Who's got all three CM's on their hard drive still?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got cmbo and cmbb and cmak demo and way too much hdd space devoted to CMBO bmps and mods. i popped down the shops on friday to grab cmak but i couldn't find it anywhere. odd, cos cmbb was got on the day it came out. which was great. i was chewing up T34s outside moscow by evening [ahh... great days!].

but no cmak yet..

where for art thou, cmak?

All 3 now,

I like the graphics of CMAK, but the game play in CMBO is still the best for a casual player like me. I hope to start PBEM next year and I will start with CMBO and keep CMAK for AI games.

As for CMBB, when I get the chance. Probably only play Hans small battles and other map packs.

3,5 years later and none of the CM's have left my HDD at any given time. Though I have hardly played CMBO since CMBB came out, I will not delete it 'cause it represents gaming history.

Awaiting a copy of CMAK (signed!) in due course. :D

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, 28 Nov. 2003)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool - it even lets you play 2 PBEM turns per e-mail exhange - if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Winner: Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW tourney sponsor</font>

RoW I winner:Wreck, RoW II co-winners:Ali, Kanonier Reichmann, Jon_L, RoW III co-winners: Deadly 88, Frunze, mPisi

</font>

• Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

All 3 games installed.

I haven't played a lot of CMAK yet, but I think CMBB will always be my favorite. I knew absolutely nothing about the East Front when BB came out so it was the most fascinating journey.

I still haven't seen a Sturmtiger in action and only recently took my first Toldi for a spin.

The leap in scale and depth from BO to BB will probably never be repeated.