CM2 FAQ - All You Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PL have these questions been asked?

Will I have the ability to give my Guns "Armor" target ONLY orders. So they will not reveal themselve firing at soft targets?

Is there any plans to change the AAR at the end of the game... like adding details of the fight, scenario name, map settings, etc?

Thanks PL and BTS!

One question: I'd heard that for CM2, all the members of the squad, for infantry, would be modeled, instead of the 3 men representation that you used for CM.

However, in the screenies for CM2, the Soviet soldiers are of the old CM 3 man type. While not a big deal, really, I'd wondered if this had changed back to the old CM style, or are you still going to do the full squad visualization?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfshook:

One question: I'd heard that for CM2, all the members of the squad, for infantry, would be modeled, instead of the 3 men representation that you used for CM.

However, in the screenies for CM2, the Soviet soldiers are of the old CM 3 man type. While not a big deal, really, I'd wondered if this had changed back to the old CM style, or are you still going to do the full squad visualization?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not true. They will stay as 3 graphic men squads. I don't know where you heard that but they never were going to change that in CM2. They said they mite for CM3 or maybe CM4 if even then.

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

I'd like some simple way to reference locations on the map. I had a QB going and my opposite # said "Boy, I hate that squad"

Me: "Which one?"

He: "The one that killed 3 of my squads"

Me: "Where?"

He: "The building"

Me: "Which building"

You get the idea... If we could say AA -13

at least we could focus a little. smile.gif

i tear panzer leader's scenario a new one: read the incoherent aar (with massive <big>spoilers</big>, <big>weaknesses</big>, and of course

<big>rants</big>)

see the longest "ahhhhhhhhh" in forum history!

try and decipher russellmz's code:

"F-CKING"

recoil in horror at russellmz's dark side: "I ENJOYED HIS QUICK TRIP TO HELL!"

<small><small><small>bump</small></small></small>

Bits from the CG Online preview!!

1) "...Many Soviet units were filled with untrained farmers. "Right out of the field, they could probably lift a tractor up and see what's underneath it..."

This sentence clearly states that CM2 will feature units which I can only describe as "uber-Russians". One can only imagine the earth-shattering battles that will occur when these clash with their northern cousins, the "uber-Finns".

2) "Vehicle morale is an option in the sequel, though, for players who want the added challenge—and potential frustration—of letting their digital soldiers have more of a mind of their own."

We already knew that there would be vehicle morale, but I didn't know it was to be optional! The more custimization to one's own tastes, the better!

3) "...and many artillery spotters will have to rely on field telephones, so if they move they won't be able to call in artillery any more."

Now that's something I haven't heard of before, but damn do I like it!!!

4) "Their next project is still up in the air, though a complete rewrite of the game engine is on tap for 2002-03."

[girlish sing-songt mode] Tee-hee! We've got a date for CMII, we've got a date for CMII...[/girlish sing-song mode]

5) "One possibility is that Battlefront will release the Mediterranean game as Combat Mission 3, using the Combat Mission 2 engine, and then do the complete rewrite as a combination West Front and East Front game. Another is to do the Mediterranean title with the new engine."

Sweeet!