CM:BB Release Announcement

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

I've noticed lately a few people with lower member numbers than BTS, like Ben Galanti at #38. How on earth did that happen?<hr></blockquote>

Ben Galanti comes before Big Time Software alphabetically. I believe this forum used to use completely different software and when the transfer to UBB was made the member numbers were reassigned alphabetically. However, IIRC, we didn't even have member numbers until the software version was upgraded a few months ago so that BTS would have a fair way of announcing the release of CM2 to the forum members.

Well I'm confused. Why do they need a "fair" way to announce via email the arrival of the game? Why not write a small routine, in say Access or VB, that automatically sends out the email to everyone at the same time? Sending out 10,000 emails should take no more than a couple of hours. We do this every week.

Gosh, it's amazing how a rumor suddenly turns into truth three pages further... as far as I know BTS never announced that it would notify by member numer or something like that. Moreover, those member numbers don't mean much as has been mentioned previously. Not only were they assigned alphabetically initially, there were also at least one or two crashes during the history of this forum when people had to re-register etc.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

...., we didn't even have member numbers until the software version was upgraded a few months ago so that BTS would have a fair way of announcing the release of CM2 to the forum members.<hr></blockquote>

LOL Ryan, literally. This one has a life of its own apparently.

Soldiers,

Actaully I was wonderign about the realase myself. If theres a demo, people will care a lot less about the release, since once it happens they will already have had some experince playing CM2. I think BTS should keep it a complete seceret, and keep building to a much farther off realse date then neceasery (with no demo to), and then pop it on us. One simple thread, from BTS with the title:

"ITS OUT PUNKUS!"

It fits with what there doing now, Ie giving us NO info, and then dropping stuff on us. Im all for it!

Im surprised this thread is still hogging the top of the list. What's the problem here? What prevents BTS to announce the game the same exact way they announce anything else, like CMBB screenshots or CMHQ updates?

Im betting they will update the new on the BTS site that no one but newbies visit anymore, and post a big fat messege here on the forum. That's it, problem solved. Word of mouth will do the rest, just like with the first game.