Poor customer service, poor communications.

Ordered CM a few days ago. All I received was the automated message saying that the order has been received.

I live in Ohio, and assumed it would be here by now.

I have sent numerous emails to every possible email address listed on their website, and I got no responses. All I am asking is if my order had been shipped yet.

No phone numbers, just a POBox somewhere in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine. I have always said never deal with a company that doesn't list a telephone number.

I'm not saying they are crooks, I'm just saying it's bad business.

How hard can it be for one of them to respond saying order# has been shipped or not.

I am tempted to go download the warez version of CM.

God, Relax!

I live in Cali and mine took 2 weeks to get home. Some of you have no patience at all. And saying you will downalod the warez version will get you flamed bad. That is not a smart thing to say around here.

It will get there, if you have problems contact MADMATT he deals with customers service.

BTS's customer service is the best of any other game compny in the world. Go to any other game company's website and see how long it takes for the to respond, NEVER!!! Just try going on some other game company's forum and see if you get a response from them, no never.

So relax, be patient, you are the only with problems and question and/or comments. BTS will respond give it time. And learn some manners and patience while you're at it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by corn55:

Ordered CM a few days ago. All I received was the automated message saying that the order has been received.

I live in Ohio, and assumed it would be here by now.

I have sent numerous emails to every possible email address listed on their website, and I got no responses. All I am asking is if my order had been shipped yet.

No phone numbers, just a POBox somewhere in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine. I have always said never deal with a company that doesn't list a telephone number.

I'm not saying they are crooks, I'm just saying it's bad business.

How hard can it be for one of them to respond saying order# has been shipped or not.

I am tempted to go download the warez version of CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTS if by far the most responsive of any software developer out there. Please be patient and I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. If nothing else, send MadMatt a quick email.

BTS please fix or do somefink!

Ooooh, Aaaah. Negative comments about BTS on this site! That's almost as dangerous a bad-mouthing L.Ron Hubbard in front of Tom Cruise!

You may getting itchy waiting for the game, but considering the cult-like status of this chat group SOMEBODY out there seems to be happy with the service. If you think it's a long wait now you should've have been here at the start when BTS sold out their entire stock TWICE and we had to all sit on backorder! The agony!

It's not the waiting, it's the lack of communication.

No telephone number for a business. This is very odd. What happens when you actually have to speak to someone I have no idea.

No street address. Very odd.

I know someone received my emails, but they decide to just ignore it, when all they gotta do is look up the order # and say yes or no, it has been shipped.

Wow, someone needs to take the patience pill.

I waited over a month (possibly six weeks?) to get my copy last year. I think they sold out at least twice. But trust me, it was worth the wait. For such a small development house (that happens to have produced a very superior product), I actually thought the response time was pretty good.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

Paulus

I know someone received my emails, but they decide to just ignore it, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't know for sure...have you ever been

buried under emails when you also have a lot

of other work to do? It's not like you

actually mean to neglect anyone but they

don't all get a fast answer. Maybe someone's

down with the flu...there are all kinds

of possible explanations.

--Rett

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Steve, who is handling this primarily, has been out for a couple of days and your email might be number 200 on the waiting list. The procedure of shipping is outsourced as far as I know, so Battlefront really has little impact on how long it takes for the game to reach you. The ordering system is automated, too, so once you got the confirmation, you can safely assume that it's in process.

It's not the waiting, it's the lack of communication.

No telephone number for a business. This is very odd. What happens when you actually have to speak to someone I have no idea.

No street address. Very odd.

I know someone received my emails, but they decide to just ignore it, when all they gotta do is look up the order # and say yes or no, it has been shipped.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, there are only four guys(and deanco, a board member they got to do the interface). so using one guy as a secretary would leave one less for the programming, 3-d models, art, and research (most cross over)

No, the whole thing is a scam. They run off with our hard earned money and all we are left with is the best computer wargame ever. :cool:

Assuming BTS is not out of stock, I would bet that you receive your copy by Saturday. If not, it could take longer.

Just be glad you didn't order it right when it was released. I waited over a month for my copy. With each passing day, the anger and frustration mounted. Finally, after a long days work, a small package protruding from my rusty mailbox could be seen shimmering in the afternoon sun. It had finally come. I can tell you this right now, all that wait made the arrival of that oversize white envelope even better. So relax, It'll get there.

Actually I responded to you twice already Corn. Once to get your order number and the second time to tell you that orders ship within 24-48 hours.

To say that you have heard nothing when in fact you replied to my first email is not at all truthful.

All this is spelled out quite clearly in the order confirmation email.

You ordered on the 14th, today is the 16th you have GOT to have some patience it will arrive in the next few days.

