Rumblings Of War III: A Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney

Javaslinger,

Understood. Your concern over being a reliable player is appreciated. Please sign up for the next tournament this summer if you can. We like reliable people. smile.gif

Liken,

I'm sorry. I forgot to update the replacement list. Your email has been received. You are on the list. Yours is the only new addition to the list since I last posted it somewhere not too far above.

ryddle,

Thanks for the info on Souljah1. I haven't heard from him yet however. Souljah1, please confirm!

To All,

The Boots & Tracks guys are hard at it. Our scenarios are well along in the testing phase now.

Have a Happy New Year because you are heading to the front very soon. Also, don't forget to inform your employers that you will be unavailable for the next several months due to this tournament. Priorities, gentlemen. It's all about priorities. :D

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveT,

Congratulations on your new job! There will be more tourneys later.

Lt. Bull is next on the replacement list and will be offerred DaveT's slot via email. If you are in Tourney III, Section 2 you will be notified when the new player is in place.

Tourney III, Section 4,

It was reported several days ago that Souljah1 was withdrawing. I have not heard from him on this. Has anyone in Tourney III, Section 4 heard from Souljah1 in the last couple days?

The up-to-date replacement list looks like this:

Replacement List:

1) Lt Bull (slot offerred)

2) Deadly 88

3) Shocktrooper

4) sgtabell

5) White4

6) Ace Pilot

7) Cuzn

8) Mark Gallear

9) Beckman

10) Diceman

11) Ivan_RU

12) Knaust

13) NotreDame89

14) Tanaka

15) Ratman

16) Liken

As Kingfish has reported, it won't be long now.

Treeburst155 out.

Tourney III, Section 2,

Lt Bull will be taking Dave Turner's slot.

To all those on the replacement list,

I have emailed Souljah1 to find out if he is withdrawing. I will do this several times over

several days. If he does not respond, I will replace him. Also, once the tourney begins (I send out the files) there is a good chance that a few will drop out, having "forgot all about it and don't have the time, etc.".

To All,

Sometime within the next 24 hours you will receive a schedule of games along with a contact list of all your opponents. We are that close now. It would be good if everyone would "reply all" to this email, just to make sure everyone is still on board. I would like to identify as many MIAs as possible, as early as possible.

Treeburst155 out.

Got the schedule, but mail to you Treeburst is bouncing...

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

<mikeman@cablelynx.com>

(reason: 553 5.1.8 <mikeydz@houston.rr.com>... Domain of sender address mikeydz@houston.rr.com does not exist)

Transcript of session follows

... while talking to mail.cablelynx.com.

>>> MAIL From:<mikeydz@houston.rr.com>

<<< 553 5.1.8 <mikeydz@houston.rr.com>... Domain of sender address mikeydz@houston.rr.com does not exist

501 5.6.0 Data format error

Mikeydz,

Yeah, my ISP is rejecting some emails AGAIN. The problem had stopped for awhile. This could be an issue when players try to send me game results and AARs. Let's hope they straighten it out before then. I will start a list of people I have email problems with, be it sending, receiving, or both. You, Mikeydz, are the first one on the list. Aren't you proud?!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Yeah, my ISP is rejecting some emails AGAIN. The problem had stopped for awhile. This could be an issue when players try to send me game results and AARs.

Not if you had a go-between...you know, someone reliable...willing to help...familiar with the tourney...wants to see it run smoothly.

Now where the hell are you going to find someone like that??? ;)

mPisi,

No need to confirm through email. I know you have your schedule. I'll put you down on my list of people I can't receive from. If we need to communicate we will go through Kingfish. Thanks, Kingfish!

Section 3-4,

Souljah1 has indeed withdrawn from the tourney. Deadly 88 has been offerred his slot. You will receive an updated schedule and contact list when the slot is filled. Everything will remain the same except the replacement will be listed wherever you currently see Souljah1.

To the Replacement List,

This is how things look at this time:

*) Deadly 88 (slot offerred)

1) Shocktrooper

2) sgtabell

3) White4

4) Ace Pilot

5) Cuzn

6) Mark Gallear

7) Beckman

8) Diceman

9) Ivan_RU

10) Knaust

11) NotreDame89

12) Tanaka

13) Ratman

14) Liken

Treeburst155 out.

Hey TB,

Our emails don't like each other again. Anyway, as we discussed I am going to be a late starter (mid-third week Jan) as we are moving and I will be without a computer.

My old address will be no good basically as of right now but I will contact you with the new one via e-mail or here.

The Capt,

You're on my list. As long as you can receive we're OK for now.

Tourney III, Section 4,

Deadly 88 will take over for Souljah1 in your section. You will receive an updated schedule and contact list soon.

SpineRipper,

You do not become a "member" of ROW. You become a veteran of Rumblings Of War Tournaments when you complete your first tournament. Veterans have first shot at filling open slots in new tournaments. Still, approximately 1/3 of the players are newbies in each tournament.

Treeburst155 out.

Can't we get going if at least one of the scenarios are ready? Seems like it would be handy to get a headstart, and the deadline could kick in when the last battle is released. A staggered start on the battles might be nice anyway, since there is usually more time spent in the setup and first few turns' orders.

Just wondering.

That's a rather excellent suggestion, TexasToast. I'll see if Boots & Tracks will release one or more scenarios while we wait for the last of them to get the B&T stamp of approval.

It will take me several days to send out all the files anyway.

Tourney 3-3,

Determinant has been forced to withdraw due to his work schedule. Shocktrooper has been offerred the slot. You will receive an updated schedule of games and contact list when the slot is filled.

The replacement list currently looks like this:

*) Shocktrooper(slot offerred)

1) sgtabell

2) White4

3) Ace Pilot

4) Cuzn

5) Mark Gallear

6) Beckman

7) Diceman

8) Ivan_RU

9) Knaust

10) NotreDame89

11) Tanaka

12) Ratman

13) Liken

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

That's a rather excellent suggestion, TexasToast. I'll see if Boots & Tracks will release one or more scenarios while we wait for the last of them to get the B&T stamp of approval.

Treeburst155 out.

No need, as I was monitoring this thread and caught TexasToast's suggestion. ;)

I have just gotten the go ahead from Scott, so expect at least 1 scenario heading your way within a couple of hours. I have 2 more ready to go. Let me know if you would want these as well.