ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 3)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen!

The subject of the upcoming patch has been brought up, and I think now would be a good time to address this issue. Because this is your tournament, the decision should be made by you. Therefore, I ask that you all vote on whether or not to upgrade your ongoing games to the 1.02 patch.

I would prefer that you e-mail me with your vote, rather than having this thread fill up with 72 'yes' or 'no' posts (I'm sure the guys at BFC would prefer it as well).

One quick point, I don't think the Nabla system would be affected by a patch upgrade. To Nabla, a 60-40 score is the same in 1.0, 1.01 or 1.02. However, as Mr Spkr pointed out, the way the game plays might be affected, and thus result in different games altogether. Something to consider when casting your vote.

Anyway, I want to see e-mails from all of you. Please pass the word around to the other members in your section and let them know.

Thank you

Just wanted to make a quick point before I vote.

This Tournament is not the only CMBB battles that I am playing. These other guys are going to Patch regardless of what I do. Plus any new battles that I start will be with guys who have patched. I will have to patch!

We have been waiting for weeks to get the patch...and now there is discussion that we would need to dangle the carrot in front of the Donkey until Easter? Plus put all other battles on hold too.

The patch is not going to be the All Powerful "I was winning but the Patch made me lose" be all and end all event of the year.

Play...Patch...and continue Playing. No Big Deal.

Deadly 88

Gents,

So far I've received about two dozen votes, with 'no patch' having a one or two vote lead. However, several of you have stated that, because of ongoing games outside of the tourney, you will be forced to upgrade regardless of the final outcome. This makes the tourney wide vote rather pointless, so there is no need to send me anymore votes.

Therefore, I'm going to leave the decision to upgrade to you to work out with your opponents.

As always, feel free to e-mail me if you want to discuss this.

Sergio

[ February 08, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Kingfish and fellow tournament participants,

at least in some previous patches it was feasible to run two different versions by having the old and new executable files. Considering this (and IMO the priority that this tournament should have on participants' gaming agenda) I think it is rather rude for anyone to say that they will install the patch no matter what the majority votes.

I was 'one' that stated, that I 'MAY' have to to patch because of other games in progress.

I don't think it is rude or inconsiderate.

I am currently playing in another tournament in which it is stated the scenario 'will' be played with the latest version. am i supposed to drop out of that tourny because ROW is more important?

what about my other opponents should they miss out on game with other people until our current games are finished because I'm in ROW?

should I miss out on other games until my participation in ROW is finished?

if it is decided that we will not patch, then I have the choice of continueing with ROW or not.

It seems to me we were given the chance to vote for or against (democracy I believe it is called) I voted 'for' and gave 'my' reason. I did not hold the tourny to ransom as is implied !

ROW 3-4 Progress:

# Rear_Guard_Action

Frenchy vs Space_Hamster

(progressing)

# Hosszupalyi

SuperSlug vs Frenchy

(Close to completion)

# The_Beast

Deadly 88 vs Frenchy

Complete

# The_Christmas_Battle

Frenchy vs Ryddle

(progressing)

# King_Of_Debrecen

Joe_Cz vs Frenchy

(progresssing)

You can easily run 2 versions of CMBB - one with, and one without the patch by using two .exe files.

Here is how to do it.

First, look in your CMBB folder and find the CMBB executable file, rename it to CMBBv1.01

Then rename the shortcut on your desktop to the same name.

Then when you run the patch it will make a new executable in your CMBB folder called CMBB1.02 or something similar (Depends what BFC decide to call it).It will not overwrite your 1.01 executable if you have renamed it from the default name.

Then make another shortcut on your desktop from the new 1.02 executable.

You can now play either version of CMBB by just clicking on the appropriate shortcut on your desktop - so you can play PBEM in either version, no problem.

CDIC

[ February 09, 2003, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Captitalistdoginchina ]

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells; Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills

Two games complete, 2 games 3/4 thru. 1 game not started.

The_Capt is still MIA tho he did have a post in this thread a bit ago.

Any news there The_Capt?

[ February 12, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Fate ]

Yawn....

After a quick start thanks to MD and Bertie everything is now ground to a halt (well nearly).

KR at least manages a turn a day, he is old and I understand his slow moves, a bit like a certain Aussie bowler who is back home.

;)

Tuomas has not replied in well over a week and I do hope you are OK to continue.

:(

The Cpl has promised a turn on Thursday and I do hope we can get some regular turns in after that date but I can understand if RL prevents it.

:rolleyes:

I shall in the meantime talk to me old Italian mate Knaust and see if he can play or perhaps that other nice T chap from Finland?

Knaust! Knaust! where for art thou....

:D

H

CDIC, thanks for the instructions -- am now running both 1.01 and 1.02.

Two games completed -- Hozziewhatchamacallit and KingMe in DoubleBreastedSuits. Christmas Roasting by the Cold Barbed Wire against Lord Dragon is almost over; Where the Heck Did Everyone Go against Matt Green is halfway finished; Beast is barely started -- have now received a couple of turns from Mikeydz in the past few days.

Steve

Holien has his turn, but then decided he would rather go to bed. I guess he was not in such a hurry after all. ;) Which is just as well as my men have security fears about the region and may refuse to play. ;)

Hozz with KR is progressing slowly. He is out there somewhere.

Christmas has closed for the holidays - Toumas is alseep or somefink.

Beasty and The King have been completed.