Expert(or very damn good) defender requested

I want to beat up some really good players, I have not played multiplayer before, but dont worry, I will surly wipe the floor with you. Then, I'll laugh, and listen to you when you come crying saying your Tiger should not have been taken out, and that if only it had survived you would have won. HAAA, im so crazy. Anyway, really, anyone who wants to play let me know, and we can figure something out. Regards.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

Hey CombatGeneral, go the general forum to the "Who needs tactical nukes" thread. Say this same thing to the guy named Fionn :D . BTW all, he did in fact make an appearance today.<hr></blockquote>

Just few minutes ago, when walking past an old barn, I noticed a bright star above it and angels flying down from heaven. I peeked inside and saw the rebirth of Jesus Christ. I thought I'd come here to tell about it, but I guess it's irrelevant compared to this! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sergei:

Just few minutes ago, when walking past an old barn, I noticed a bright star above it and angels flying down from heaven. I peeked inside and saw the rebirth of Jesus Christ. I thought I'd come here to tell about it, but I guess it's irrelevant compared to this! :D <hr></blockquote>

That's the funniest thing I've read for a long, long time. :D:D:D

Regards

Jim R.

CombatGeneral,

If available (each is curently battling the other),

both Kingfish and Holien are quite capable of making you wish you hadn't mouthed off so soon. Both are fierce on defense. I'm equally certain that CDIC could ruin your day, too, though I haven't directly encountered him on defense. I'm pretty nasty myself on defense, but am scrambling to cover multiple tourney commitments right now.

Regards,

John Kettler

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Kettler:

CombatGeneral,

If available (each is curently battling the other),

both Kingfish and Holien are quite capable of making you wish you hadn't mouthed off so soon. Both are fierce on defense. I'm equally certain that CDIC could ruin your day, too, though I haven't directly encountered him on defense. I'm pretty nasty myself on defense, but am scrambling to cover multiple tourney commitments right now.

Regards,

John Kettler<hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes:

Your so kind....

I think Tom and George would say I am a bit tasty on the attack as well.

;)

Anyway I am off line until January.

smile.gif

4 week holiday here I come... (Flights willing ;) )

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Does anyone here actually have an independantly confirmed victory in CMBO over Fionn in a fair fight?

-tom w

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]<hr></blockquote>

Tom, yes. smile.gif

Thanks Moon

I was just trying to determine whether or not Fionn was in fact invincible has everyone seems to respect him greatly as though he is invincible, but I have never played him.

I have been been beat by Abbott and Kiwi Joe (Who are both VERY good) but never played Fionn.

Its good to know he is not invincible. I guess its true in this game that no one is really invincible, as a little bad luck, and a few lucky hits or first shot KO's can turn the tide in ANY close game in a BIG way.

-tom w

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

In CM (as in real war) nobody is invincible. And of course I was referring to the "alpha battle" (which, I think, still can be found on CMHQ in the archives) and was as public as it can get. If you ask Fionn, it was my air cover which decided the game. But there are other sides to the story smile.gif

Martin

PS. No, Fionn, I... ehm... don't have time for a rematch just right now smile.gif

I do seem to remember an interesting and rather frantic exchange of PBEM turns in a game of Beta Last Defence.

I remember that the German player was good..

But as to who won.. The memory is foggy but I do think that there could no complete agreement could be reached on that point smile.gif

M.

Does anyone here actually have an independantly confirmed victory in CMBO over Fionn in a fair fight?

Has anyone here played Kiwi Joe?

He is also VERY good.

-tom w

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]<hr></blockquote>

I pulled a negotiated draw from Fionn in a tournament. I was a very fair fight and bitterly fought. I actually KOed one of his Kitties. ;)

But as for being invincible... I just got my hat handed to me by Jarmo. Granted it was one of those I had all bad luck and he nothing but good luck kind of battles but it does happen.

Jeff

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Has anyone here played Kiwi Joe?

He is also VERY good. <hr></blockquote>

Won once, lost the rematch.

Like the one with Shandorf, all was down to luck. smile.gif

There must be something in my playstyle that multiplies the effects of luck, both good and bad. Most of my games seem to be decided by a sroke of luck...

Almost fought Fionn once, but we ran into disagreement of acceptable playstyles and abandoned the fight halfway through.

As for a good opponent, I'd suggest anyone interested in getting beat up, search Catnip. She won maybe five total victories against me in a row. I felt like AI. redface.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Won once, lost the rematch.

Like the one with Shandorf, all was down to luck. smile.gif

There must be something in my playstyle that multiplies the effects of luck, both good and bad. Most of my games seem to be decided by a sroke of luck...

Almost fought Fionn once, but we ran into disagreement of acceptable playstyles and abandoned the fight halfway through.

As for a good opponent, I'd suggest anyone interested in getting beat up, search Catnip. She won maybe five total victories against me in a row. I felt like AI. redface.gif <hr></blockquote>

who is Catnip??

=Kitty?

Is she THAT good???

-tom w

who is Catnip??

=Kitty?

Is she THAT good???

-tom w<hr></blockquote>

Not the same cat, haven't seen her for a while. Haven't seen Kitty either..

But she also whipped KiwiJoe twice just as badly as she whipped me so I'd say she is THAT good.

And also a "technician", the kind of player who'd know exactly how far you can see in foggy scattered trees and use that knowledge. Plays the game, not a simulation..

If you want to get beat on hard, head on over to tournamenthouse.com and ask for swamp. (There is a chat room linked off the main site, which swamp often hangs out at.)

Swampy is very good indeed. He is also available to play, unlike most of the other people named here. His win streak is up to 31 as I post this, and a good many of these are good or excellent players. But he can always use another patsy. The only catch is he probably won't play you unless you join the TH ladder so as to make the game official. TH players tend to like the extra adrenaline resulting from games that count.

Hell, I could use another patsy, so if you join TH drop me a line too. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Not the same cat, haven't seen her for a while. Haven't seen Kitty either..

But she also whipped KiwiJoe twice just as badly as she whipped me so I'd say she is THAT good.

And also a "technician", the kind of player who'd know exactly how far you can see in foggy scattered trees and use that knowledge. Plays the game, not a simulation..<hr></blockquote>

oh I see

thanks for the tip :cool:

I have never met a "technician" like that of the female gender....

very interesting

-tom w