CMAK brand New Interface. It's READY !

Tarkus

And I dub it the Dirty Olive Interface. (No reference to Popeye intended).

I got tired of the woody feel of the original and decided to get the Dark Steel design made for CMBB a little further, keeping in mind comments people made back then. It's a little more sober, it's OD, and there are some nice little additions. I hope you like it.

Any and all comments most welcome.

tarkus_dirtyoliveinterface_cmak.jpg

I also made an option pack for those who want to keep the original portraits (and map thumbnails) but want to keep the DO interface.

tdoi_optionpack.jpg

You get all this here.

Cheers.

Tarkus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay ! smile.gif Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it.

Originally posted by Gpig:

Love that splash screen. Can you show us bigger version? Pretty please?

Sure. Still compressed and smaller, but here it is.

tarkus_altsplash.jpg

From a beautiful painting by Lawren P. Harris, it's called, "Night air attack before the Hitler line". The original is part of the permanent collection of the Canadian War Museum (CWM/MCG #12706).

Originally posted by Bogdan:

Did you noticed that you just sent me a jpeg file in your last email ? It was a bit difficult to test the mod then... ...sorry to just tell you that now.

That was intentional, to get a fast reply ;) But since I was fearful I'd procrastinate into eternity with this thing, I decided to rush it a bit and test it myself. Uninstalled CMAK, put it back, patched it, and then used MCMMM to preview it. Got a few errors this way. Hopefully there aren't any goofs.

Cheers

Some notes.

As you can see, I like leds. Leds are cool. Easy to see from the corner of your eye, clear, nice, colorful, big kudos to the guy who invented leds. Now. Maybe some more explanations are called for.

HQ contact

dopeek_II.jpg

As Pheasant Plucker said, HQ contact is illustrated by a blue led when contact is on, and a red one when it's not. I also agree that green is more efficient on that count. Maybe I'll change it at some point, now I must get away from the thing for a little while. smile.gif

Terrain and weather leds.

dopeek_I.jpg

As you noticed, the [now seamless :cool: ] main interface comes with two small leds next to the ground & sky thumbnail. The idea is simple here: when the lights are on, there is an issue either with the ground condition or the visibility, to warn the player upfront about a possible important factor even the most seasonned player can sometime overlook. The more intense the light, the more trouble with its related factor. Upper led, sky, lower led, ground.

Various leds all around.

dopeek_III.jpg

Here again, the idea is to warn the corner of the players' eye. I was sceptical at first, but it really works. Note that leds won't light up unless to show that the unit is under special condition preventing it to act normally. For example "Alerted" won't be on, while "Pinned" will.

On the moral slot, the led on the right is the "rattled" led you all know already, while the one on the left is as explained above.

HTH, cheers.

[ February 11, 2005, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Tarkus ]

WOW

That is ALOT of work and a GREAT interface!!!

I hope CMx2 looks that GOOD!!

hint hint hint!!!

Its gorgeous!

I like the LEDs that glow and the slightly beveled edges and the colours and lay out look GREAT!!

its VERY appealing and it looks TRULY professional for a wargame interface IMO!!

smile.gif

Nice work

Thanks

-tom w

Tarkus,

Beautiful! :D At last! :D Oh no! I'm at f....g work again! By Belzabub's Blue Balls! This always, always, always happens to me.

Arrrgggghhhh! :mad:

Come on clock, get spinning!

DavidI

---------------------

Insurance Companies move in mysterious ways. Like God, of course, but less generous.

Salut Jean,

Evidemment c'est du formidable boulot, que tu as realisé là ! Je l'ai téléchargé et installé bien sûr ! En ce qui concerne les icones des soldats j'avais preparé quelques modifs aussi mais je n'ai jamais terminé ce travail (trop long). J'avais déjà realisé un mod avec des photos pour CMBB(posté sur Cmmods) et j'avais remarqué que tu avais fait un mod identique pour CMBB dans un numero special de PC4War. Merci encore à + Pat ;)

I love it Tarkus - thanks a lot.

If I can offer suggestions without sounding ungrateful...?

Could you please tone down the "theatre" colour for Italy in the summer? It kind of overpowers the rest of the interface.

The other thing is when you roll over the ground & sky thumbnail the panel shown overwrites the LED's which is a bit jarring. Not sure if you can change that. I'm also getting a red LED for clear sky - is that right?

Anyway the main point is thanks - this has redefined what I thought a mod could do.