Great CMMOS news! Please read carefully

OK, I got with Matt, the poor guy is so swamped with personal and work "stuff" he just couldn't get back with me. I do appreciate him taking time out to respond to me email.

But I got with Matt, ALL of these mods we have worked up, 110 now and counting, will be hosted at Matt's CMHQ site. SO we have a fast download site for these mods.

I am going to have to learn HTML to do this but Matt is going to teach me. Most of what is necessary will be, hopefully, cut and paste. Gordon has done his excellent job of setting things up and I am just walking along his path, thanks Gordo, we do miss you.

I will start this weekend so please give me time, and then some more time. It is going to take awhile to add 100+ mods, plus a description, plus a picture, plus make sure I have that mod in the right ruleset section. I also discovered that I made a serious error in putting some mods into th wrong rulset. For instance putting a dirty German tank into a ruleset for just German tanks. I don't think most people will care but it bothers me. I must check and recheck to make sure I haven't screwed up here and there.

Jeff and Marco are grabbing each and every mod they can, I am still working on AndrewTF's uniform mods for the Waffen SS. I finally got his SS split up into infantry, mech inf, and mountain and now must make CMMOS mods of them. I have decided for the 1944-45 grey M43 uniforms to add a few cuffbands for selected SS units. Only units that served in the Ost duirng 44-45 though. At least to my website source. This is an option only, CMMOS is great for that, so if you don't want to have the Das Reich or Totenkopf in your battles no problem. I want the cuffbands readable when close up so they might be a "bit" larger than normal but not excessively so. I will find out shortly if this is doable.

Now we are working so fast that we might forgotten to contact a modder to get his permission to CMMOS their work. If we did, my fault and I am sorry. Your work is repected and you get full credit for anything you did. I "might" make some changes here and there, for instance I made snow covered boots standard for snow uniform mods, but nothing major. Nothing in vehicles, at least for me.

MrNoobie's JS heavy tank mod works a treat. You can select any one of those options he factored in with a click then a click to install. In the game the right option is there, so cool!

Any modder that doesn't want his work done please let me know at desertcmt@attbi.com and I will delete your mod.

Any modder that might want to expand on his work please let me know and we can easily factor this in. Expanding might me adding options for certain divisions, adding battle damage, the choice is yours. CMMOS can handle it.

I also will give serious thought to combining some zipped files into a single zip. For instance Tracers winter Panthers is a good choice, KwazyDogs Panthers also work. Maybe all of AndrewTF's uniforms should be done. This will help DSL or cable people like myself. You will have to unzip the individual zips so you can install them into CMMOS however. I will also make these available as single files as well for those not blessed yet.

Am I missing anything?

Are there any mods you would like to see done? Contact me and give me a link. I can do a simple vehicle mod in a bout 15 minutes, includes time to eat a pizza.

We are grabbing everything we can at CM Mod Database, still the mecca for us, and thank them for their site!

Oh, there will be at least one NEW ruleset, German Uniforms. I might make the Russian ruleset available as well. I also have a ruleset I call "Private" ruleset. This is for CMMOS modders to work on their designs or for some that might want to create a ruleset but not release to the general community. You can create a mod and not worry about getting with me for a formal ruleset number. It is of no use to anyone else so you can safely ignore it.

For anyone wanting to create their own CMMOS mods for the general public let me know and I can assign you a ruleset number. I must make sure that no mods have the same numbers or else the second install mod will write over the first or not even show up. This is the same as two people trying to move into the same house!

Ok I got to get to work now. Think good thoughts and hold on to you hats. CMMOS is going to expand to cover essentially every mod now available.

MikeT