OK, so what ARE we supposed to talk about???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Well, what are we supposed to talk about?

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we can revive the thread about MGs not being able to run. Or discuss ad nauseam about the turret speed of a Panther under the control of an elite crew. Or my personal favorite, revive the ultimate niggle thread about the American Robin in the ETO.

Barring that, I guess we talk about CM and CM2.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSBoxer:

Keep pushing Maximus and they will shut down the boards again and suspend you. Grow up already.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our luck isn't that good. Besides, he does the nice mods, so he has special privileges (or so it seems sometimes).

We could talk about MadMatt's baldness? Or perhaps his lack of head-hair. Maybe we could say something about the hardware [razor] and software [shaving cream] he uses to keep it free of nubbs of incoming folicular sprouts? I for one am less hirsuite than I was at say, 25, but still sport enough growth to prevent a sunburn. I also refuse to buy special foaming goo as I find there is nothing better than good old Dove (with one quarter clensing cream) for a really close shave without irriation or razor burn. I also shave in the shower - without a mirror.

Bet that last line will really set the cat among the pigeons!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSBoxer:

Keep pushing Maximus and they will shut down the boards again and suspend you. Grow up already.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, sorry that someone might want to talk about the possible start of WWIII.

This is a board about WWII and a tactical game, yet we can't discuss the beginning of WWIII? Yet we can make any comment we want about Pearl Harbor.

Doesn't anybody besides me find this as a little bit hypocritical? all because they don't have the time to monitor the discussions?

As far as the old missile defense system discussions, see my new sig....

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

This is a board about WWII and a tactical game, yet we can't discuss the beginning of WWIII?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, precisely. This is a board about WWII and a tactical game. You can't discuss the beginning of WWIII here. What part of what BTS just told you didn't you understand?

You are very welcome to discuss it elsewhere, and there are lots of opportunities to do so. In fact, you would be doing a public service for BTS and the CMBO community if you found some other bboard that was holding such a discussion, and posted a link to it back here. That way all of us who haven't gotten it out of our systems yet, or want to discuss it with total strangers, can go and do so. How about you do that, instead of stirring up trouble and getting either (a) yourself banned (best option), or (B) the boards shut down again (worst option)? Do something FOR the game, instead of AGAINST it.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Well, Maximus I agree with you 150% ( not the hypocritical thing ) about needing to vent/discusss the you know what. I know I personally tryed our forum every hour over the last couple of days wanting/needing to talk to everybody here about it and was so relieved when it came back up but I do understand Steve's position about having to monitor it and would rather them concentrate on getting CM2 out then that. But of course we all are disappointed about the gag order but they the boss. So, I'm going to the lake. See you all Monday.

It's worth reminding ourselves from time to time that we are here as Battlefront's guests. They are not obliged to provide a board, though it may be in their interests to do so. They set the rules and if we don't agree with them (and I have not always done so) we can go somewhere else. It's really that simple.

I for one missed the board while it was shut down. This is, by and large, a bunch of guys (and let's not forget the gals either smile.gif ) that I enjoy hanging out with.

Now about those fire lanes for MGs...

Michael

I may get my two weeks for this, but c'est la vie.

I agree completely with BTS' position - this board is not the place for discussing what happened.

To put my position in some context, I'm from New York. Grew up in Brooklyn. I used to be able to see the twin towers from my bedroom window.

I'm in London at the moment, and I don't know when I'll be able to get home. Apparently they've resumed some commercial flights into the city, but I simply have no idea what's going on. My brain has pretty much shut down in any case.

One thing I'm certain of is that we need, all of us, and certainly those of us directly affected by the events of the last week, to return to normalcy as soon as possible. There will be plenty of time for soul-searching, for speculation, for justice, and for grieving.

But not here.

I know that some of you probably don't understand this. That's not my concern, to be honest. I can open any newspaper in England, turn on any television program, tune in any radio, and news of last week's tragedy will be at the forefront. There need to be places where it won't be. And this is as good as any.

I'd request that, whatever your personal feelings, you not make this the place for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

[QB]I also shave in the shower - without a mirror.

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do I, but usually finish up my chin by shaving in the toilet. I immerse my bleeding mug into the murky depths. I then scrape any gnarly scrub off the edges of my face. Finish up with readily available TP against any spurting wounds. It may be wierd but at least I am not bald. Thats the real horror. Especially when you shave your head in a desperate attempt to look cool but people see the demarcation of nubs and skin way back on the head.

Speaking of which. Did they drain ModMatt dry? He gave blood for almost 4 days it seems.

Lewis

PS Oh yeah, its miller time heah.

I agree with BTS's general gag order. BUT.... The Peng tread is due for a renewal soon. Who ever said it has to be the not-so-serious BS venting tread every time ?

The names of the tread have always been a joke but if it was named something like "A Peng challenge that changed the world" and there was a silent agreement that this time we dispence with the bull and stick to more serious matters while keeping it unlocked by being polite for a change perhaps BTS will let it live.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: tero ]