Bone Thrown..Now Come And Get It Ya Thankless Gits! 4 New CMBB Screenshots on CMHQ!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great screenshots.

Found that one shot with the T-35/85s in the snow interesting. A squad of conscripts fighting in 1944. What are the odds on that? Hope there aren't too many of those type of scenarios in 1944, since its occurance would be about as common as meeting up with Tigers in WWII. Or were you guys just testing the 'mass attack' coding.

Nice catch on the 11 men 8 weapons thing. I think that was just a mistake as at the time those interface graphics were taken some of that stuff were just place holders.

If we can keep the polys down I know we do plan on having a few models with the cupola mounted DShk MG shown (which look totally badass by the way!)

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Hey, Matt, there's only TWO new screenies !

The 2 others (1st and last on the site) were ALREADY published 1 MONTH AGO by VaeVictis, French Wargame mag (where I humbly contribute), you gave them to Net4war, your European distributor ...

:D:D:D

So for once we in France had the news BEFORE THE U.S. !! AH AH AH :D:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont listen to him Madmatt...He is French!!!

Also, what about someGerman pics eh???

Looks great! All the textures are a beauty, skies and trees especially.

Those T-34/85's looked like BT's to me. I've never seen a T-34 with such a huga gap between the turret and hull!

Also, I hope for our next picture set, BTS can show us some of the new building models. Maybe some city fighting - if they are up to that part yet.

ParaBellum,

Strange, the pic works fine for me. Die, evil fascists, die!

Hehe, guys...guys, I am pretty sure that Matt mentioned that these screen shots were work in progress, and in fact that T-34 turret was changed about 2 months ago, along with almost every other Russian model since. You will note that the rear lower hull of the IS-2 is way off, for instance.

Hehe, and you guys wonder why we havnt shown you too many screen shots yet smile.gif

Dan

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xavier:

Great, but these screenshots aren't new for everybody on this planet ;)

Is there such a space between the turret and the hull of the T34-85 ?(I'm talking about the high turret ring). If so, is there a particular reason for this design ? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed that as well. I hope it will be corrected in the final release. I also noted that lack of "hang" on the upper-run of track on the SU-85.

Apart from that minor quibble, it looks quite impressive.

If that is indeed a rear turret MG mount, will the firing effects (ie to the rear turret arc) be modeled? I think there was some discussion a while back about the rear turret mg's of some Russian tanks, back when the multiple turreted AFV's were being discussed as well.

Looks wonderful, great job by all of you. My iMac looks to be a CMBO only machine as CMBB will likely overtax my measly 8mb of Vram. :(

I also was struck by the towering turret ring and am glad that these tattered pictures are indeed old and moldy... :D

Anyway thanks for the wonderful tidbits of the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Nice catch on the 11 men 8 weapons thing. I think that was just a mistake as at the time those interface graphics were taken some of that stuff were just place holders.

If we can keep the polys down I know we do plan on having a few models with the cupola mounted DShk MG shown (which look totally badass by the way!)

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank god. It's such a small thing but I really want that DShK MG on my IS-2s. I have a model of a an IS-2/Model '44 with the DShK MG. It really does look like a nasty thing to face against. Will the Soviet helmets be made to look more like Soviet helmets (with that slight elongated section at the ears)?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ellros:

If that is indeed a rear turret MG mount, will the firing effects (ie to the rear turret arc) be modeled? I think there was some discussion a while back about the rear turret mg's of some Russian tanks, back when the multiple turreted AFV's were being discussed as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The very question I wanted to ask...

Isn't it nice not having Maximus come in and say something silly like instead of what we all say

"wow great pics, I can't wait"

maximus translation

"Not bad, but I find the t-34 is to dark and I would make it more olive green, and that grass!! who did it?? I have a better idea to make it more "fluffy" and stuff.. bla.."

BTS, kudos to you all on the great work! I won't do it, but here is Mace to give you a big fat harry kiss

*MMMMUUUHA!* :D:D