Moving in snow - ridiculous

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabron, this is very important. I know you feel that you're 'all better', and you don't like having to take the pills, but you need to take them every day according to the schedule you were given, or you'll keep having problems.

This is just something you're going to have to accept.

// Off topic .Semantic-and-strictly-neutral-post//

Re to Elvis :

Firstable, "cabron" is not a spanish word -with the local-variant exception related later in (2)-.

1)"Cabrón" -with an accented "o"- means:

a) Buck, or he-goat;

B) In a figurative+vulgar+insultant sense, the consenting-adultery husband; Also figurative, a bad intended person;

c) In Chile -localism (not the announced before)-, a ruffian.

2)"Cabron", pronounced //caaaaabronnnn//-closing mouth at ending and gritting teeht-: In Cádiz´s carnival jargon can be both a mild derogatory term and an admirative-envious sting. ((Carnival in Cádiz is a sort of "Peng city" ! ))

http://www.andalucia.com/festival/carnival-cadiz.htm

Past my bedtime, guys. Thanks for making a semi-dismal birthday into an <font size=22>EVENT.</font> :D

And a word of advice - the same one I gave about another poster in the General Forum - Cabron has revealed himself to be a troll. Maybe it's time to stop feeding him. It's embarrassing - I mean, this great intellectual is now reduced to "I slept with your mother" cracks?

This Canadian not only watches US TV, but admires the USMC. Most of us who have actually served do - the USMC are similar to the Canadian Army in outlook as has been pointed out in other threads.

I guess we are at the disadvantage because cabron is, ultimately, a coward who hasn't revealed anything about himself that we could use should we be childish enough to want to retaliate in kind.

But really, why bother?

Let him carry on with the fantasy that Battlefront is waiting with bated breath to incorporate his research into the new game engine. Perhaps he will actually play that one, it's clear he hasn't touched the current CM yet.

Unless I've missed the "interdiction" feature? ;)

Thanks guys. Grudging thanks to the Pengers who wished me a Happy BDay (which is more than the grogs did!)

And to drunken Bastables, for the email. Drink lots of water before bed and ... ah, hell, probably too late anyway.

Happy hangover.

Right, so he's either a smelly goat or a willing cuckold. Thanks for the research. I will add that to my grogly body of minutiae. Because, you know, I am clearly exposed as a grog. Oh yeah, it’s true you boys. Despite the fact that I rarely do anything but the most perfunctory research, I am clearly “one of you” and not just the exceedingly attractive wisearse you suspected me to be before.

Happy Birthday Mike!

I am always a day late in congratulating people.

Nice to see you had a party going too. :D That must beat having a date. I am sure the others will join me in hoping you managed to get 'Lilly Marleen the SS-Doll' safely stowed away before (he/she/it - cross out inapplicable) showed.

Originally posted by Goanna:

Because, you know, I am clearly exposed as a grog. Oh yeah, it’s true you boys. Despite the fact that I rarely do anything but the most perfunctory research, I am clearly “one of you” and not just the exceedingly attractive wisearse you suspected me to be before. [/QB]

No, breed of lizard, not true. Your participation in the thread on behalf of the imaginary "grogs" was what made me lump you in with them. Truth be told, this is the first time I've ever seen you on the forum.

And, let me do your homework for you. In Peru, "Cabron" means homosexual as does "cabro" in Chile. In Spain it means something entirely different as it also does in Argentina. In fact I can never keep it straight which countries regard it as a good thing or a bad thing. Incidentally, "cabro" is a male goat. If you're going to use a dictionary better learn how to spell. In Mexico, where I was born, "Cabron" is a word used in many ways. One can say, for example, "esta cabron" which means something is either bad or good depending on the context. Or you can say "cabronsisimo" when something is really bad or good, depending on the context. The word has an original meaning, but it is long lost. It sort of means "promiscuous male", but in modern Mexico where the machismo of old is crumbling, the word has become a bit of a joke. Amongst friends it is a good word, but you would never call your father "cabron" unless you wanted to start a war. Sort of like the Americans calling each other dude when very few of them are cowboys. Given the many meanings of the word it is one which must be used with some care and style. A good example would be the word "shag" which to me is a kind of rug, but in England is an important passtime.

