Yanks are everywhere!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by past caring:

No offence to our American bretheren-and sorry if this has already been posted, but why aren't the Anzac voices actually Australian and New Zealand accents? They're definitely Yank, imo.... :eek:

You vulgar little heathen. No one hates Australians more than I do, and I tell you, sir, that those are authentic Australians I am hearing and loathing in the game.

What is throwing you off is simply the fact that the Australians who did the voices were sober when they did the recordings.

I can't speak as regards the Kiwis. Quite possibly they are accurate, possibly they are simply voices culled from various archived, unreleased Pink Floyd songs that have been subjected to electronic modification.

They're Kiwis. Who can tell? Play the game in a paddock and see if a stampede starts.

Bah!

Want to insult Yanks? Well, I won't oppose you much. I loathe my countrymen at times, especially our ruling class that "knows how I feel". Seems a bit off to assume I think like the rest of my brethren seeing as even siblings quarrel daily.

Public opinion polls, can't live without them.

Regardless of my nation's ignorance, and forgetting all of the horrible movies (Saving Private Ryan was the ultimate redeemer, though), we are the center of the world.

Love us.

Hate us.

Or just hate us.

Hell, we hate ourselves.

Nah... I just hate those funny southerners and their backward ways.

Or those wierd northerners and their "pop"...

WE AREN'T EVEN A REAL COUNTRY!!!

We just thought it would be beneficial to share an apartment. So then you get this wierd thing called America. All of our 1 million accents and all.

What is an "American" accent anyway??

They need a poll for that one.

I declare the midwestern "plainspeak" as our country's accent. None of that New Yorker crap you guys use for your games :D ...

But, remember, all in jest my friends.... :rolleyes:

-Palko

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

I too have noticed this error. Of all the .wav at least one seems to be missing..."Roight mate, it's Foster's time."

BTS, please fix or do sumfink.

A real Aussie wouldn't be caught dead drinking Foster's. Victoria Bitter is the drink of all top Aussies.

Oi,

Kitty

Just had some Aussies in a battle on my Mac and they weren't sledging the Italians, and worst of all not sounding like Rolf Harris but more Jeffrey Archer :confused:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Do you have a mac or a pc disk? I haven't seen this mentioned yet so it may not be true, but I heard mac disks had less room than PC disks and Australian voices may have been sacrificed to fit the disk? Perhaps it was just discussed but not implimented.

well, the esteemed states of Minnesota and Michigan also fall into the "pop" category...

I'm a Michigan boy by birth, but I quickly lost my ugly northern ways when I left home... I must say being in Alabama for 2 years was the scariest experience of my life.... get this.... they have roads that AREN'T PAVED!!! That's right.... no pavement.... it's really wierd.... Not since southern Hannover and northern Northumbria have I witnessed such backward ways...

Alabama doesn't need a sign to tell you that you crossed state lines.... you can tell by how much your car starts to shake from the shoddy roads...

I must say, though, the one populated continent I have never been to is Australia... a disappointment I guess.... I always wondered how a nation founded on the same principles as our state of Georgia would work.... Just get all of the low-lifes and throw them in one place, and within a generation or two they turn good... well, sorta... the Aussies I have known always seemed a bit off in their humor...

"...they have roads that AREN'T PAVED!!!"

I'm from Maine (two states up from Massachusetts) and you reminded me that recently I heard my dad talking with an old buddy. They were recalling how when they were young sections of highway route 1 running the length of the state was still a corduroy road!!!

Haw! You fancy-pants gravel road people can't impress me with your stories! :D

Originally posted by Lawngnome:

I must say being in Alabama for 2 years was the scariest experience of my life...

Someone sold you a bottle of Hadicol?

... get this.... they have roads that AREN'T PAVED!!! That's right.... no pavement.... it's really wierd....
Perfectly explicable. They have LOTS of oyster shells.

Alabama doesn't need a sign to tell you that you crossed state lines.... you can tell by how much your car starts to shake from the shoddy roads...
They like speedbumps there. They really, really like speedbumps.

Michael

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Los:

"Or those wierd northerners and their "pop"..."

Get your story straight, it ain't "pop" it's "soder"

Los.

Bah! Shows what you know. The dreaded Right Coasters call it soda. We cornfed, apple-cheeked hillbillies call it pop. </font>