What kind of general are YOU?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Babra

ROFLMAO.

Now, I should be very, very flattered that I came out looking like none other than Robert E. Lee hisself, but I happen to KNOW that I'm much more in the mold of McClellan (unfortunately).

The test is skewed -- bizarrely.

U.S.Grant here guess my nickname fits after all :D <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I was kind of hoping for a real selection of generals, but besides Napoleon and perhaps Wellington, they just had a whole bunch of Americans. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah I wonder why there wasn't a wider variety to choose from?

I got George Washington. Only two others got him. One was fangorn and the other was Capt Canuck. It would be very interesting if these two people played CM the same way I do.

Here are a few questions for the other two George Washingtons:

1) Do you like playing allies or axis?

(I like the allies)

2) Which allied country do you play the most?

(I play brits the most)

3) Which game rules do you prefer? Short 75,

panther 76, recon, or CAL?

(I like Short75 or CAL)

4) Do you like maps that are light trees

with hills or Flat with no hills?

(I like light trees with hills)

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: catnip ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This quiz must be rigged. It says my answers match up with Benedict Arnold. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't confuse Arnold's unfortunate choices at the end of his American army career with his abilities as a General. He was, in fact, a superb combat general and is felt by many to be the REAL victor at Saratoga, Gates happened to be the overall commander and so got the lions share of the glory.

There is a great book on Arnold called, IIRC, "Dark Eagle".

I got Jones, though I didn't care for the choices in question 4.

Joe

The reason for the American bias is the show, History Channel, is American.

Also, I am sure they wanted to avoid controversy.

How come no one is Rommel, or Manstein?

How about Zhukov or Monty?

You see, in the good old USA, all history starts in 1776 smile.gif

It is also limited to our hemisphere or Europe. The entire Pacific War was fought at Pearl or Hiroshima.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

Patton, but I went back and re-answered the last question just to see how it would affect the outcome and it gave me bradley.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got Bradley--who may be the most common result? Some turn up much more than others do.

Anyway, I was interested to note that just that one difference in answer led to such different outcomes, since Brad & Blood & Guts seem like such opposites.

It's a toss-up for me.

I'm either Montgomery-- I make overly elaborate plans only to come near to botching the job.

Or I'm "cut 'em off and kill 'em" Powell from the Gulf War, where it only comes out later that I didn't really do as well as I told everyone I was doing at the time.