[ September 19, 2003, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Cabron66 ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I guess we are at the disadvantage because cabron is, ultimately, a coward who hasn't revealed anything about himself that we could use should we be childish enough to want to retaliate in kind.

But really, why bother?

...and why would I reveal anything about myself. On this forum it simply provides stooges like Andreas with the means to make comments better

expressed by armpit noises.

Just as an experiment, Micheal, as you are a macadamian or an academic or whatever, let's see what happens with the little snippet of personal information I revealed in my preceding post. Any bets on how it will be utilized by the non-trolls?

Originally posted by Cabron66:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

But really, why bother?

...and why would I reveal anything about myself. On this forum it simply provides stooges like Andreas with the means to make comments better

expressed by armpit noises.

Just as an experiment, Micheal, as you are a macadamian or an academic or whatever, let's see what happens with the little snippet of personal information I revealed in my preceding post. Any bets on how it will be utilized by the non-trolls? </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

You have much to learn, grasshopper, before you can run with the Peng crowd [/QB]

Run with the Peng crowd? OK there, soldier boy, I'll just have to go out and learn to use more French words so I can sound as "avant garde" as you.

Incidentally, when you are out there "running with the Peng crowd", does it ever cross your mind how strange it is for a member of the United States Marine Corps to be hangin' with a bunch of guys whose only common trait is that they also "run with the Peng crowd"? I mean, defender of the mightiest nation on the planet one day, Peng challenge geek the next. What gives?

Ohhh how I love to see the whole world get along.

A belated Happy Birthday MD.

As for someone else your words say all we need to know.

John good post on the movement rates and it will be interesting to see what you think of that Jason.

Of course the whole snow debate is only useful for the next version of the game but if it does prove that it is over done then we shall end up with a better game.

Pity I have to wade through so much name calling.

:(

H

Originally posted by Holien:

Ohhh how I love to see the whole world get along.

[...]

Pity I have to wade through so much name calling.

:(

H

I second that. I have been visiting the CM forums since even before the CMBO beta demo days, reading lots of excellent threads (often from those people who have been so heavily attacked in this thread) and writing a few posts myself (on game issues, not on historic topics, I'm no WWII history expert). But I must say that lately a disappointing number of threads has quickly turned away from an educated discussion of a perfectly valid topic towards senseless name-calling.

With that in mind, I'm not really surprised that the Battlefront guys rarely participate in any discussions lately. I guess the good old days on this forum are over for ever. :(

Dschugaschwili

Dear Wordsmiths (including Cabron),

The meaning of cabron I was thinking of was the insult. As someone whose ex-wife was Puerto Rican I was exposed to many curses. It was my understanding that cabron was one of the worst.....at least in the Eastern USA part of the P.R. world. and I thought Mexico as well. The translation I always understood was an insult to someones manhood. A man who know his wife is cheating on him but doesn't do anything about it but allow it to continue.

Love,

Elvis

You can't lock it now! I never had a thread that was so much about me. Makes me feel special.

I would particularly like to thank Abbott for his warm words. And my parents. And the director. Sniff, I think I am going to start to cry. :D

But yes, the whole thing should probably just be locked down.

Hi Mom!

Originally posted by undead reindeer cavalry:

now this is unreal. i thought my posts were pathetic offtopic waste of bandwidth & human life, but this is degenerate even on my standards. i'm impressed.

What are you talking about? Goanna got called a Grog. That, alone, was worth the price of admission.

Snow! Snow! Snow!

For the luv of God, get back on topic will ya? It's forty-five degrees out today and we haven't got much time! Winter approaches and soon I'll be field testing these results personally!

Can we at least agree that snow is nasty white stuff that should remain in Canada? Preferably piled in Dorosh's driveway?

[ September 19, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]