MAc users.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wanderer:

Ah how I loved my Mac.

But I weakened, and got a PC instead. And it had a better graphics card, so I was happy. Please forgive me<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heretic!!!!! Unclean!!! Be gone!!!! may a virus infect you and cause your keyboard to droop and your mouse to fall off.

iMac SE DV - so modded out that I have exceeded the resource limits in graphics 13 and 5 (I think - the half track sets) but smooth and nice as it is........

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see: I play primarily on my iMac SE DV, with 192 meg RAM and the old 8 meg ATI card. Actually plays very well, with lots of high-res mods (except for low-res grass).

Oh, yeah, I also have a tiBook with 256 meg RAM and the 8 meg card. :D It's a beautiful machine, but I actually like the iMac screen better for the purposes of CM.

I'll want to upgrade my desktop machine when CMBB comes out. Hope the drivers for the new graphics cards are working right by then...wouldn't want to have to buy an ATI Radeon on top of the stock geForce card.

Another Mac user here...

I run CM on my 9600 w/a G3/400 upgrade card. Up until very recently, I had an 8 MB Rage Pro graphics card that seemed to work very nicely with CM. This past week I pulled the Rage Pro and installed a Radeon in its place, and learned that the Rage Pro wasn't doing CM justice. Even without any mods installed, the Radeon enhanced CM is much prettier than the Rage Pro CM.

I've also run CM on my PB G3 with a G3/466 upgrade card. The built in RageLT graphics chip doesn't have sufficient power for CM, but it still runs nicely.

All in all, I'm a big fan of BTS and their games. I'm pleased that they're making their games for both Macs and PCs. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

Lurker

Gen One 233 Mhz iMac with 64 MBs of RAM and 2 MB VRAM on ATI Rage Pro. The game runs great, but only at 640 x 480. I have both Mac mod handlers, but I've been way too buried to do much. I do have the explosion mod installed, though. Am grateful the iMac doesn't realize it's below minimum BTS specs to operate the game.

Had a 350 MHz iMac on loan while some work was done on mine. Was very sad the day I had to return it.

Would love to be able to play the game at higher resolutions, but know I'm lucky to be able to play at all.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigdog:

G4 500 256MB sweet box :cool: BTW any of you guys runinning CM on OSX?

Big Dog

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Bigdog ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was under the impression CM didn't run on OSX do to rave(?) issues. It was also causing problems with writting CMBB for OSX so I believe we won't be getting CM for OSX until the next rewrite. Thats what I sawon a different thread. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (do I really need to say that?).

I don't know where the 25% number comes from , but I would definitely believe that we make up a much larger percentage of the users of CM versus the market share of the Mac.

Me.

Home: PowerCenter Pro 210, 128MB with Rage Orion 16MB

Work: iMac DV 400 196MB network

on the road: G3 400 Powerbook

CM runs great on all but I prefer the iMac screen the best.

You are correct (above) about the fact that CM will not run under on OSX at present. Don't worry though, someone will be along to save us as the OS gets adopted, they always are.

Nice story, Slapdragon...

LMAO

G4 400 Sawtooth

512MB RAM

32MB AGP Radeon Graphics card

Modded past comprehension

With completely separate installs for the Desert Rats

Another for Mod Testing

Another Plain Vanilla for when things get FUBARred

And soon to be another for the Normandy mod

Can't wait for CM:BB for an end to the mod limit on the graphics resource files!!

Since this thread is populated by MacGeeks, perhaps I can drop my query in here. I've got an iMac with an 8MB graphics card, and I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the graphics card to be able to play CMBB. After all, I only bought the computer to play CMBO.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I've got an iMac with an 8MB graphics card, and I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the graphics card to be able to play CMBB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible, but CMBB should run with 8MB's.

Bog standard iMac 350/64 and it works a treat at home, plus a standard iBook 333/64 to play with when I'm away. The only problem encountered was solved by upgrading to OS9.1. Since then I haven't visited the tech forum in 4 months. The game only goes funny after sleep, from which it rarely ever arises.

At home Beige G3 upgraded to 466Mhz, 128Mb RAM, 16Mb ATI Orion.

Work: G4, 256MbRAM with built in 16Mb ATI card.

On the road. G3 Powerbook, 320Mb RAM, 8Mb ATI mobility.

CM works great on all systems, although the endogenous ATI card on the G4 system has trouble with bigger maps with lots of smoke (very slow scolling). No problem with either of the other two systems.

Warren

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelU:

I guess that means I'll have to cut down on the mods though. What a pain. Time to look into a new machine. Cost of CM = £40 for game + £800 for computer. Good thing I spend so much time playing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would wait until it comes out. I ran CMBO on my iBook 300 w/4MB ATI, and modded to boot. Worked fine, and was not really recommended either.

new iBook, 256M ram, soon to be more (OSX really likes ram); OS9.1 for CM, OSX for everything else

had a 233 G3(beige), gave it to my dad when I upgraded.

great notebook computer, incredible screen.

only lament is 8M video ram, but it will still run CM:BB so that's ok.

lotsa mods, as you would expect, and, of course, I use MCM3 to mod the files. ;)

dave

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigdog:

G4 500 256MB sweet box :cool: BTW any of you guys runinning CM on OSX?

Big Dog

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Bigdog ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I have hard is don't try it.

:cool: