CM:BB Release Announcement

How are they going to announce the release? There wont be TV commercials Im geussing, so are they just going to post a new spot on the (really outdated) Battlefront.com site? Will they throw us 'boarders a lil' announcement? It will probably be big news around the wargame web, but who gets official notice first? How did they do it the first time? Will I chew off my own foot in anticipation? Anyone want to take bets on a release date?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I'll take good odds on you chewing off your foot in anticipation. ;)

Just try to relax. I'm pretty sure the release will be announced on the forum, probably even before it's announced on battlefront.com

BTW, aren't you getting ahead of yourself a bit. CMBB isn't scheduled for release until very late this year (December) at the earliest. In other words, it'll be done when it's done.

Dogface, BTS stated that the release of CMBB will be announced by e-mail to each member of the forum starting with the lowest member number and working up. They will have 6,500 copies printed in the first run with 10,000 more copies to be available about a month later. So just relax and wait along with the rest of us.

[sound of head being repeatedly banged against desk]

I've spent 10 wonderful months lurking this forum without ever bothering to register (just lazy I guess). Now I'll end up with a high member number and getting my copy of CM:BB a month later! The horror! The desolation!

That'll teach me... A LIFE OF LURKING DOESN'T PAY.

[sound of foot being chewed off while still banging head against desk]

...still, the wife will be pleased...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Dogface, BTS stated that the release of CMBB will be announced by e-mail to each member of the forum starting with the lowest member number and working up. They will have 6,500 copies printed in the first run with 10,000 more copies to be available about a month later. So just relax and wait along with the rest of us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Hey Upham [and everybody else], careful you don't step in all the bull****!"

Nice one, Ryan :D

What will really happen is that BTS will create an obscure little thread that forum regulars will notice but others won't. Then the regulars will melt down Battlefront computers with orders. 10-14 days after that a few will start getting their copies and post feverishly to the forum. In fact, "I got mine" posts will last for at least 30 days. This will aggravate those who haven't "got theirs". The latter will bitch and moan and start threads for the downtrodden who have not yet received the game. Just about the time the "where's mine?" threads slip out of view the bug threads will have become fairly prominent and long. Much of this will be caused by people who don't read the manual. All through this period will be endless "thank you" posts to BTS for their great game. This is really unnecessary. You bought the game. That's all the thanks they need. If you really want to thank them, buy a second copy. Now THAT'S a "thank you".

The bug threads will be interesting. There will be three different types.

1)Those bug threads started because people don't read the manual. These are obviously not bugs.

2)Obvious bugs that BTS will fix very quickly.

3)Perceived bugs having to do with unit behaviour. These are the interesting ones because people will spend weeks trying to convince BTS they have modelled something wrong. BTS will resist changes with extreme vigor; a vigor matched only by the tenacity of the proponents of some change. It is possible some changes will go into a patch as a result of these "Grog Wars".

That's how it will happen.

Treeburst155 out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Dogface, BTS stated that the release of CMBB will be announced by e-mail to each member of the forum starting with the lowest member number and working up. They will have 6,500 copies printed in the first run with 10,000 more copies to be available about a month later. So just relax and wait along with the rest of us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is one of the most brilliant bits of scuttlebutt I've seen on this forum. You're a legend, Ryan.