Combat Mission: Afrika Korps licensed by the Australian Department of Defence!

CM: Afrika Korps has been licensed by the Australian Government, Department of Defence to aid Officers in historical education!

The Australian Defence Simulation Office has now formally placed a purchase order to obtain a special version of CM:AK to be able to simulate and re-play historical tactical engagements in Greece, Crete and North Africa from 1940-1943. This version will be available for issue to all members of the Australian Department of Defence (contact ADSO-Joint 1) and will include a multimedia presentation on the Battle for Crete.

Besides a number of changes to mainly the Australian Order of Battles (ORBAT), Greece will be added as a playable theater. Projected delivery of the final milestone for this special Australian DoD version is June.

The Australian DoD version will not be available commercially.

The commercial version of CM:AK can be purchased directly from www.battlefront.com, and is not available in stores (except in parts of Europe and in Japan).

Madmatt

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the aussie DoD, they just figured out a good way to gain valuable experience for their officers without the heart rendering hurdle of having to convince an officer to get off his ass and do something....(I joke, I joke....)

Now, two questions: 1. Will we get to see any of this moulan in a patch or is CM set for its first ever expansion pack? And 2. Does this move into the military market hint at more modern style CM's in future to pander to both markets?

G'Day Mark, not that was not specifically noted in the contract, as an unelightened PC user I didn't specify it. That will be up to BFC.

This is one of several products, including TACOPS, that we are using.

For historical education the game is "covered" buy a multimedia presentation on the campaign in Crete, with ORBAT and equipment. If succesful (and is has been well recieved so far!) there are plans to produce several a year.

Cheers

Rob

Australian Defence Simulation Office

Originally posted by jrcar:

G'Day Mark, not that was not specifically noted in the contract, as an unelightened PC user I didn't specify it. That will be up to BFC.

This is one of several products, including TACOPS, that we are using.

For historical education the game is "covered" buy a multimedia presentation on the campaign in Crete, with ORBAT and equipment. If succesful (and is has been well recieved so far!) there are plans to produce several a year.

Cheers

Rob

Australian Defence Simulation Office

*cheers*

If this leads to a vast increase in the number of Aussies playing CMAK, I am all for it.

Thanks Rob, for getting our government to spend it's money on something much cooler than that American shooting game smile.gif

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The Australian Defence Simulation Office has now formally placed a purchase order to obtain a special version of CM:AK to be able to simulate and re-play historical tactical engagements in Greece, Crete and North Africa . . .

And now that you've revealed their (thanks to you) very obvious intentions to invade those three areas they're sure to cancel the order. Way to go, genius. ;)

Kitty

[ May 24, 2004, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Kitty ]

Dear Madmatt

I am Defence Minister for the Republic of Tasmania, and we, too have an interest in making CMAK our official World War Two Education Module for officer recruits.

We are a small nation just to the south of Australia, with a proud military history. I am sure you have heard of the Battle of Boag's Lager, and the quite extraordinary victory in the Charge of the Cascade Brigade.

I am equally sure that your small American publishing outfit would benefit enormously from an association with yet another national republican army from the Southern Hemisphere.

Our Sydney-based representative, Colonel REVS, would be happy to peruse the modified CMAK disk as supplied to the Australian Department of Defence, to ascertain its appropriateness for our Tasmanian training units. I believe you have his details on file.

Regards

Major-General Dennis Bludnuck

Executive Director

Tasmanian Department of Defence

Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by REVS:

Dear Madmatt

<snip>

Regards

Major-General Dennis Bludnuck

Executive Director

Tasmanian Department of Defence

Hobart, Tas

I’m sure they will send you a cardboard cut out of the disk along with some licorice all sorts.