CM2 FAQ - All You Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PL,

I strongly believe you have seen the shots @ CMHQ I suggest you update the vechicle spot list.

And if you check the forum at CGO, there has been some talks on Mod transfers. I think people would like to know it.

...and so is the "order server" smile.gif

Check also for the official abbreviations fo the title "CMBB" and that it is not "CMB2B". I think it is to avoid to fallout of the TMT bubble.... :D

"This is not a BUMP."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys for having a real question...

As an ASL player (please forgive me) and a fan of plastic armor kits (forgive me again)i am interested in russian armor. AFAIK there were 60some T-35 used during 1941 around Kiew and later at Moscow. These tanks were equipped with five turrets, a 76mm turret located at the top center and four turrets around, 2 with a 45mm and two with a MG.

Could this Tank be designed within CMBB ? And if, is it possible to control this monster with target assignments for single turrets ? The T-28 was of similar design, being equipped with 2 MG turrets. Maybe that the MG turrets could be simulated in other ways, but the 3 bigger guns on th T-35 would be interesting to use.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rodimzew:

Sorry Guys for having a real question...

As an ASL player (please forgive me) and a fan of plastic armor kits (forgive me again)i am interested in russian armor. AFAIK there were 60some T-35 used during 1941 around Kiew and later at Moscow. These tanks were equipped with five turrets, a 76mm turret located at the top center and four turrets around, 2 with a 45mm and two with a MG.

Could this Tank be designed within CMBB ? And if, is it possible to control this monster with target assignments for single turrets ? The T-28 was of similar design, being equipped with 2 MG turrets. Maybe that the MG turrets could be simulated in other ways, but the 3 bigger guns on th T-35 would be interesting to use.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already been discussed hereabouts. BTS has indicated they will not be including any of the multiple turret tanks (including the T-35 and the American Grant) because limitations in the game's coding make the accurate modeling of multiple main guns on one or more targets very difficult (perhaps impossible - I'm not sure - it's been a while since this topic came up).

I too am disappointed - that would have been a fun one to see rolling across the battlefield.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rodimzew:

Could this Tank be designed within CMBB ? And if, is it possible to control this monster with target assignments for single turrets ? The T-28 was of similar design, being equipped with 2 MG turrets. Maybe that the MG turrets could be simulated in other ways, but the 3 bigger guns on th T-35 would be interesting to use.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't have to feel "sorry" about this. This is a valid question and just like Finns, it is one of the wanted units in CMBB. Where is PL anyway?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oh fine, bump bump bump BUMP ok?!?! I swore an oath to let this FAQ sink into squalor until some new REAL info came out, but I am tired of waiting so ((deep breath <big>BUMP!!!</big><hr></blockquote>

perhaps i should have done some psych tests before handing over the reigns, eh, panzer leader? tongue.gif

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

PL,

I suggest this should be CMBB:FAQ, rather than CM2 cos you know, CM2 is something involving game engine rewrite....

Just come across this after so many moons!<hr></blockquote>

Griffin, ya git, you mean CM II not CM 2. CM 2 is CMBB; CM II is the engine rewrite. Right? Right!

Hi all, just thought I'd bump this.

Sorry but I'm too lazy to look through the pages of this faq-most of which is people bumping it up rather than the actual fact itself.

I've been away from teh CM scene for quite a while so I was wondering if there was any known release dates for CM 2 and whether or not anyone knows of any good previews of it on any sites.

My second question is, what is this ASL thing that everyone keeps talking about the on the forums? Some kind of uber oldschool wargame I assume?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Canuck:

ok just answer the part about ASL<hr></blockquote>

ASL stands for Advanced Squad Leader by Avalon Hill. From what I understand it had a role in the creation of Combat Mission, as BTS was originally working to create a computer version of ASL (or maybe it was just Squad Leader, the slightly simpler precursor). Anyway, Avalon Hill was bought out by Hasbro, BTS's contract/arrangement disappeared, so they decided to do a new game in the same vein but not tied to any of the uniquely ASL conventions. The result, after much blood, tears, and sweat, is CMBO.

If you want to play the premier WWII tactical board game, play ASL. If you want to play the premier WWII tactical computer game, play CMBO.

I remember when this board was first started up (pre-UltimateBB). It was all about open discussion of the features that were going into the game. Whenever Steve and Charles had the time, they gave us info on new features and tried to answer our questions/fears. I did not envy them - we gave them A LOT of grief!

I liked the board back then. Which is why I find Maddmatt's little "teasers" so annoying and unhelpful. To Matt: If you are going to take the time to post, give us some actual information. New information on the game stirs debates and some great ideas come from such debates. I always thought of it as a check and balance on for Steve and Charles, who learned a lot from the debates the first time around - even if they got sucked into defending their positions for days at a time. The cool thing was that they lost some of these arguments and changed some game features based on the posts.

These "teaser posts" go against what I thought a big part of Big Time was about: staying in touch with the players. This teaser stuff feels like Big Time is purposefully trying to keep the players out of the loop. This is in stark contrast to the way it used to be in the beginning, and I don't think it is intended.

i.e. Matt, in honor of the CMBO development process, if you know what the feature/fix is going to be, then tell us about it!

...please? smile.gif