CMBB STOLE MY LIFE!!!!

Hello, I used to go out on sunny days and read books and visit friends and go to the movies, but not any more. For the last three years CMBB has stolen most of my time. From the first minute that I saw the demo I was hooked. Its like a drug, I want more, and just when I vowed to my self to put the game away for 2006, they come up with CMC expansion. THANKS ALOT BATTLEFRONT [sarcastic]... I guess I wont have a life for the forseeable future either...

CALM DOWN! , The “Real Life” you speak of is just an illusion. You were meant to spend hours fighting pitched battles in cyber-space. Come lay on the couch and let out these counterfeit memories of this so-called “Real Life”. Play Two scenarios and visit the CM forum regularly and you’ll be cured of this false desire.

Hmm, I recently rediscovered this game and hooked a friend by ordering copies of CMBB and CMAK for him. Now my free days and evenings are filled with exchanging PBEM and reading this forum, and sleepless nights anxiously wondering whether the mortar bombs that are about to leave the tube will save the day.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I still go out on suny days, but now its spent looking for hull down positions with a decent field of fire and good concealed spots to place my artillery spotters.

Hehe, thank god I'm not the only one. Once again, i feel at home, nice and cozy, at the BFC site. smile.gif

It's true. A nice walk in the country has me looking for covered routes, finding overwatch positions and seeing cover and concealment everywhere.

My friends have even asked me why I'm steering them a certain way and have been...well, quite hurtful about my mumbled "mg nest...field of fire...overwatch" responses.

I didn't even know I was doing it.

Thanks a lot John_d ;)

I had the idea of doing that with my own home town about a year ago. Something came up, I got busy and I promptly forgot about it. ...Until now.

I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next several nights. (Hunched over the computer calling out to wife) "Dear, come here, does this look like main street downtown or should the incline be more gradual? Does the library look too close to the Post Office?"

I used GoogleEarth and Streetmap to get the desired effect. Had to buy an OS map of the area for the contours tho. I even had a stab at what the town would have looked like in the 40s, just to see what would happen if the Germans had ever invaded Britain (my town is just down the road from Sandhurst, so probably would have been the scene of fighting if the Germans had arrived). Didn't get very far with that tho. The only difficulty I've had is that most of the buildings are 2-storey, but not big enough to warrant one of the large buildings on CM, so the town looks a little a huge trailer park. Still good fun to watch high caliber artillery rain down on it tho. Especially when ur house is one of the main objectives :D

How many gamers have been divorced since getting hooked on these games, that would not be to surprising!!!
My former girlfriend got mad when we booked a holiday in the Ardennes a couple of years back, with me only wanting to see monuments, tanks on town squares and musea and wanting to hike accross the hills around Vielsalm. The beginning of the end right there....

Mies