MORE answers to all your questions here!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, an thank you for the time you spend on the board smile.gif

I read the actual CM engine can't modelize multi-turreted tanks. But the T28 was not so rare. Is it possible to modelize it as a tank with 2 x bow Mg ? Or is this tank definitely out of the list ?

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Xavier ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vonkluge:

Will their be Railroad Guns in CM2 because the Germans mostly at the begining of Barborossa had used quite a few RR guns like the K-5 gun and Leopold and so on so will their be a RR gun Spotter? :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be surprised if the railroad artillery came into play in CM2. It was extremely rare to begin with and was generally used in siege conditions...hardly the CM type of scenario.

Also, the rate of fire of one of those beasts is abysmal...one round every 2 minutes would be realistic and in some cases pushing the envelope.

Could you see one round volleys every two minutes in CM? I don't think so.

Personally, speaking now to the BTS gang, I'd rather see programming effort going into more improvements in the AI, so it is even more diabolical (and a help to my own grunts when they sally forth on their own every minute.) Lets put such talent as we have where it will have the greatest possible impact upon gaming satisfaction!

AND THATS ONTHER THING! WHY ARE STURMTIGER|STURMMORSAR TIGERS BEING MODELED IN CM2? THERE SHOULD BE A STURM TIGER SPOTTER BUT NOT A STURMTIGER< THE STURMTIGER RANGE WAS 3.7 mls. A SPOTTER NOT THE VEHICLE WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE :mad:

ANd another question (sorry I have so many that must be answered) are there going to be Flak Towers for the battle of Berlin? That would be really cool to have flak towers, I mean the krauts didnt have much at all and they still inflicted 300,000 russian casualties oh how sad, well anyway---there should be a Flak tower fortification

Well VonK

The normal Tiger I E probably has a maximum range well in excess of 3.7 miles, but that does not prevent it from being an on board weapon, now does it?

The Sturmtiger is intended to move in close, that is what all the armour is there for.

M.

I hate to ask, as I'm happy what ever you put or have to leave out in CM2. But !! I would like to ask if there are any plans to put in those Soviet Aerosans ski vehicles for winter battles ????

oh, yeah....are BA-64 armoured cars going to be in it too ????????? smile.gif

Ok, I'll bite.

Will the Mac version of CM:BB have a new file structure for graphics files so that mod sluts like me can mod to their hearts content? 16MB resource files aren't large enough to have high-res mods for many of the vehicles in CM1 and with even more vehicles in CM2 I can only see this getting worse unless you guys plan to address it directly.

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this one somewhere already.

Vetch

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YECoyote:

One of my pet peeves is having the grunts fire their weapons at 400m, when I want them to run for cover to cover. Will there be a HOLD FIRE/FIRE AT WILL command?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever tried [hide] and [ambush]? ;)

Steve

good of you to re-open this "life-line" especially as the last one got side- tracked and mired (please folks, keep to questions and post your opinions elsewhere smile.gif

To what extent, if any, will QB's be enhanced or altered - especially looking around issues of more randomness, greater variety of troop experience levels and types of battle and maps, etc?

Can we look forward to the inclusion of the Brummmbar (there were nearly three hundred of 'em!)?

I recall when CM1 was in the works you released a long list of hoped-for vehicles, many of which never made the final cut (Locust light tank, etc.). Are there any vehicles you KNOW you won't be getting to simply because they're low on the list and you've only got so much time to do them? I could imagine the PzI, lend-lease Valentines, the Hungarian Toldi, etc. to be pretty darned low on your to-do list.

It would be nice to have the AI use arty smoke screens. I don't recall it ever doing that except to temporarily silence tanks, as opposed to screening troop movements, where it's far more useful much of the time. The AI would be a much better attacker if it used smoke more like the way human players do.

vonkluge, on the subject of flak towers:

Not too long ago a conversation on this very topic was brought up.

Although I, personally, have no real knowledge of this topic, the general opinion was something like "there were too few of them", "they were used mostly for anti-aircraft fire", and "the guns in the flak towers (something like 128mm flak I believe) couldn't depress to fire at infantry anyway".

Hope this helps.

Now, as for my OWN QUESTION (highlighted to catch Steve's attention ;) )

As I asked before, are there any plans for a "Berserker" morale state? In the heat of combat, you dont know what one man might do when compared to the next. We've all probably heard stories/myths/accounts of a soldier or two turning the scales of battle by an act of sacrificial heroism.

Basically, this'll serve to randomize things a bit. Throw an edge into action. Make your troops seem more life like instead of just sprites with only one reaction to intense fire.

If it is deemed too unbalancing, berserk mode should be somewhat rarer when compared to the other morale modes like rout and panick.

So, BTS, any word on this?

Is the AI smart enough to use smoke to screen planned attacks? Does the AI even have a plan? It seems to me that the AI's plan is to move towards objectives and destroy anything in its path, or defend the objectives and destroy anything that comes its way. The AI is even a gamey bastard because I have seen it rush the objectives in the last few turns. I am currently playing an operation with 11 battles. I am on the offense and the AI is on defense. I have made a good deal of progress, so the AI seems to have switched over to the offensive to take back lost ground. At the end of every battle the AI has rushed me with everything it had left.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Is the AI smart enough to use smoke to screen planned attacks? Does the AI even have a plan? It seems to me that the AI's plan is to move towards objectives and destroy anything in its path, or defend the objectives and destroy anything that comes its way. The AI is even a gamey bastard because I have seen it rush the objectives in the last few turns. I am currently playing an operation with 11 battles. I am on the offense and the AI is on defense. I have made a good deal of progress, so the AI seems to have switched over to the offensive to take back lost ground. At the end of every battle the AI has rushed me with everything it had left.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does this. Ive even gunned down AI controlled artillery observers in the final moments of a game. The AI seems to have an everything but the kitchen sink approach at times.

Regarding CM2 and mac file structure:

Charles informed me that CM2 for mac will use bmps, same as on the PC side.

I reckon there will be a folder, drag and drop the bmps in the folder and CM will use em. Not sure about sounds, though I suspect it will be similar.

So, no more resource file size limits! And no need for a mod manager or ResEdit to do the mods...

dave

On the subject of the Strategic AI, is anything going to be done about its habit of deploying without regard to formation?

I would suspect this would hamstring it even more as C&C is implemented for armor.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

are there any plans for a "Berserker" morale state? In the heat of combat, you dont know what one man might do when compared to the next. We've all probably heard stories/myths/accounts of a soldier or two turning the scales of battle by an act of sacrificial heroism.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is already modeled through fanaticism. There is a chance that a unit will go "beserk" but the player doesn't know if or when it happens; the fighting effectiveness of that unit is increased. At least that's my understanding of how it works.

CM can't model individual soldiers going beserk because CM doesn't model individual soldiers. It would have to be at least a squad going beserk. You know, if you say the word "beserk" enough times it starts to sound pretty silly.

I think what YEcoyte meant was when you're troops are running from cover to cover.

Lets say it's 50m between two houses you're squad is trying to get to.

All of a sudden an enemy squad shows up, 300m away. My squad opens fire on the enemy squad which is 300m away. That is ridicilous.

This kinda of thing happens to me all the time. That kinda a thing should be fixed.