Combat Mission: Afrika Korps licensed by the Australian Department of Defence!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should only work on a PC - no use copying files over as the CMAK application will be .exe which obviously won't run on yer Mac

Might be some interesting modified bmps in the data folder though....

Originally posted by gibsonm:

OK I’ve scrounged a copy.

Now can I install it on a PC and then copy the relevant files over to my Mac (or do I need to keep it on a Windoze box)?

Just the random mumblings of a compulsive paranoid, but before we starting bugging people who have this fascinating version to start posting parts of it, we'd better make sure that we aren't encouraging them to run afoul of the Australian equivalent of the official secrets act. I know that may sound weird, but something they've contracted for may be viewed as government property. I'm sure they're a lot more enlightened than certain other nations' official institutions that shall remain nameless, but never underestimate the potential for damage that can be done by a bored bureaucrat. They may not understand the concept of posting mods and scenarios.

Also, if anything ever happens to get posted from it, it might be better to do it on a non-BFC-affiliated sight so that there are no contractual problems (aiding and abetting non-exclusivity). Cmmods and Scenario Depot should do just fine.

If you have a full version of CMAK there is no point in attempting to get the Army version. If you are not a member of the Australian Department of Defence (Civilian or Uniform) then you should not have it and are breaking copyright.

There are only cosmetic changes in the Army version, and it is only half of the full product.

Cheers

Rob

Yes I know the application wont run.

I was thinking more about graphics files and scenarios (as I’m assuming these should run on either version).

Anyway I’ll see what I can find out. But Rob’s right, If I do get it working, I wont be posting the files anywhere due to the copyright issues.

• 1 month later...

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003132

Charles has confirmed that the bug was introduced very late in the developement of the patch, most likely one if not the very last build. It was an unfortunate occurance to be sure but we already have a fix for it and as soon as we run some more tests with it and build the new installers we will release it to the public.

We have been very clear on where our focus has been since CMAK was released last year. That focus is with the next generation engine and this caused work on the 1.02 patch to take longer than normal.

Plus, we also had to create and test the dedicated Australian Military version which chewed up a good deal of our developement time this past year.

And don't forget, while Combat Mission might be our most well known title, it is not the only one. We already have four announced new games coming out in the coming months plus some other goodies we haven't even mentioned yet. Things here are very busy but we are still just a small team of dedicated people trying to work 30 hours days on a planet where the sun comes up every 24.

Madmatt

• 2 months later...

From the first post

"Besides a number of changes to mainly the Australian Order of Battles (ORBAT), Greece will be added as a playable theater. Projected delivery of the final milestone for this special Australian DoD version is June."

Did any Greece battles sneak out to the public?

What makes it "a playable theatre"? Uniforms? Flags? Green grapes?

• 1 year later...

Howdy Junk2Drive

Yep just one that I remember

SB Babbot vs Nussolini but it is not a mirror

I also have two incomplete scenarios

One historical

SB Garabud, a Libyan oases taken by the Aussies in 1941.

One fictional/semi-historical

S273(no name) just a scenario creation number

it is a small battle between Italians and Aussies set around a wadi. Incomplete

As you liked the ridge battles the following are in various stages of completion:

SB Drongo Ridge, Aussies vs Italians

SB Bad Ass Ridge Korea, Chinese vs American

SB Nippon Yano Ridge PTO, Japanese vs Americans

SB Bloody Ridge PTO, British vs Japanese