Welcome to Peng Challengeville!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

And Abbott, I look forward to hurting your Germans again next weekend.

Gyrene[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. I have a map I just finished for a campaign game I am involved with. I would like to play on it. Maybe I can find a third party to buy our forces and set them up for us. Will you have time for a Bn. level game?

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

About how many turns? I will probably have.

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found a third party to set up our game. let's move the discussion to e-mail.

You are all a bunch of pud wanking duffers whose geneologies originate from highly suspect South Pacific islands comprised of questionable amounts of arable acreage and bearing dubious nomenclatures such as Fiji and Saipan!!!

Bite me two times!!!

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: harpooner ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harpooner:

I still have a thesaurus!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight: your latest "taunt" is accusing people of being from South Pacific paradises? And Saipan isn't in the South Pacific, you twit. Ask your parents for an atlas.

In happier (for me) news, I am pleased to announce my utter topplement of Goanna. Thanks to a little collusion from the auto-purchaser (but taking nothing away from my splendid tactical execution and the unter-lizard's pathetic attempts to resist), I have spitted the scaly beast on a bayonet, roasted him over over a Bedu's campfire, and tossed his bones into the Gulf of Aden after feeding his gamey flesh to a camel.

By the numbers:

Handsome, virile fascist thugs (me)

5 casualties (1 KIA)

31 men OK

Score: 97

Limp, pommie pantywaists (him)

31 casualties (10 KIA)

8 captured

2 vehicles KOed

0 men OK

Score: 3

Axis Total Victory

Lorak! Let it be written:

Agua Perdido: Ringing triumph of arms (not at all due to luck-o-the-autopurchase in a tiny, unbalanced scenario, so put that right out of your mind) and Yet Another Brilliant Victory for well-mixed dry Manhattans (a great dessert! ask Mom for one tonight!), the proliferation of automatic electric trouser presses (to refresh the crease in one's slacks and take the wrinkles out of one's seat, that is--er... never mind: Bauhaus, have at it), excessive parenthetical asides (accept no substitute!) and (as always) the Implied Threat of Mormon Wives.

Goanna: Enforced exile to Borneo, with no tasty fruit-flies on which to munch.

In other UPDATES!:

Leeo and I have traded TDs, and his Mark IV reigns as King of the Hill. So far, its first imperial decree has been to sit around and do nothing. Minor infantry skirmishing continues.

Croda is still a brainless prat.

Seanachai and I have finished our setup and embarked on the staggeringly-uneventful opening turn. Let me describe the map this cheating, code-altering fiend has somehow manipulated the game into producing: all the VLs concentrated in a dense clump of large heavy buildings, surrounded by small heavy buildings, all on the reverse slope of a ridge with no cover whatsoever on it, with wooded heights behind it, as if he needed even-more-dominating overwatch positions. As it is, I may not be able to double-time my men all the way across the enormous map to even get to this contrived setup before the clock runs out.

stevetherat is back from vacation, although you certainly wouldn't be able to tell by the amount of turns he's sent since(which is none, by the way).

Perceptive readers have by now realized that I've managed to finish an entire game with Goanna without returning DekeFentle's setup file. He's even started offering advice on how to organize my units. A weaker man might feel guilty at having rudely kept an opponent waiting so long for no reason. A cynical reader might perceive a certain hesisitancy or even command paralysis on my part at managing a larger force than I'm used to. I, however, figure that if I hold out another week or two, I can get him to surrender in frustration without actually playing.

Contempt for all of note, and no notice for the others,

Agua Perdido

[Edited because it's before 10AM.]

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Agua Perdido ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abbott:

~serious~ No harm or disregard for former or current Marines intended. Many of my family members have served in the corp. ~serious~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never thought that was your intention. This however does not change the basic fact that I want your skull on my trophy wall. I have a nice place picked out... right next to Seanachai and just below Bauhaus

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

I could rent it to you for a Sig, or do ya wanna fight over it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am poor so rent will have to be cheap, but you may send me a file to take the my sig from me if you wish. I am not against the idea of giving you my sig if you win, and I assume since I am squire I get nothing but ridicule and crys me of being a gamey basterd if I win. Right?

From armornut's profile...

Large Scale RC Tanks, and COMGAT MISSION

What's COMGAT MISSION? I must have missed this one, BTS?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel too good about yourself, you are not the first to notice that. Yes, I can make mistakes, but it is not that often. I have not changed it to see if I can get retards who don't read the forum enough to point it out again. You win!

Not a big surprise here. :eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by armornut:

Don't feel too good about yourself, you are not the first to notice that. Yes, I can make mistakes, but it is not that often. I have not changed it to see if I can get retards who don't read the forum enough to point it out again. You win!

Not a big surprise here. :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whew, I am glad it was just an oversight, for a moment I thought a few of those kids had slipped you some crack.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>dalem wrote:

close yer pie hole and send me some sort of setup. And put a monkey in it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Mr. dalem,

Thankyou for your application for the post of PBEM Opponent. Unfortunately all our PBEM positions are currently filled, but we will keep you on file and inform you of any vacancies in the near future. Thankyou for your interest in Aitken PBEM Inc.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Dear Mr. dalem,

Thankyou for your application for the post of PBEM Opponent. Unfortunately all our PBEM positions are currently filled, but we will keep you on file and inform you of any vacancies in the near future. Thankyou for your interest in Aitken PBEM Inc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know you worked in HR.