By the way threatening to download the warez version aint gonna win you any "Good Neighbor" points in my book.

Madmatt

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Corn55-

As a newbie to the game (and this forum), I've tried to discipline myself to do more reading and less writing here until I'm more up to speed, but I feel obligated to contribute to this thread.

I, too, ordered CM recently but I had a GREAT customer service experience. I got an email confirmation from BTS within a few hours of my order that included, along with other useful information(1) that in stock orders ship within 1-2 business days of receipt, and (2) a list of shipping times to various U.S. and international locations - in my case, for the U.S. east coast, 3-5 days. Simple arithmetic allowed me to conclude that I should expect my order in 4-7 days, and maybe a day or two more if one of the shipping days was a weekend when the post office doesn't deliver. Everyone's idea of "a few" days is different, but I would generally consider 7 days to be more than "a few" - more like a week, in fact...

Also included in the email was a sentence stating that "The number of unnecessary emails we are receiving every day is seriously harming our ability to respond to emails that truly need our timely attention", and later another sentence stating "Unless you hear from us about a problem, or your order is significantly overdue(see below) [referencing the ship times], everything is OK!" You must have gotten a different email, because mine also said "PLEASE read this information" at the top of the message.

Anyway, my order arrived within expected time frame. I live in New York City and mail boxes are rather small. The day my order arrived, it was about 100 degrees out. Some overzealous Postal Clerk crammed my precious new CM CD into my mailbox along with the rest of my mail. and bent the CD. That's right - bent. I guess the high heat made the plastic supple enough to warp. My CD looked like a potato chip.

I actually eventually got the CD to mount by (believe it or not) putting it between two towels and ironing it back flat. before I accomplished this, though (there was a few other, less successful attempts at flattening the CD first) I emailed BTS about my problem, and within 24 hours Matt (I assume Madmatt) responded that a new CD would be sent out immediately (I received it about a week later). They didn't even make me send back the old CD. So I now have two working CDs of CM. Talk about trust. I sincerely doubt Microsoft or Sierra or Microprose would so freely give out additional copies of their software.

I do many jobs, but I often work as a freelance public relations representative. I have, in the past, worked for a couple of software game companies. For a 4-man operation that I'm sure can't afford my daily rate, BTS does remarkably well. They may not be able to respond to annoying emails instantaneously, but they get the important things done - they have made an excellent product, and they stand behind it. That's good enough for me.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: YankeeDog ]

corn55,

You pretty much answered your own question.

BTS is not making CM to make money. Their sales won't cover all the costs. (I know this info is kept secret, but it isn't hard to figure out smile.gif )

Enjoy the game when you get it, it is worth every penny.

BTW you won't be able to find CM on warez, it is just not the kind of game average Joe Sixpack plays. Just because some group released it, doesn't mean it is still out there ;)

I am most surprised to hear of your plight.

I for one was very shy to part with my money to a company thousands of miles from my home.

I am from Australia and I can tell you that I have been most impressed with the service provided by Big Time Software. After ordering the game I had it in the palm of my hands within 2 weeks. Not only that but within a week of making the order I emailed and received advice that my purchase was on its way.

Thanks Big Time Software. Ready to do business with you again with CM2

dima, by what logic do you arrive at your conclusion re: CM's sales not covering costs? This game has gone into backorder (ie BTS sold every CD they had) several times. I really don't believe they'd set out to produce a product that would lose money even after such higher-than-anticipated sales.

Remember, this is a 2-man (well, more now working CM:BB but 2 men developed CM) company, so their overhead consists of research materials, imported beer, and oil for the Weasel.

DjB

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Doug Beman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grey Fox:

Learn this lesson well. Never criticize BTS

on this site.It just isn't done without immediate and voluminous rebuttal by a sycophantic chorus. By the way I do agree the game is superb and worth the wait-but don't criticize.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is just a complete load of bollocks! I don't see any sycophantic chorus in the 25pdr thread nor in a number of others about "mistakes" in the game. By and large (with a few feral exceptions) posts are addressed on their merits. I wasn't at all prompted to respond to this thread until I read your viewpoint. It's fairly obvious that you haven't read the thread very closely:

corn55 wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have sent numerous emails to every possible email address listed on their website, and I got no responses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madmatt (head conductor of BTS sycophantic choir) wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Actually I responded to you twice already Corn. Once to get your order number and the second time to tell you that orders ship within 24-48 hours.

To say that you have heard nothing when in fact you replied to my first email is not at all truthful.

All this is spelled out quite clearly in the order confirmation email.

You ordered on the 14th, today is the 16th you have GOT to have some patience it will arrive in the next few days.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Someone's lying. Either Madmatt is a sleazy underhanded obfusticator or corn55 was a very spoilt child. Take your pick.