this ancient institution, except that it has few standards and their slipping is a matter of profound indiference to me. The justicar will froth and flail, v42below will pretend that he is more than a mild-mannered kiwi 'Regulatory Analyst' (whatever that may be) with a penchant for Fiefdom, Seanachai will spout random nonsense, others will join in, Americans will talk about model x-wings and celebrities and other incomprehensible matters and Australians will, er, drink; I shall remain indifferent.

And yet here I am; indifferent and unnoticed, perhaps, but here. The question arises: why am I posting? The answer is not simple. Indeed, there are several answers; but the question that strikes at them all is: why the Pool? There is something quaintly antipodean, colonial, even, about the undrained fester. Cricket in the tropics, gin and tonic, elephant rides, tiger hunts, good food and plentiful servants; one pictures one's great, great grandfather living in style off of the unfortanate natives, growing accustomed to comforts and liberties uvavailable in the Mother Country. The question within the question, then, is whether this freedom leads to improvement; to some kind of übermensch or noble savage; or to spiritual degeneration as well as that of form; just as my increasing use of semicolons asks: does comsumption of gin allow one to express oneself more authentically, or merely to mess up punctiation?

The answer, mayhap, will not be so easily gained as the question. But then, did not Zarathushtra say "Praise to Haoma, Mazda-made"? The confusion may well be the answer, rather than objectively contain it. Gnosis, not metis, is the path of the Pool.

Good lord... someone brick him, and be quick about it...

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Good lord... someone brick him, and be quick about it...

But, but, but, he used 'mayhap'! You can't fault a man for his love of the occasional rejoinder, sir. No, no. No. No... No. Goodness, he/she/it/that is both drunkard and ponficatus primus non plurus. This is a rare bird, like the phoo-bird of South American lore, and you know the rules with rare birds. Ah, but you do not. Nay, sir, you shall not brick it. Let me explain: The phoo-bird, you see, blesses us all with its offering. We are all blessed with holy, drippy sacrement. Yes, when the phoo ****s, wear it.

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

not brick it. Let me explain: The phoo-bird, you see, blesses us all with its offering. We are all blessed with holy, drippy sacrement. Yes, when the phoo ****s, wear it.

Nice work in of a joke there, Meeksy.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

not brick it. Let me explain: The phoo-bird, you see, blesses us all with its offering. We are all blessed with holy, drippy sacrement. Yes, when the phoo ****s, wear it.

Nice work in of a joke there, Meeksy.

Mace </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Sorry Hiram.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, we love you tomorrow, you're only a day aaaaaway....

Actually, a pretty good game. It came down to whoever made the most mistakes. And the Eagles had Hiram on their side, so there you go.

Originally posted by v42below:

YK2 - What's all this then? Oh no you don't, not in my thrown room!

*walks out, stopping only to pick up a bottle of red wine from under the thrown*

That could almost have been me speaking!!

Except of course from the fact you spelt Throne wrongly!

Tst...

Drunken Kiwis. Yikes. Fortunately enough they are in New Zealand, where only the Ngutuparore and JonS can hear them retch.

BTW - I am thinking of starting a collection for you poor and hapless chaps down-under. You can not even afford your own Magpies, and have to make do with the Australian one. Probably been transported, hasn't it?

Krishna Pahadi, the founder of the Human Rights and Peace Society, says Nepalis are ready to fight back against King Gyanendra's takeover of the government last week.
And I should DAMNED well hope so! If this kind of blatant tyranny is allowed to flourish then we have no cause to celebrate OUR freedom.

I propose that the CessPool immediately dispatch a Note of Protest, perhaps something like this:

Krishna Pahadi, Human Rights and Peace Society, Nepal ... uh ... hmmm?

"Dear Krishna:

It is with great disguast that we has leanred of hte the undemocracy actions of King Gyanendra.

We being of the American CessPool would like to be forthcoming with a monitarily contributor to your cause but we are not being in possession of Togonese currency for the sending of said.

Please send us via email your bank account numbers and passwords so that we may be depositing the sum of American $516,345,233 in Amercian currency forwith for your cause. If any is left over keep it for candles.

You'res sincerely,

CessPool of American"

It's time and indeed PAST time that the CessPool can stand idly by when such things are occurring in this world.

Joe