Lorak...Oh Lorak....Stop giving the computer a satified "Hey, I just pumped the cat look" and grab your quill.

Scribe thusly in the Tomb of Doom

Wildman, defender of good, Member of the Armed Forces of the US that won WWII by the way.---Win, convincingly

Lawyer, some Beltway twit who's rights I'm forced to protect. Some lawyer who annouced my topplement was at hand----Loss, badly

Ah, twas a great an glorious battle. His two veteran StuG roaming the country confindent in their ability to destroy everything, calmly and quickly removed from play by one shot from a Sherman and one shot from a zook. Two MG teams terminated with extreme irritability by 60mm mortars.

Now onto the matter of the "other" lawyer-type:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jd:

Whatever....(vaguely waving limp wrist in your direction) If there had been any life, verve, passion and intelligence, I might bother.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now in the spirit of generally harmany between mankind I don't point out these glaring deficiencies of a person. But since jd is only a lawyer, all bets are off.

Really jd, if you want to wave your wrist limply at someone, try Mace, he might find the change from soft, cuddy sheep a good one.

There was no real verve or passion in the post as I was forced to drink copious amounts of over-priced Starbucks coffee in an effort to raise my heartbeat enough to overcome the lassitude brought on by your short, inept post.

You sir, are a cad. You are also a lawyer so I understand that mere words will have no effect on your empty soul.

I have defeated or staved off all the current forms of evil in the pool to date. The evil one Berli, the excuse of a lobbiest Jake the Snake, and now I desire the Triple Crown. I've come for your jewels, so defend yourself you manhoooverist.

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Wildman ]

Posted to get the thread back up where it belongs, the top!

Edited to ask that someone snuff out eurobutthead. I felt posting it here would help me vent my feelings about the little mice rapeing git without bumping his thread.

Good day!

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: armornut ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wildman:

Wildman, defender of good, Member of the Armed Forces of the US that won WWII by the way.---Win, convincingly

Lawyer, some Beltway twit who's rights I'm forced to protect. Some lawyer who annouced my topplement was at hand----Loss, badly

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is this "Wildman" guy?? I've never heard of him before. Has anybody else?

Originally posted by Abbott: Careful with that Pabst talk, Lawyer is from Joyzee.

Abbott, you git, I'm gonna rip your tongue out for such libel. Check my profile and send me a LARGE check as recompense-Lawyer

As Armornut can tell you checking profiles is not my strong suit. As Seanachai (and a few others, ok MOST others) can tell you posting is not either. In the interest of reaping huge amounts of abuse upon myself as newbie is to nice a term for one as low as myself YOU SHOULD NOT force me to post in this thread unless I have something enlightening to say.

When will that be you may ask? Well just keep asking, until then I believe Lawyer should reap the FULL repercussions of forcing you to waste your time reading this post.

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Who is this "Wildman" guy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's the one who lured in Armornut so he'd seem eloquent by comparison. Free beer and brats in the EW threads, by the way.

Agua Perdido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

I think he's the one who lured in Armornut so he'd seem eloquent by comparison. Free beer and brats in the EW threads, by the way.

Agua Perdido<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suck an egg you twit! I have never, and will never be considered (or wanted to be) eloquent. After all I am the squire of the honorable (er something) and great knight Mace, how could I be?

I would like the beer idea, but the brat idea bites.

edited because I can

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: armornut ]

Originally posted by Abbott: Careful with that Pabst talk, Lawyer is from Joyzee.

Abbott, you git, I'm gonna rip your tongue out for such libel. Check my profile and send me a LARGE check as recompense-Lawyer

As Armornut can tell you checking profiles is not my strong suit. As Seanachai (and a few others, ok MOST others) can tell you posting is not either. In the interest of reaping huge amounts of abuse upon myself as newbie is to nice a term for one as low as myself YOU SHOULD NOT force me to post in this thread unless I have something enlightening to say.

When will that be you may ask? Well just keep asking, until then I believe Lawyer should reap the FULL repercussions of forcing you to waste your time reading this post.

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the flow of this prose, I believe PawBroon posting as Abbott again.

BTW, check out PawBroon's latest effort on EW's "To the Admins" thread. Awesome! I'm telling you, the Duke is posting right here in the Cesspool. What an honor!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by armornut:

I would like the beer idea, but the brat idea bites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dare impugn the holy mother Bratwurst?! Heathen! Apostate! Communist! I suppose you'd rather sup on a hot dog or maybe a nice soy patty or somefink. Stand away from the Weber, you cad--it's BBQ season and I've no time for your heresy!

[Places nice ribeye on the grill, where it sizzles satisfyingly.]

Agua Perdido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

You dare impugn the holy mother Bratwurst?! Heathen! Apostate! Communist! I suppose you'd rather sup on a hot dog or maybe a nice soy patty or somefink. Stand away from the Weber, you cad--it's BBQ season and I've no time for your heresy!

[Places nice ribeye on the grill, where it sizzles satisfyingly.]

Agua Perdido<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOPS, when you said brats I thought you were refering to the brat EW. I have nothing against any BBQ. I myself am making ready a Santa Maria Tri-tip roast. I would never offend the meat god!